Eason to UW

D

DomeHawk

seahawkfreak":2uuy39he said:
Was wondering what was going to happen to him. Guess you dogs are pretty happy.
Former Georgia QB Jacob Eason officially transfers back home to Washington

I was just about to post this. In fact I was just saying to someone, "well, he hasn't transferred yet." Quarterback is the most important position on a football team and it isn't even close. In the pros you don't even think about doing anything without a good QB and college football isn't much different. Right now, UDub has four (4) top quarterbacks. Talk about an embarrassment of riches!

IT'S GREAT TO BE A HUSKY!!!

OP
OP
seahawkfreak

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I remember his freshman year and saw that he was from Lake Stevens and was thinking what are you doing in Georgia. I'm sure there is a story behind that and maybe it can be a win win with him and Fromm.

I also blew off his name as a coincidence but yes he is Tony's son. Didn't know, I'm sure many did but never heard them say it on TV.

sdog1981

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2i5k0dgg said:
I remember his freshman year and saw that he was from Lake Stevens and was thinking what are you doing in Georgia. I'm sure there is a story behind that and maybe it can be a win win with him and Fromm.

I also blew off his name as a coincidence but yes he is Tony's son. Didn't know, I'm sure many did but never heard them say it on TV.

Along the same ideas. How did Tony Eason end up out here? And Which Tony Eason are we talking about. The QB or the WR who played for Notre Dame in the 80's?

OP
OP
seahawkfreak

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
sdog1981":3eoh3vzt said:
seahawkfreak":3eoh3vzt said:

Along the same ideas. How did Tony Eason end up out here? And Which Tony Eason are we talking about. The QB or the WR who played for Notre Dame in the 80's?

Oh wow. Nice call do you remember that Tony Eason,,,,, from Notre Dame? He is definitely Jacob's Dad.
Notre Dame experience prepared Tony Eason for son’s recruitment at UGA

When I was doing research and saw his Dad's name was Tony I thought for sure then it was the QB from 83.

Spot on call. :2thumbs:

fenderbender123

Reaction score
It pisses me off that he's transferring now when he should have just signed with UW to begin with. I want him to play instead of Browning. Obviously can't happen.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3qumncll said:
I wonder if he transfers again when my man Yankoff beats him out?

Is Yankoff under the radar a bit? Usually most people discuss Sirmon as the lock. I hope Yankoff is great though and it becomes a win win situation.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":13g4h61u said:

Yankoff's good but remember Eason was a 5-star for a reason, AND now he has matured and will have another year to mature and practice in the system. Advantage Eason.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":2njwk8g5 said:
JSeahawks":2njwk8g5 said:

Is Yankoff under the radar a bit? Usually most people discuss Sirmon as the lock. I hope Yankoff is great though and it becomes a win win situation.

This is just one man's opinion, who has never seen either of them live, just based on highlights and what i've read about them in various places, but in my opinion Sirmon is one of those QB's that looks great in practice and looks the part. But Yankoff is the one who has "it" and is a gamer. I've heard from UW fans (i think on this very board, but i'm not going to take the time to go back and look) that its believed Sirmon is also about at his ceiling, but that Yankoff still has a lot to go.

The reason I like Yankoff more is because he's much more of an athlete. He's Jake Locker with much, much, much more refined QBing skills.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
JSeahawks":33ysthet said:
Glasgow Seahawk":33ysthet said:
JSeahawks":33ysthet said:

This is just one man's opinion, who has never seen either of them live, just based on highlights and what i've read about them in various places, but in my opinion Sirmon is one of those QB's that looks great in practice and looks the part. But Yankoff is the one who has "it" and is a gamer. I've heard from UW fans (i think on this very board, but i'm not going to take the time to go back and look) that its believed Sirmon is also about at his ceiling, but that Yankoff still has a lot to go.

The reason I like Yankoff more is because he's much more of an athlete. He's Jake Locker with much, much, much more refined QBing skills.

I 100% agree.... I think UW got a good one in Yankoff. Sirmon will do the transfer rollercoaster and end up at Middle Tennessee State or somewhere. He is WAY over hyped. Not sure what to make of Eason.. My bet is he gets beaten out and transfers out again.

A-Dog

Reaction score
Anyone else think Eason has a weird/slow release?

sdog1981

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1x71rm7g said:
sdog1981":1x71rm7g said:
seahawkfreak":1x71rm7g said:

Oh wow. Nice call do you remember that Tony Eason,,,,, from Notre Dame? He is definitely Jacob's Dad.
Notre Dame experience prepared Tony Eason for son’s recruitment at UGA

When I was doing research and saw his Dad's name was Tony I thought for sure then it was the QB from 83.

Spot on call. :2thumbs:

That is my absolute limit on NFL Tony Eason trivia knowledge. I thought the QB was his dad too. Then I read your link.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":11s6vdqd said:
Glasgow Seahawk":11s6vdqd said:
JSeahawks":11s6vdqd said:

A name I don't need to hear.
I hope you are right..

Seafan

Reaction score
They have four QBs named Jake and Haener isn't being talked about at all. He likely fits Peterson's QB mold better than any of the others. It will be interesting to watch the next few years.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/jtheaps9/status/963189391614140417[/tweet]

Good to see he has Jake Heaps and RW taking him under their wings. Plus his new OC is the brother of another Seahawk QB. :thumbup: