Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The 2019 Recruiting thread

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: The 2019 Recruiting thread
Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:37 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:On the Husky front its starting to sound like Asa Turner wont be signing with UW or Notre Dame today. Sound like he's going to push his decision back to February, which is probably the smart thing to do if he's not 100% sure. (of course that could all change in an hour).


    That's great news for UW since we're in a dead period until 1/10. I'm certain even though nobody is "officially" talking to him, that they're trying to get him up for a couple of the Rose Bowl practices in Pasadena next week.
    drrew
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1061
    Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:50 am


Re: The 2019 Recruiting thread
Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:32 pm
  • Sounds like Kyle Ford will not be signing til February, which is good for UW and UO. Was worried he'd sign with USC right after visiting there this weekend.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24000
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2019 Recruiting thread
Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:59 pm
  • In perhaps the greatest position of need in the program, Washington signed 3* kicker Tim Horn out of Hawaii.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10368
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: The 2019 Recruiting thread
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:32 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:In perhaps the greatest position of need in the program, Washington signed 3* kicker Tim Horn out of Hawaii.


    Lol, can't disagree with that.

    Getting Latu was awesome, this D-line is an incredible class with with the 4th and 8th best DT's and now the 6th best DE.

    If we could close with a top WR this would probably be the best class since Neuheisel's 2001 class.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1065
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: The 2019 Recruiting thread
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:39 pm
  • Interesting comment listening to the radio last night: I forget who it was but they were talking about how the top-5 teams get the top classes consistently every year. They were making the analogy of winning the Super Bowl and then getting the first pick in the first round. Never thought of it that way but that is essentially what happens.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1065
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: The 2019 Recruiting thread
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:43 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Sounds like Kyle Ford will not be signing til February, which is good for UW and UO. Was worried he'd sign with USC right after visiting there this weekend.

    McCoy will be signing his letter today, but keeping it under wraps until the all star game, I'm thinking Ford and Steele may do the same.

    Looks like it came down to the wire but SC looks to have Drake Jackson, I believe that the SC staff cooled on KT in order to pursue Jackson. I've seen them both play, KT is more athletic for sure but Jackson is bigger with a non stop motor, he brings it every play.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 202
    Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:32 pm


Re: The 2019 Recruiting thread
Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:12 pm
  • Anajimmc wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Sounds like Kyle Ford will not be signing til February, which is good for UW and UO. Was worried he'd sign with USC right after visiting there this weekend.

    McCoy will be signing his letter today, but keeping it under wraps until the all star game, I'm thinking Ford and Steele may do the same.

    Looks like it came down to the wire but SC looks to have Drake Jackson, I believe that the SC staff cooled on KT in order to pursue Jackson. I've seen them both play, KT is more athletic for sure but Jackson is bigger with a non stop motor, he brings it every play.


    Both Mccoy and Steele did sign but Ford choose not to sign and hide it. SC cooled on KT for Latu who was a heavy USC lean before this weekend where UW got him to commit and today he signed.
    goseahawks2012
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 58
    Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:54 pm


Re: The 2019 Recruiting thread
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:26 am
  • So just to put a bow on the Oregon class after signing day. 5th in the country, (#1 outside of the SEC). Pretty remarkable job by the Ducks staff considering they're on their 3rd coach in 3 years and have been coming off a few lackluster years on the field. All 22 of the commits signed at the early signing period, which is a big difference from last year. At least 13 of the 22 are planning on enrolling early (either right after Christmas break, or for spring quarter) and will be here for Spring practice, which is huge.

    I think they plan on still adding 4 or 5 guys before the final signing day in February. They definitely need to find a nose tackle and a safety. They did pretty well at defensive end, but whiffed on Siaki Ika at nose. Other then that, they're pretty much just going to be focusing their recruitment on a few of the "big fish".
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24000
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2019 Recruiting thread
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:20 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:So just to put a bow on the Oregon class after signing day. 5th in the country, (#1 outside of the SEC). Pretty remarkable job by the Ducks staff considering they're on their 3rd coach in 3 years and have been coming off a few lackluster years on the field. All 22 of the commits signed at the early signing period, which is a big difference from last year. At least 13 of the 22 are planning on enrolling early (either right after Christmas break, or for spring quarter) and will be here for Spring practice, which is huge.

    I think they plan on still adding 4 or 5 guys before the final signing day in February. They definitely need to find a nose tackle and a safety. They did pretty well at defensive end, but whiffed on Siaki Ika at nose. Other then that, they're pretty much just going to be focusing their recruitment on a few of the "big fish".


    It is a great class, at least on paper, but you can't win anything in the off-season. I wonder if Cristobal is really that good of a recruiter or is this just another example of Oregon doing well when USC is down?
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1065
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: The 2019 Recruiting thread
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:20 pm
  • On a bit of a lighter note, the Ducks added an interesting preferred walk on. Cross Patton, running back, the son of rapper and Outkast member Big Boi. He's a pretty good athlete. I doubt he'll ever get meaningful carries, but i bet he'll get some special teams work.

    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24000
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2019 Recruiting thread
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:43 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:On a bit of a lighter note, the Ducks added an interesting preferred walk on. Cross Patton, running back, the son of rapper and Outkast member Big Boi. He's a pretty good athlete. I doubt he'll ever get meaningful carries, but i bet he'll get some special teams work.



    I'm down for walkons!
    Attachments
    6_5037807.jpg
    6_5037807.jpg (29.04 KiB) Viewed 725 times
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1065
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: The 2019 Recruiting thread
Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:43 pm
  • Chris Steele pretty much locked in with Florida (he may or may not have signed yet, nobody is sure). He's a guy USC and Oregon were chasing pretty hard.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24000
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2019 Recruiting thread
Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:58 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Chris Steele pretty much locked in with Florida (he may or may not have signed yet, nobody is sure). He's a guy USC and Oregon were chasing pretty hard.

    Greg Biggins insinuated he did sign with Florida already.
    goseahawks2012
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 58
    Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:54 pm


Re: The 2019 Recruiting thread
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:48 am
  • Likely to be a good day for USC today. Kyle Ford and Bru McCoy, both 5 star receivers (although McCoy could also play defense), expected to commit to them today at the All American Bowl. As much as I hate to think about it the Pac12 could use a return to dominance by USC.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24000
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2019 Recruiting thread
Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:17 pm
  • As expected for a few weeks, star Cb Chris Steele picks Florida over USC and Oregon. One if the big reasons he gave was that the sec officials would let him play more physically then those in the pac12.

    We’ve all known that pac12 football officiating is the worst in the country, now it’s being used against us in recruiting.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24000
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2019 Recruiting thread
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:22 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:As expected for a few weeks, star Cb Chris Steele picks Florida over USC and Oregon. One if the big reasons he gave was that the sec officials would let him play more physically then those in the pac12.

    We’ve all known that pac12 football officiating is the worst in the country, now it’s being used against us in recruiting.

    In the Pac 12, The Commissioner and all of football officiating are populated by nothing but a bunch of incompetent phacking morons.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 202
    Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:32 pm


Re: The 2019 Recruiting thread
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:33 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Likely to be a good day for USC today. Kyle Ford and Bru McCoy, both 5 star receivers (although McCoy could also play defense), expected to commit to them today at the All American Bowl. As much as I hate to think about it the Pac12 could use a return to dominance by USC.


    This is what happens to you when you have a chronic case of Husky envy/fear, lol.

    (I think Freud said something about this)
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1065
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: The 2019 Recruiting thread
Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:12 pm
  • 3 star center Logan Sagapolu from Lehi, Utah commits to Oregon. 6'3", 340. He's a mission kid so probably wont be on the field for 3 years (2 year mission, then a redshirt year to get back into football shape), if he ever makes it to Eugene at all. Seems like most of these mission kids come off their original commitments and end up at BYU.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24000
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Previous


It is currently Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:11 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests