The 2019 Recruiting thread

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: The 2019 Recruiting thread
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:19 pm
  • Anajimmc wrote:
    JS, what are you hearing about Jonah? Word is he's been spending a lot of time around the Trojans lately. Word here is his issue was Callaway, now that he's gone things are opening up.

Supposedly he’s still telling the Oregon staff all the right things, but there’s still a bit of concern. USC tends to get who they want, especially LA kids. I’m sure there will be nerves all the way until his name is on a LOI. His mom absolutely loves cristobal and the ducks, so we have that advantage.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:54 am
  • Interesting new dynamic on the recruiting front, Kingsbury to be OC at USC. Wonder what impact that'll have for recruiting on the offensive side of the ball?
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:37 am
  • Anajimmc wrote:Interesting new dynamic on the recruiting front, Kingsbury to be OC at USC. Wonder what impact that'll have for recruiting on the offensive side of the ball?

Huge uptake for recruits on the offensive side of the ball. USC needed a splash hire like this to gain some momentum in recruiting after that disappointing year. Bru Mccoy who is a five star WR was starting to lean towards Texas after USC's disappointing season but Kliff is going be at his game Saturday and sit in the stands with his parents during the game. Feeling is this hire locks Bru to USC. Kyle Ford who is anthor 5 star WR had USC third in his recruitment but after this hire, the feeling is he will become a Trojan as well.
    goseahawks2012
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:39 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:
    JS, what are you hearing about Jonah? Word is he's been spending a lot of time around the Trojans lately. Word here is his issue was Callaway, now that he's gone things are opening up.

Supposedly he’s still telling the Oregon staff all the right things, but there’s still a bit of concern. USC tends to get who they want, especially LA kids. I’m sure there will be nerves all the way until his name is on a LOI. His mom absolutely loves cristobal and the ducks, so we have that advantage.

I think Jonah and Funa will both sign with Oregon. Having that last visit is huge and I think they will wrap them up next weekend.
    goseahawks2012
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:09 pm
  • 4 star corner Trent McDuffie from Bellflower, Ca commited to UW. Pretty good player.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:51 pm
  • UW has the #1 class as of right now per 247. If USC can land McCoy, Ford and others I can see them jumping up and taking the #1 spot in the conference, it's USC after all. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dopeboy206
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:46 pm
  • dopeboy206 wrote:UW has the #1 class as of right now per 247. If USC can land McCoy, Ford and others I can see them jumping up and taking the #1 spot in the conference, it's USC after all. lol

After the Mcduffy commitment:

Oregon: 19 commitments, 1st in the pac 12, 7th in the country. Average star rating; 91.48

Washington: 20 commitments, 2nd, 15th, 89.54

USC: 15, 4, 28, 88.83.

I do agree though that by signing day USC has a good chance to be #1 in the conference. But they have a lot of work to do and a head coach that is basically dead man walking.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Footb ... nce=Pac-12
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

The 2019 Recruiting thread
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:37 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    dopeboy206 wrote:UW has the #1 class as of right now per 247. If USC can land McCoy, Ford and others I can see them jumping up and taking the #1 spot in the conference, it's USC after all. lol

After the Mcduffy commitment:

Oregon: 19 commitments, 1st in the pac 12, 7th in the country. Average star rating; 91.48

Washington: 20 commitments, 2nd, 15th, 89.54

USC: 15, 4, 28, 88.83.

I do agree though that by signing day USC has a good chance to be #1 in the conference. But they have a lot of work to do and a head coach that is basically dead man walking.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Footb ... nce=Pac-12

Strange this has Washington ahead. Updated today 12/12/18.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Footb ... mRankings/

dopeboy206
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:04 pm
  • dopeboy206 wrote:

Oh, I gotcha. You’re going by the 247 rankings on their own, I was going by the 247 composite rankings.

Either way, both schools are putting together really strong classes.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:32 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    dopeboy206 wrote:

Oh, I gotcha. You’re going by the 247 rankings on their own, I was going by the 247 composite rankings.

Either way, both schools are putting together really strong classes.

You gotta string together consistent top-15 classes if you want to be in the CFP discussion. Hard for anyone but USC to do.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:54 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:4 star corner Trent McDuffie from Bellflower, Ca commited to UW. Pretty good player.

That's two 4-star CB's in this class. I don't know why any CB in the west wouldn't choose UW with all the early rounders Jimmy Lake has produced.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:17 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:I'm hearing a rash of de-commits coming to Nike U. happening now.

There have already been a couple:

Cridell decommited and is likely going to Oklahoma. This one doesnt really bother me, we're good at his position both now and in the future.
    Casey decommited to stay closer to home and is going to Louisville. This one hurt because its at a position of need, but he can be replaced.

There's probably two more decommitments coming:

Sounds like Masa Funa is going to flip to USC. This one would hurt big time, not gonna lie. But its USC, happens every year.
    Joey Capra is probably decommiting and his brother who is already on the team is likely transferring (I would consider this great news because they'd both just be buried on the depth chart and wasting scholarships.

Decommits always suck, but it just means there's more room to add other guys. I'll just be happy with the 25-28 that we end up with on signing day. The guys we really can't afford to lose are the WR's. Thats the one position where we need immediate help next season and we have a great class coming in.

I'm hoping there are 6 or 7 guys on the bottom of the roster who decide to leave too. Clear up some scholarships from dead wood.

Funa said today that his recruitment is over and he’s locked in with Oregon. That’s big. Sounds more and more like Criddell will be recommitting back to Oregon.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:24 am

Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:44 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:Will 5-star WR Kyle Ford sign with the Huskies? Getting him and 4-star LB Daniel Heimuli would really be a great closing to this class.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw- ... ing-class/

Nobody seems to have a good read on Ford. USC, Oregon and UW all feel pretty optimistic with him. 88% of his predictions on 247 are to USC, but most of those were made a long time ago.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:59 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:Will 5-star WR Kyle Ford sign with the Huskies? Getting him and 4-star LB Daniel Heimuli would really be a great closing to this class.

Nobody seems to have a good read on Ford. USC, Oregon and UW all feel pretty optimistic with him. 88% of his predictions on 247 are to USC, but most of those were made a long time ago.

Not saying we are going to get him but there are some VERY good reasons he comes here.

1. His high school coach played for Coach P and is probably encouraging him in that direction.

2. Unlike just about every Pac program, Coach P isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

3. The Huskies have the best stable of QB's by far of any Pac program, extremely important for a WR who looks to be a high draft pick in the NFL in three years.

4. Like the article says, he fills a very specific need for the Huskies.

5. His other choice, mainly USC, is a risk right now with no identifiable high quality QB and a coach who is on the bubble.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:11 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:Will 5-star WR Kyle Ford sign with the Huskies? Getting him and 4-star LB Daniel Heimuli would really be a great closing to this class.

Not saying we are going to get him but there are some VERY good reasons he comes here.

1. His high school coach played for Coach P and is probably encouraging him in that direction.
    His best and lifelong friend is presently committed to SC

2. Unlike just about every Pac program, Coach P isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
    True, however SC did just hire a new offensive coordinator, kind of a ground floor opportunity especially for a receiver.

3. The Huskies have the best stable of QB's by far of any Pac program, extremely important for a WR who looks to be a high draft pick in the NFL in three years.
    As are stats and profile, SC's passing game is about to explode.

And SC looks to have a need for 5 high profile receivers, need does not have limitations, heck he and Bru with Amon Ra, would be a nightmare for defenses.

5. His other choice, mainly USC, is a risk right now with no identifiable high quality QB and a coach who is on the bubble.
    SC's quarterback started as a true freshman, UW's prospective QB was displaced by a true freshman, so this point is all conjecture.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:32 pm
  • Anajimmc wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

True, however SC did just hire a new offensive coordinator, kind of a ground floor opportunity especially for a receiver.

And SC looks to have a need for 5 high profile receivers, need does not have limitations, heck he and Bru with Amon Ra, would be a nightmare for defenses.

SC's quarterback started as a true freshman, UW's prospective QB was displaced by a true freshman, so this point is all conjecture.

Nice try, Eason was displaced because of injury and was replaced by a Georgia native son. The general consensus is that Jacob Eason is a much better QB than Daniels whose freshman year wasn't even nearly as good as Jake Browning's first year even with a much better cast of 5-star players across the board.

In addition to that player development is much better at UW and even with a brand new asst coaching staff the future at USC is very unstable. The smart move is UDub I think.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:45 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

Nice try, Eason was displaced because of injury and was replaced by a Georgia native son. The general consensus is that Jacob Eason is a much better QB than Daniels whose freshman year wasn't even nearly as good as Jake Browning's first year even with a much better cast of 5-star players across the board.

In addition to that player development is much better at UW and even with a brand new asst coaching staff the future at USC is very unstable. The smart move is UDub I think.

Is it not true that Eason was displaced by a Freshman, If Eason where better he would have gotten his job back. Successful coaches don't consider native son status when selecting their starting Quarterback.

Browning's stats are better, but not significantly. unless there is a significant difference comparing stats for 2 different teams with 2 different schedules is meaningless.

Everything else you've provided is simply argument by assertion.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:59 pm
  • Things will start coming into focus on the 19th
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:04 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

NOT AN ASSERTION OF BELIEF, IT'S A FACT

I'm sorry but these are all facts.

You are confusing the definition of assertion. It can be a statement of belief BUT it can also be a statement of fact.

as·ser·tion
    /əˈsərSH(ə)n/Submit
    noun
    a confident and forceful statement of fact or belief.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:05 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

You are confusing the definition of assertion. It can be a statement of belief BUT it can also be a statement of fact.

as·ser·tion
    /əˈsərSH(ə)n/Submit
    noun

Next you should define "Argument by Assertion" It's a common logical fallacy, Social media would not exist without it. See I just made an argument by assertion.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:34 pm
  • Anajimmc wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

as·ser·tion
    /əˈsərSH(ə)n/Submit
    noun

Next you should define "Argument by Assertion" It's a common logical fallacy, Social media would not exist without it. See I just made an argument by assertion.

Yes, I took Logic in college too but it's been a while. What I made were "simple propositions" that have a "truth value," i.e., either they are true or not. In this case they are true because they are based on facts, not beliefs.

So, no fallacy.

Do I have to write a proof?

Lol.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:26 pm
  • #2 player in the country, Kayvon Thibodeaux, announcing tomorrow between Oregon and Alabama. Florida state and Florida are the other finalists but most think it’s a Ducks-Roll Tide battle.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:59 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:#2 player in the country, Kayvon Thibodeaux, announcing tomorrow between Oregon and Alabama. Florida state and Florida are the other finalists but most think it’s a Ducks-Roll Tide battle.

QUAAAAACK! Thibodeaux is a duck! Now we just need to hold on to him until Wednesday when he can actually sign.

Btw, thanks to the Washington Huskies for the assist. Was on his official during that game this week and said it was the best college football game experience he’s ever had.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:32 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:#2 player in the country, Kayvon Thibodeaux, announcing tomorrow between Oregon and Alabama. Florida state and Florida are the other finalists but most think it’s a Ducks-Roll Tide battle.

QUAAAAACK! Thibodeaux is a duck! Now we just need to hold on to him until Wednesday when he can actually sign.

Btw, thanks to the Washington Huskies for the assist. Was on his official during that game this week and said it was the best college football game experience he’s ever had.

Great athlete at 245, we will see how he does when he puts on weight.

Terrible choice, no player development at Whoregon.

Wonder how much money Sweatshop Phil had to put up?
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:41 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:#2 player in the country, Kayvon Thibodeaux, announcing tomorrow between Oregon and Alabama. Florida state and Florida are the other finalists but most think it’s a Ducks-Roll Tide battle.

Don't forget SC inexplicably not recruiting him.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:43 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

Developed enough to beat UW and their perfect coaches and qb.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:51 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

Developed enough to beat UW and their perfect coaches and qb.

That was pure luck and you know it. Last three years 132 to 54.

Like I said, how much?
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:02 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:UW and their perfect coaches and qb.

Perfect coaches? Our coaches don't play a player that was in concussion protocol the week before AND keeps playing him in a meaningless game until he gets hurt.

Our coaches aren't perfect but they aren't downright reckless either.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:24 pm
  • You two are exhausting

Start a thread in the shack where you can take shots at each others schools. This is about the recruits.

Literally the last warning.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:05 pm
  • Mario is a damn silver tongued devil. Really great get for Oregon.
    drrew
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:53 pm
  • Juco corner elijah blades has flipped his commitment from Oregon to Texas A&M. Gotta love recruiting. Hopefully ducks will add Chris Steele, who decommited from usc, to upgrade.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:25 pm
  • Ducks flip kicker Camden Lewis from Minnesota. 4th ranked kicker in the class. If he can make a field goal he’s an upgrade.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:53 am
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

Do you really believe Leavitt, who many consider a top 10 DC, and coach Joe, who has a long history of developing DL can't develop players?

Justin Hollins and Jelks had zero NFL prospects before these two coaches showed up. Now both will be drafted in April.
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Reason: Off topic or personal attacks in this thread will lead to warnings and bans
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:06 pm
  • Ducks just got a big time 2020 commit. #40 overall, #2 safety, Avantae Williams.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:25 pm
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:47 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:Do you really believe Leavitt, who many consider a top 10 DC, and coach Joe, who has a long history of developing DL can't develop players?

Leavitt is an average defensive coach at best. When Oregon stole him from Colorado, he had the #1 defense in the Pac BUT that was coming after several bad years at Colorado. The only time he has a had a good D is when he has had 4th and 5th year players. Look it up for yourself.

And, Oregon has put very few players in the NFL in recent years and that is with equal or better recruiting classes than UW who continues to put up multiple 1st and 2nd rounders in the NFL.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:44 pm
  • Si, I think it's time.
    drrew
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:14 am
  • Early signing day tomorrow. Ducks expected to get 3 or 4 more commits by tomorrow night (Jeremiah Criddell, Quadrey Mosely, Brandon Dorlus and Chris Steele some of the names to keep an eye on).

Not sure how many UW is expecting but it sounds like tonight will be a good night for the huskies. 4star olb Leiato Latu expected to choose UW over USC. There's also some smoke that UW commit Asa Turner might be making a last minute flip to Notre Dame, so we'll see if there's any fire to that.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:31 am
  • Almost certain that Asa Turner is headed to Notre Dame. Super intriguing athlete, good luck to him.

UW was feeling pretty good about Kyle Ford, but that door now looks completely closed, and he'll end up at USC like everyone believed all along.

However, it now seems certain that Puka Nacua does not sign with USC during the early period and UW thinks they have a reasonable shot at him.

UW recruiting expects to be 95% done when early signing starts, with only a couple spots and a couple targets being considered leading up to signing day in early February.
    drrew
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:38 pm
  • drrew wrote:Almost certain that Asa Turner is headed to Notre Dame. Super intriguing athlete, good luck to him.

UW was feeling pretty good about Kyle Ford, but that door now looks completely closed, and he'll end up at USC like everyone believed all along.

However, it now seems certain that Puka Nacua does not sign with USC during the early period and UW thinks they have a reasonable shot at him.

UW recruiting expects to be 95% done when early signing starts, with only a couple spots and a couple targets being considered leading up to signing day in early February.

Nacua would be a good get if we can't get Ford. Getting Leiato Latu would also be very good as DE's are what we need more than just about anything in this class. With two of the top-8 DT's already in this class it has the potential to be a very good defensive line.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• Interesting article on how UW seniors developed from their recruit status.

Almost all 3-stars, some overachieved, some not, and somehow Jo Jo McIntosh shrunk one inch, lol.

https://www.uwdawgpound.com/2018/12/17/ ... ary-gaines
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:17 pm
  • I found this to be pretty interesting in how different programs use recruiting.

SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:26 am
  • First surprise on a day where there will be many, Briton Allen from IMG has flipped to SC.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:20 am
  • So far this morning the Duck have added Brandon Dorlus, a 3 star strongside defensive end from Florida. And a Juco ILB, Dru Mathis, who has a chance to be a day 1 starter, or at least get plenty of playing time this upcoming season.

In a surprise Jeremiah Cridell chose Oklahoma rather then recommiting to Oregon. He originally was commited as a safety, but decided he wanted to be a cornerback instead. Oregon still wanted him, but were not quite as high on him at corner.

In a less surprising move Ducks target Siaka Ika chose LSU over Oregon. This is a guy the ducks wanted very badly.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:28 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:So far this morning the Duck have added Brandon Dorlus, a 3 star strongside defensive end from Florida. And a Juco ILB, Dru Mathis, who has a chance to be a day 1 starter, or at least get plenty of playing time this upcoming season.

In a surprise Jeremiah Cridell chose Oklahoma rather then recommiting to Oregon. He originally was commited as a safety, but decided he wanted to be a cornerback instead. Oregon still wanted him, but were not quite as high on him at corner.

In a less surprising move Ducks target Siaka Ika chose LSU over Oregon. This is a guy the ducks wanted very badly.

This is a guy anybody in their right mind wanted.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:15 am
  • Cale Millen officially signs with the Ducks. It's funny, in all of the pictures his mom is all decked out in Duck gear, i still havnt seen his dad (Husky honk and homer Hugh Millen) in any duck gear yet, although I have seen him throw up the O for a photo.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:25 am
  • On the Husky front its starting to sound like Asa Turner wont be signing with UW or Notre Dame today. Sound like he's going to push his decision back to February, which is probably the smart thing to do if he's not 100% sure. (of course that could all change in an hour).
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:37 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:On the Husky front its starting to sound like Asa Turner wont be signing with UW or Notre Dame today. Sound like he's going to push his decision back to February, which is probably the smart thing to do if he's not 100% sure. (of course that could all change in an hour).

That's great news for UW since we're in a dead period until 1/10. I'm certain even though nobody is "officially" talking to him, that they're trying to get him up for a couple of the Rose Bowl practices in Pasadena next week.
    drrew
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:32 pm
  • Sounds like Kyle Ford will not be signing til February, which is good for UW and UO. Was worried he'd sign with USC right after visiting there this weekend.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:01 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information