Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The 2019 Recruiting thread

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
The 2019 Recruiting thread
Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:52 pm
  • Time to get this started. I debated if i was going to do this again this year because of the bickering in the last thread over the last month which made it a lot less fun, but i'm going to go for it. To begin with, let me just say that following recruiting is all about optimism and hope for the future. I realize that i'm going to come at things with a green and yellow view point, most of you will come with a purple view point, some with a scarlett and red viewpoint, etc, etc, but it would be awesome if we can keep this a positive thread. It would be awesome if we can celebrate our own commits, discuss each others commits and schools without going down the, "Washington Sucks" "No, Oregon sucks!" route. As usual I follow mostly Oregon and Washington recruiting the most, and i'll probably pay more attention to UCLA this year because of Chip Kelly, but it would be awesome and appreciated if fans of other schools would contribute here as well.

Oregon's class this year should end up somewhere between 20-25 kids. They only have 10 graduating seniors but they're nowhere near the 85 total scholarships limit so they will push some available scholarships forward to the next class. With that, plus some natural attrition i'd bet it will be about 25. Right now the Ducks have 1 guy commited towards the 2019 class:

Marques Caldwell, cornerback from Alvin Texas. He's only a mid 3 star, but he was one of the very first DB offers that Oregon made for this class, so the coaches must really like him. That said, the cornerback coach who he commited to is now at Ole Miss so it wouldnt be a total shock if he decommited, although so far he's saying all the right things. Highlights:

https://www.hudl.com/profile/7903807/Marques-Caldwell

Not sure about UW's class size. Can someone help me out there? Seems like Petersen usually keeps it somewhere between 18-22. They have 3 guys commited already:

Dylan Morris, 4 star QB from Graham, Washington. He's pretty darn good. I actually think he would be a 5 star if he was 6'3" instead of 6'1". As is he's the 87th ranked player in the class. Petersen is one of the best in the business at keeping his commits, but i'm sure a lot of coaches will be in his ear about the depth chart in front of him at UW.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/6348703/Dylan-Morris

Cameron Davis 3 star running back from Upland, California. To be honest, i dont know anything about him.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/7271255/Cameron-Davis

Nathaniel Kaleipo 3 star o'linemen from Rainier Beach in Seattle. 6'6", 300 lbs. He's Danny Shelton's nephew. I know for 100% fact that he was about to commit to Oregon a few months ago (I know the guy who created his "i'm commiting to Oregon" edit), but UW offered him the day before he was set to commit and then he was commited to UW a week later.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6746549/5a ... 039ce0daaa

So those are the commited, now here are the prospects in Oregon and Washington. Not a ton of talent in the NW this year, as of right now I think there are 4 Washington kids, and 2 Oregon kids worthy of offers from the Washingtons, Oregons and USC"s of the world. Then there are some others that could move up there with good senior seasons.

First the Oregon kids:

Michael Johnson 4 star QB from Sheldon High school in Eugene. He's the son of the Ducks wide receivers coach. He's in the Khalil Tate mold. Elite runner, good enough passer, but passing is not his strength. He's the #2 duel threat QB in the class. Oregon is considered the leader but he's got offers from all of the big boys in college football, so it wont be an easy recruitment. Fun highlight tape to watch:

http://www.hudl.com/profile/5098019/Michael-Johnson-Jr

Patrick Herbert 4 star TE also from Sheldon High School. He's Justin's younger brother. From what i've heard its a 3 team race between Oregon, Washington and Cal. I've heard him mention in interviews that he really likes Oregon's new staff, he also really likes Washington, and his family has a life long relationship with Justin Wilcox which will keep Cal in it. To be honest, I think he'd be a really good 2nd tight end in a class, i'm not sure I would want him as the top dog.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/6243527/Patrick-Herbert

The Washington kid:

Dylan Morris I already talked about him above. He's the #3 pro style qb in the country.

Darien Chase 4 star athlete from Union high school in Vancouver. Could play WR or DB. When Taggart was here this was a guy who was going to be a Duck. He visited Eugene 3 or 4 times this season. I havnt heard his name mentioned since Taggart left. UW has not offered yet as far as i can tell.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/6571914/Darien-Chase

Justus Legg 4 star WDE from Auburn, Washington. This is a guy that the Duck coaches really like. He's visited Eugene a few times including this past weekend on an unofficial visit. UW has not offered him either.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/5495120/Justus-legg

Nathaniel Kalepo Already talked about him above as well.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Re: The 2019 Recruiting thread
Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:58 pm
  • One other thing to keep an eye on this cycle. Hawaii is absolutely loaded with talent. The 2018 class was pretty underwhelming from the Islands, but there's a ton of talent out there this year. I'm sure Pac 12 coaches will be swarming all over the islands.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:30 pm

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:32 pm

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:44 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:Theme for 2019...Hog Mollies
    https://wearesc.com/wheres-the-beef-wait-till-next-year/

I've heard that the d'line out west is really deep for this class. Not sure about the o'line.

I'm hearing both, with D-line being the top of the heap.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:22 pm
  • This wouldnt be till 2020 or later but im curious about how good sam huard is? Been hearing a lot about him but not sure if that is because of who his dad and uncle are and the local media hear being friendly with them. I know UW will have Morris in 2019 and yankoff/sirmon will be in their later years. Do UW even offer assuming he's good enough and wants to follow in their steps?
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:31 pm
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:This wouldnt be till 2020 or later but im curious about how good sam huard is? Been hearing a lot about him but not sure if that is because of who his dad and uncle are and the local media hear being friendly with them. I know UW will have Morris in 2019 and yankoff/sirmon will be in their later years. Do UW even offer assuming he's good enough and wants to follow in their steps?

Just looked him up and he's a class of 2021 kid. So still a long way off. By the time he got on campus Yankoff/Sirmon would most likely be redshirt juniors, if my math is right. He does already have an offer from Nevada though, so for a freshman to already have a scholarship offer he must be pretty good.

https://247sports.com/Player/Sam-Huard-46048437
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:13 am
  • My #1 want from the 2019 class, 5 star athlete from Mater Dei high school in California, Bru McCoy. This dude is a straight up beast at either wide receiver, safety or outside linebacker. He’ll probably be USC bound as Mater Dei sends a ton of kids there, but he does have a crystal ball pick to Oregon already.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6094872/57 ... 83a47a63a0
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:47 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:My #1 want from the 2019 class, 5 star athlete from Mater Dei high school in California, Bru McCoy. This dude is a straight up beast at either wide receiver, safety or outside linebacker. He’ll probably be USC bound as Mater Dei sends a ton of kids there, but he does have a crystal ball pick to Oregon already.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6094872/57 ... 83a47a63a0

We want, and have already called dibs. Also we picked up 3 of his closest buddies yesterday.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:51 pm
  • Man, Georgia already has 3 5 star commits for the ‘19 class. That would be 10 in 2 years, even if they don’t add anymore in the next 12 months.

I’m pretty sure the Ducks have had 5 in the history of their program: canton kamaulate (who medically retired after one bad season), Thomas Tyner, Aric armstead, De’anthony Thomas and Haloti Ngata.

Then Royce Freeman and Colt Lyerla who were both ranked at 5 stars by 1 service, but consensus 4 stars.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:44 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:Man, Georgia already has 3 5 star commits for the ‘19 class. That would be 10 in 2 years, even if they don’t add anymore in the next 12 months.

I’m pretty sure the Ducks have had 5 in the history of their program: canton kamaulate (who medically retired after one bad season), Thomas Tyner, Aric armstead, De’anthony Thomas and Haloti Ngata.

Then Royce Freeman and Colt Lyerla who were both ranked at 5 stars by 1 service, but consensus 4 stars.

It would be interesting to see what percentage of 5-stars go on to successful NFL careers.
    In the old days the other O-linemen would have just taken Ifedi out back and beat the crap out of him.
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:50 am
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Man, Georgia already has 3 5 star commits for the ‘19 class. That would be 10 in 2 years, even if they don’t add anymore in the next 12 months.

It would be interesting to see what percentage of 5-stars go on to successful NFL careers.

Found this article from 2014.

Still, these numbers are a whole-sample benchmark for retention rate by draft position, so keep them in mind as we start to explore other areas. We've also learned that 52 percent of 5-star players get drafted and that 75 percent of those draftees are retained.

Coming out of high school, a 5-star recruit thus has a 39 percent chance of "sticking" in the league. Three of every five will not.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1938 ... ng-the-nfl

Interesting that those stats are pretty much exactly reflected in Oregon's 5 stars. Haloti Ngata had a Hall of Fame level career, Arik Armstead looks like he's going to have a really nice career, De'Anthony Thomas is basically a special teams/fringe roster type guy, and Tyner and Canton never even made it.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:12 pm
  • That article would be more useful if included data from 4* and 3* players... it's interesting to know that 39% of 5* players stick in the NFL, but what is the % for 4* and 3*? Are 5* players really that special?
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:54 pm
  • A-Dog wrote:That article would be more useful if included data from 4* and 3* players... it's interesting to know that 39% of 5* players stick in the NFL, but what is the % for 4* and 3*? Are 5* players really that special?

39 percent, so 61 percent come from other ratings. I would think the percentage drops down to 25, 20, 10 and then 3 or something like that.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:31 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    A-Dog wrote:That article would be more useful if included data from 4* and 3* players... it's interesting to know that 39% of 5* players stick in the NFL, but what is the % for 4* and 3*? Are 5* players really that special?

39 percent, so 61 percent come from other ratings. I would think the percentage drops down to 25, 20, 10 and then 3 or something like that.

Simple math..
    I'd rather know how many stars did Brady,Rodgers and RW have in their senior years in HS?
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:45 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    A-Dog wrote:That article would be more useful if included data from 4* and 3* players... it's interesting to know that 39% of 5* players stick in the NFL, but what is the % for 4* and 3*? Are 5* players really that special?

Simple math..
    I'd rather know how many stars did Brady,Rodgers and RW have in their senior years in HS?

It's not simple math. We can't assume by how much the percentage drops. That's why I want more data
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:19 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

Simple math..

Rodgers was a mid level 3 star coming out of Juco. 86.7.

https://247sports.com/Player/Aaron-Rodgers-48134

Russell Wilson was a low level 3 star, 81.6. 25th ranked duel threat QB.

https://247sports.com/Player/Russell-Wilson-13737

Brady as far as I can tell was not rated, but that was a long time ago, so who knows.

Current Nfl starting qb's who were ranked as 5 stars: Cam Newton, Jameis Winston, Matthew Stafford, Tyrod Taylor

Guys like Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Carson Palmer and Phillip Rivers were apparently recruits before the internet was available, i cant find their rankings.
    Last edited by JSeahawks on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:06 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

Simple math..

Rodgers was a mid level 3 star coming out of Juco. 86.7.

https://247sports.com/Player/Aaron-Rodgers-48134

Russell Wilson was a low level 3 star, 81.6. 25th ranked duel threat QB.

https://247sports.com/Player/Russell-Wilson-13737

Brady as far as I can tell was not rated, but that was a long time ago, so who knows.

Current Nfl starting qb's who were ranked as 5 stars: Cam Newton, Jameis Winston, Matthew Stafford.

Guys like Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Carson Palmer and Phillip Rivers were apparently recruits before the internet was available, i cant find their rankings.

Hardly, we had the internet, it was they didn't focus as deeply on recruiting statistics as they do now, remember this site by itself has been around since 1998, and before that the internet was on dial up and AOL was where it was at.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:56 pm
  • Tom Brady, He's too old, couldnt find his rankings
    Tyrod Taylor, 5 star, 99.1
    Ryan Tannehill, 3 star, 85.1
    I have no idea who the Jets QB is, so pass.
    Ben Roethlessberger, unranked
    Joe Flacco, 3 star 83.3
    Andy Dalton 3 star, 83.8
    Deshone Kizer, 4 star, 90.7
    Blake Bortles, 3 star, 85.9
    Marcus Mariota, 3 star, 86.3
    Matt Ryan, 3 star, 80.0
    Jameis Winston, 5 star, 99.2
    Andrew Luck, 4 star, 97.8
    Deshaun Watson, 4 star, 97.9
    Alex Smith, 2 star, 76.6
    Derrick Carr 4 star, 89.1
    Phillip Rivers, too old, cant find it.
    Paxton Lynch, 2 star, 78,9
    Carson Wentz, unranked
    Dak Prescott, 3 star, 85.6
    Kirk Cousins, 3 star, 80.6
    Eli Manning, too old, cant find it
    Case Keenum, 2 star, 72.2
    Matthew Stafford, 5 star, 99.7
    Aaron Rodgers 3 star, 86.6 (as a JUCO)
    Mitchell Trubisky, 4 star, 91.6
    Drew Brees, too old, cant find rankings
    Cam Newton, 5 star, 98.5
    Jimmy Garrapolo 2 star, 78.8
    Carson Palmer, too old, cant find
    Jared Goff, 4 star, 91.5
    Russell Wilson, 3 star, 81.6
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:46 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

Simple math..

Statistical analysis does not factor in anomalies. In the end all you are ever going to get out of it is the likelihood that something might happen, not whether it will or not.
    In the old days the other O-linemen would have just taken Ifedi out back and beat the crap out of him.
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:48 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Tom Brady, He's too old, couldnt find his rankings
    Joe Flacco, 3 star 83.3
    Andy Dalton 3 star, 83.8
    Matt Ryan, 3 star, 80.0
    Alex Smith, 2 star, 76.6
    Carson Wentz, unranked
    Cam Newton, 5 star, 98.5
    Jared Goff, 4 star, 91.5

Wow, yer working overtime dude.
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:30 am
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Tom Brady, He's too old, couldnt find his rankings
    Joe Flacco, 3 star 83.3
    Andy Dalton 3 star, 83.8
    Matt Ryan, 3 star, 80.0
    Alex Smith, 2 star, 76.6
    Carson Wentz, unranked
    Cam Newton, 5 star, 98.5
    Jared Goff, 4 star, 91.5

Wow, yer working overtime dude.

Good finds JS..Wow unranked to 3 stars seems to hold a lot of nuggets.
    Watson a 4?I figured 5 on him..
    One name not on list Favre..Was pretty much not ranked believe it or not.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:28 pm
  • Big time QB Grant Gunnell, #2 pro style qb in the class decommited from Texas A&M tonight. Wouldnt be surprised to see him in the pac 12. Maybe following Sumlin from A&M to Arizona. Kid is a stud. 6'6" with great arm talent.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:40 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Tom Brady, He's too old, couldnt find his rankings
    Joe Flacco, 3 star 83.3
    Andy Dalton 3 star, 83.8
    Matt Ryan, 3 star, 80.0
    Alex Smith, 2 star, 76.6
    Carson Wentz, unranked
    Cam Newton, 5 star, 98.5
    Jared Goff, 4 star, 91.5

Ratings systems were different then, but Tom Brady was ranked the equivalent to a 4 star at the time.

He was the #6 rated Pro Style QB on the Lemmings List (yes, that was the major recruiting ranker at the time)... Note, Brock Huard was the #4 Rated Pro Style QB that same year.

Note, at one time he was a higher rated Baseball prospect than he was a football player. :)
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:27 pm
  • Too early for a 2021 recruiting thread? USC just picked up Ma'a Gaoteote. Gaoteote stands 6-foot-1 and 200 pounds as a freshman; in his first varsity season he recorded 56 tackles, three TFL, one interception and two sacks in 10 games. Keep the Poly pipeline alive.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:53 pm
  • Anajimmc wrote:Too early for a 2021 recruiting thread? USC just picked up Ma'a Gaoteote. Gaoteote stands 6-foot-1 and 200 pounds as a freshman; in his first varsity season he recorded 56 tackles, three TFL, one interception and two sacks in 10 games. Keep the Poly pipeline alive.

Did they pay to get him? I know bad joke but it was just too hard to resist.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:58 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:Too early for a 2021 recruiting thread? USC just picked up Ma'a Gaoteote. Gaoteote stands 6-foot-1 and 200 pounds as a freshman; in his first varsity season he recorded 56 tackles, three TFL, one interception and two sacks in 10 games. Keep the Poly pipeline alive.

Did they pay to get him? I know bad joke but it was just too hard to resist.

First they have to pay off his older brother.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:25 pm

Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:48 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Huskies landed a juco olinemen. 6’5”, 286 lb 3 star.

https://247sports.com/player/corey-luciano-46036953

Lucky Luciano's great grandson, a natural born killer.
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:51 pm
  • 247 currently has him ranked as the #2 Juco OT and the #6 Juco player overall.

For some sort of reference, Caleb Tremblay was #11 overall last year.

Another forum lists him as a 4* so definitely not an insignificant pickup.

He's East Bay SF, more specifically Pleasant Hill, Diablo JC. Nice place, I just spent a week there on business.
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:04 pm
  • Huskies get a verbal commit from 3* CB Kamren Fabiculanan.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:08 pm
  • Duck land 4 star d’lineman Kayon Hudson-Ware from powerhouse high school Meter Dei in Santa Ana, California. Hopefully they’ll land 4 or 5 more dudes from that high school this class.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6057039/58 ... 25e88807b3
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:14 am

Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:19 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:Duck land 4 star d’lineman Kayon Hudson-Ware from powerhouse high school Meter Dei in Santa Ana, California. Hopefully they’ll land 4 or 5 more dudes from that high school this class.

No more Monarchs for you, go back to recruiting in Sweet Home.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:30 am

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:29 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:

He’s goIng to be a grad assistant working underneath Coach Heyward, who was his coach at UW.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:05 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    He’s goIng to be a grad assistant working underneath Coach Heyward, who was his coach at UW.

Nothing wrong with getting a little work experience with a lower level program as he tries to build up his coaching resume. :lol:
    drrew
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:01 pm
  • drrew wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

Nothing wrong with getting a little work experience with a lower level program as he tries to build up his coaching resume. :lol:

You mean like that Duck Chris Peterson is doing?
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Huskies get commitment from 4-star defensive tackle Sama Paama. Big time recruit.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw- ... ama-paama/
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:37 am
  • Ducks added a senior transfer from UNLV. Cornerback Tim Hough. Don’t know much about him but he started down there for 3 years, so at the worst he’ll add nice depth. Expect 2 or 3 more senior transfers in the next month or two.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• DomeHawk wrote:http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/college/pac-12/university-of-washington/article208677904.html

Meh. April's class is a bit less important than February's class. Wasn't Oregon class Tops in the PAC last June?
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

• Anajimmc wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/college/pac-12/university-of-washington/article208677904.html

Meh. April's class is a bit less important than February's class. Wasn't Oregon class Tops in the PAC last June?

Point taken, I think the article is more about UDub's re-emergence as nationally relevant than the significance of early recruiting.
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

• DomeHawk wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/college/pac-12/university-of-washington/article208677904.html

Point taken, I think the article is more about UDub's re-emergence as nationally relevant than the significance of early recruiting.

Top notch coach, top notch facility, only drawback is the weather in November. But even then they have a history of pulling kids from warmer climates.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:54 pm
  • Anajimmc wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Duck land 4 star d’lineman Kayon Hudson-Ware from powerhouse high school Meter Dei in Santa Ana, California. Hopefully they’ll land 4 or 5 more dudes from that high school this class.

Sounds like the Ducks are expecting commitments from 2 or 3 more Meter Dei kids in the next couple weeks. Masa Funa and Sean Dollars being the most likely, but maybe Jeremiah Cridell and Michael Martinez as well. Unfortunately Bru McCoy seems to be all usc.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:25 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Duck land 4 star d’lineman Kayon Hudson-Ware from powerhouse high school Meter Dei in Santa Ana, California. Hopefully they’ll land 4 or 5 more dudes from that high school this class.

Sounds like the Ducks are expecting commitments from 2 or 3 more Meter Dei kids in the next couple weeks. Masa Funa and Sean Dollars being the most likely, but maybe Jeremiah Cridell and Michael Martinez as well. Unfortunately Bru McCoy seems to be all usc.

All big names. Would love to have all. Gut says we get McCoy and are in it for Funa, Dollars and Martinez, not likely for Criddell

Word is Martinez is a man child. Size 19 feet, could grow to 290 and be athletic, just very raw.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:37 pm
  • Anajimmc wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:

All big names. Would love to have all. Gut says we get McCoy and are in it for Funa, Dollars and Martinez, not likely for Criddell

Word is Martinez is a man child. Size 19 feet, could grow to 290 and be athletic, just very raw.

Read that Funa tore his ACL last week. Will most likely miss his senior season.

Amazing how much talent they have on that team.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:49 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:No more Monarchs for you, go back to recruiting in Sweet Home.

Read that Funa tore his ACL last week. Will most likely miss his senior season.

Amazing how much talent they have on that team.

Hell that might bode well for SC. Teams that need linebackers right now might cool on him. With SC's LB haul last year they can afford him time to recover.

Look at their roster, top notch talent transfers in from other schools. Might as well call it IMG West.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:22 pm
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:12 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:

Softy seems to be making up his own rankings, he’s a 3 star everywhere else.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Next

It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:04 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information