Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Shaquille Griffin's twin brother, Shaquem Griffin

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • In what I'm considering the National Championship game, UCF's Shaq Griffin, twin brother of our very own Shaq Griffin, absolutely dominated. He was the best player on the field that day for either team. His team finished undefeated. He was shunned an invite to the NFL combine at first but finally did get one. I want this guy on our team. What say you all? Having both on the field together would be pretty neat. These guys ball something fierce.

Edit: Thank you, mods, for fixing the title and moving to the appropriate place.
    Last edited by Omahawk on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Omahawk
    NET Veteran

• I think he and his brother on the same NFL team would push each other to new heights and we would be able to let sherms expensive contract go perhaps next year and use that money other places like mcdougald and Coleman solidifying our next great backfield of the future
    If Shaquem makes it in the bigs I could see his jersey being one of the top sellers for years giving us more of a national fan base giving us a better shake with the refs as well, so any help there is good help if ya ask me
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    hawxfreak
    NET Starter

• I think he will likely be available late in the draft or undrafted with his brother in PC/JS ear. From day 1 I see him being at minimum a solid ST contributor.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• It might be cool to have a version of the Selmon brothers here, worked well in Tampa Bay for years.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I remember seeing a video of these two last year doesn't he only have one hand?
    EmbattleTheeHawks
    NET Rookie

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• He just this minute benched 20 reps at 225...
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• KitsapGuy wrote:Image

Kinda looks like PeHawks avatar :lol:
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• 4.38 40 yard dash! Good Lord he is inspirational. I don't know what he will do at the next level but he is killing the combine.
    Bevell's Bubble Busted
    bevellisthedevil
    NET Veteran

• "Happy Birthday Momma" - Shaquem's first words after he ran 4.38 in his first 40 run.....
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• My god! 4.38???

Same as his brother, 30 pounds heavier....

This kid is INSANE. His draft stock is soaring - FAST.
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• The Hawks HAVE to draft this kid! He and Shaq on the same team will bring out the best in both of them. He looks like a tackling monster to boot, would definitely spend our 4th on him if he's still there. If we trade down in the 1st and add a 3rd then I would be more than willing to use the 3rd. He seems so hungry to succeed and has a chip on his shoulder from the doubters, looks like a baller.
    BC-Hawk
    NET Starter

• Starting to want seattle to draft him. Hes a beast who cares about his hand.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• I want him on the team badly now
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

• Last edited by massari on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    massari
    NET Veteran

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• massari
    NET Veteran

• Is it against the rules to wear a mind controlled Bionic Hand?

I'm sure Paul Allen can find some spare change under his couch cushions to get the best one out there for him.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• I want him. At the very least, he's going to be a special teams star.

Last edited by massari on Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• He will get drafted and will play pro ball, what a wonderful story of perseverence and determination.

It is impossible not to root for this young man.

He’d certainly look good in college blue and action green.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Given our needs, I don't see him lasting until we get around to picking a LB. Maybe we'll grab him and add him to the Legion?
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• He's getting drafted on day two, so the only way Seattle's getting him is if they trade out of the first round or trade Earl and/or Bennett for picks.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• This kid is the next Kam.

I said that earlier, we get him and we have someone that can fill in for Kam when needed and can rush the passer if we need that.

He is perfect as a hybrid LB/SS that can rush the passer but also does a great job of tracking the RB or TE - even in space.
    He has tremendously strong hands too. Sure, the lack of one might lead to a few horsecollar penalties when he is running someone down from behind, but I notice even on those he grabs, gets closer and re-established his grip in another area so there is no penalty.

And damn can he hit. Watch the Auburn game, he has a nose for the ball and for the QB. He gets under and around the blockers quickly. But I think he can patrol the middle almost as effectively as anyone else we could find.

I think he overdid it on the 4.38 and that is why he struggled a bit with the DB drills (note his 4.6ish time on the 2nd go round but I think you have comfortably expect consistent 4.45-4.5 speed from him which is SS material) as he was cramping.

Sure he doesn't have a hand but he takes great angles. And on film, he can cover and catch. He is just as fast on film as in the combine. And for a guy to run in at 222 with 4.45-4.5 speed that hits like that? He can be another Hammer in the secondary and fill in as that hybrid cover LB we need.

That said, read his letter to the GMs. If you don't think that attitude will not spill over to other players - you are crazy. Get this kid in crowd of people and watch...I would buy whatever he had to sell.

Everyone loves him as a feel good story, but he would be such an amazing fit on this team especially with the synergy that playing with his brother would bring....it might be worth it to pick him up in a round earlier than he is projected. The downside is less with him.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• SeatownJay wrote:He's getting drafted on day two, so the only way Seattle's getting him is if they trade out of the first round or trade Earl and/or Bennett for picks.

Seahawks have a 4th, three 5th's and three or four 7th rounders. They have the ammo to move into round 3 I think.

Damn, some people think he's going round 2 now. Maybe he'll be the Hawks trade down target from #18.
    Last edited by massari on Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• I think John was going both yes and oh shit, they certainly had him on their radar and now there are 31 other teams that do also. He is a perfect Kam replacement, a few of us seen that months ago and he continues to not only erase questions but solidify that analysis.

He is going to be a 2nd rounder if he keeps this up, or early third, one handed or not he has proven he can play with it, if nothing else a prosthesis to help him wrap of hard rubber or something. He will be able to afford it now.

If other teams see Kam in him or a Troy Polamalu type.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Does the not push him into round 1?
    dutchcoug
    NET Veteran

• So did he do the LB drills and the DB drills same day? Or skip the LB drills?
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• Heck with it grab him with our first not like we are going to actually pick an Oline anyway and with that speed and size he can be the big Nickle pete has wanted.
    randomation
    NET Veteran

• Shaq, Bobby and KJ, damn that would be a crew
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• In a normal year where the hawks 10+ draft picks I would say that the hawks would use a pick on Shaquem no doubt, but so few picks as it stands right now do we have that luxury? With running a 4.38 at the combine, and being small for a LB. with 3 picks in the 5th do PC/JS pull the trigger to Shaquill's twin to take over at SS?
    12forlife
    NET Practice Squad

• We'll have gain earlier picks somewhere.
    He's on everybody's radar now.
    The Breh
    NET Rookie

• He'll be gone before the third round. If you want him you trade down and grab him round two. I wouldn't even be opposed to the tail end of round one as well.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• Great measurables, great tape, great work ethic. What's not to like? Instead of getting cute and wasting the pick on some project or headcase, I'd honestly just draft him at 18 or with our second rounder after the inevitable trade down.
    ducks41468
    NET Rookie

• chris98251 wrote:I think John was going both yes and oh shit, they certainly had him on their radar and now there are 31 other teams that do also. He is a perfect Kam replacement, a few of us seen that months ago and he continues to not only erase questions but solidify that analysis.

He is going to be a 2nd rounder if he keeps this up, or early third, one handed or not he has proven he can play with it, if nothing else a prosthesis to help him wrap of hard rubber or something. He will be able to afford it now.

If other teams see Kam in him or a Troy Polamalu type.

Exactly he is the perfect replacement for Kam. The Shaq's attack would make a Def backfield the whole league would fear, with a healthy ET & hopefully Sherm is back to form to open the season. plus his left being gone it is like a club with some pro coaching imagine all the forced fumble possibilities. I really like the Idea of us grabbing him with our first pick after we trade down of course, he is a special talent, but this team needs to recoup some draft picks with all our holes.
    12forlife
    NET Practice Squad

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• I’m thinking he’s going to be at least a 2nd rounder.
    Him going to the combine and dominating hurt the Hawks chances of stealing the guy with a late round pick.
    Gotta give the kid a ton of credit, he busted his ass, and all of that hard work is going to pay off shortly, I hope it’s here.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I don't see him going in the top 2 rounds - GMs are staking everything on it if he does.

If RW didn't get drafted until 3rd round despite being one of the best players in college simply because he was "too short", I can't see Griffin going before the 3rd either. I suspect he'll probably go in the 4th
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:So did he do the LB drills and the DB drills same day? Or skip the LB drills?

DB drills aren't till today, Monday.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• I'd play him at LB the way Arizona does with Deone Buchanon, what he lacks in size he makes up for in speed and heart. With today's Nfl you need LB's that can cover all three downs.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• He has a 5th round grade right now. Maybe for some teams a 4th.

Because he is going to project in as a high-energy special teamer, situational pass rusher and undersized LB.

But, for our scheme he is a box safety. Perfect fit as a SS that can rush the passer, cover TE, LB and put hits on WR or RB in the middle. And for that, he is worth a 3rd (if we have one, we keep trading draft picks away so who knows anymore).

Because if you want to see how valuable that position is to us, look at how we did when we had Kam in vs when he held out. Look at how we struggled when he was injured. And notice how when our safeties seem to be dealing with injuries, our team has a hard time picking up wins.

This team goes how its secondary goes. We rely on both Kam and Earl, but we have nobody to really spell those guys.

I am not saying that Griffin can play with the ability of a HOF quality safety (whether Kam makes it or not, in his prime Kam is as good as anyone in there) but if he can stop the bleeding or allow Kam to recover a bit, worth it. And his play says he can, especially if you can get another 10lbs on that frame.

And the fact he can be an additional pass rusher that is pretty damned good at shedding blocks to stop the run? He is a tailor fit to this defense. Now, given he is worth a 5th to most teams (likely a 4th to the Patriots since they are one of those teams that would switch him in and out for pass rushing, which they need) - would the Hawks spend the draft capital?

Well you have the risk of the missing hand. Any small advantage can make a difference in the NFL where so many players are just as fast, just as strong, etc. So any disadvantage is going to be magnified and that is a risk. But most other draft picks comes with a risk that once they sign they stop working and start enjoying the paychecks. Does anyone believe that is a risk with someone like this? So I think the risks offset. You know you will have a solid ST, probably additional effective pass rush depth and his play in the Senior Bowl showed he can play in space as a safety.

That probably means this team would have to be willing to spend a 4th to get him, but he is really worth a 3rd to us - because filling the hole when Kam cannot play or giving him a few snaps to recover is so pivotal. Usually you would want a 3rd or even 4th to be a starter but when depth in that area is so important in getting wins? I think you have to consider it.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• Ive knew shaqueem was good. Ive watched some of his highlights and game tape. Guy is a beast he is making plays all over the place. Hes like a safety and a linebacker prototype. Putting him at weak side linebacker with the LOB would be awesome.

I want seattle to either get him or derwin james if possible.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• Looking at his tape he has Leo written all over him. He weaves through linemen like cones...
    Own The West
    NET Rookie

• Own The West wrote:Looking at his tape he has Leo written all over him. He weaves through linemen like cones...

He's in the mode of the old school "Hero Back" or "Rover", plus he can rush the edge so he basically can play any place on the D with the exception of interior linemen and I wouldn't even put that past him.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• KitsapGuy wrote:

Well if Amy Dash pronounces it than it is a done deal. How can you argue with her?
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• If @Shaquemgriffin doesn’t get drafted in the first two days the system is broken. Productive and performed well at the combine. Played well against high level competition.

— Richard Sherman (@RSherman_25) March 4, 2018

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/sh ... 4opsp0cpih
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• Shaquille Griffin Combine: 40 time 4.38 seconds

Analysis

Strengths Has good size and strength. Has a disruptive punch and feet to impede in press coverage. Loose and athletic in his movement. Able to flip hips and match receivers without giving up much early separation in his transition.

Allowed just 32.9 percent of throws his way to be completed. Possesses plus ball skills. Uses well-timed leaps and strong hands to challenge at the catch point. Is a rake it or take it cornerback with 34 passes defensed over the last two seasons, including six interceptions.

Runs through targets looking to jar the catch loose. Aggressive in run support. Looks to play through receivers on the way to the ball. Can wrap up or chop down running backs.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/ ... id=2558259

We should draft Shaquem #90 0verall. Same place as his brother :2thumbs:

Funny enough, guess who has that pick?

26 (90). Atlanta Falcons
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Next

It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:05 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]