Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The 2019 Recruiting thread

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: The 2019 Recruiting thread
Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:52 pm
  • As long as Petersen is there, UW is a smart choice for literally every kid that's offered. Unless they value things outside of being developed as a football player, as a person, and succeeding academically. That's always the tricky part.

I've worked with people who played for Petersen at Boise St, and they've all said he's just the best damn coach ever who really does prepare you for life in so many ways.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:34 am
  • Bru McCoy visiting UW this coming weekend.

Is there a point at which the USC season completely falls apart that they start worrying about the guys everyone assumes/knows will sign for them?
    drrew
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:34 am
  • drrew wrote:Bru McCoy visiting UW this coming weekend.

Is there a point at which the USC season completely falls apart that they start worrying about the guys everyone assumes/knows will sign for them?

For me it's the first Wednesday in February that I relax. Nobody really knows what a high school kid is "going" to do.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:50 am
  • Anajimmc wrote:
    drrew wrote:Bru McCoy visiting UW this coming weekend.

For me it's the first Wednesday in February that I relax. Nobody really knows what a high school kid is "going" to do.

Truer words were never spoken but I do think USC in particular has a lot riding on a season that seems to be imploding. With all those great athletes however, I never count them out.

To a lesser extent Oregon also has a lot riding on this season. They have a coach whom has a less than stellar resume and if he doesn't show he is able to produce, their highly rated class will be looking for less greener (purple) pastures, lol.
    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

- Darius Rucker
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:54 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:"You said "The smart choice" for who? you. The kid is a So Cal kid, he's got friends on the team, his best friend is committed to SC. Do you know what his major will be and how UW compares to other target schools he's considering.

If he chooses UW great, but there are a number of great choices for him.

I'm not saying he is, just that the opportunity to play with a for-real top NFL QB prospect could get him in the NFL quicker than getting caught in a logjam at USC.

Oh that's eason, the kid who had no pocket awareness at UGA? Jake Heaps 2.0
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:07 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:"You said "The smart choice" for who? you. The kid is a So Cal kid, he's got friends on the team, his best friend is committed to SC. Do you know what his major will be and how UW compares to other target schools he's considering.

I'm not saying he is, just that the opportunity to play with a for-real top NFL QB prospect could get him in the NFL quicker than getting caught in a logjam at USC.

Legit 5-star, Brock Huard said he was the best passing HS QB he had ever seen. He started as a true freshman, has had 2 yrs to season. USC and Oregon have no QB's to compare to UW's stable. He will be an NFL 1st rounder.
    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

- Darius Rucker
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:12 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:

I call BS: "It’s no secret that Georgia’s offensive line struggled often last season. At many times, Eason found himself smothered by the opposing defense.There were times when Eason looked flustered while under pressure, but on a few occasions, he showed some nice poise and pocket awareness."
    https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georg ... s-georgia/

- Darius Rucker
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:29 pm
  • Kyle Ford's senior season is over. He's out with torn knee ligaments. Hope the Trojans continue to recruit him hard.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Huskies Land Big Offensive Lineman
Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:34 am

Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:50 am

Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:58 am
  • drrew wrote:UW gets Bralen Trice - OLB/DE out of Phoenix.

Lots of national guys predicted he'd end up at Notre Dame as recently as last week, so this was a pleasant surprise.

Bit raw, but good size at 6'4 225 and should be a good pass rusher prospect.

https://www.uwdawgpound.com/2018/10/6/17945562/woof-huskies-land-3-star-defensive-end

I hope so, because UW's pass rush is anemic this year.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:35 pm
  • Ducks add 4 star inside linebacker Jared Casey from Louisville, Kentucky. Kids a thumper.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:44 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    Oh, and his dad is very much onboard with what Cristobal is building.

Right, the entire Pac-12 is shaking in their booots over your FIU 27 and 48 coach, lol.

Not sure what that has to do with anything? Obviously he has a lot to prove, as all new coaches do. But I can tell you with 100% certainty that the Millens have bought into his vision and plan.

If you take the son you should be required to take the father as well.
    Not a fan of the father.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:53 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:

His pocket awareness can’t be worse than the current guy who we’ve been watching turtle in big games for the last 4 years.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:12 pm
  • Sounds like the Ducks made quite an impression on Kayvon Thibedeoux, the number 1 overall player in the country, who was on an official this weekend. He tweeted out that this was the best game he's ever been to, and that he's going to be moving his commitment date up. Sounds like if it ended right now, he'd be a duck. Still a long way to go though, so I wont hold my breath.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Previous

It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:33 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information