Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Add this to the dirty laundry at UW

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Add this to the dirty laundry at UW
Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:52 am
  • https://www.si.com/college-football/201 ... ster-money

In addition to recent Fultz news... which could be plausibly denied as Agent driven... heres Nate rob, throwing the university squarely under the bus!!! LOL. And this is AFTER dirty Neweasel was fired!

They were paying kids 100k during the Willingham years imagine how much they paid them under Sark.... I'd like to think Peterson is above it,,,,but a tiger doesn't change it's stripes
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Re: Add this to the dirty laundry at UW
Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:12 am
  • Comparing Peterson to Willingham or Sark is comical.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:29 am
  • As a Husky, I'm ashamed that a prominent alum butchers the English language to that degree. :les:
    Osprey
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:45 am
  • You all act surprised about this stuff, it has been going on for decades all over, just now people are speaking about it and getting caught doing so and turning on their programs.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:04 am
  • I just like that he wouldn’t play for those crappy husky teams even for $100,000.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:56 pm
  • Can a team vacate 0 wins?
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:52 pm
  • Nate was not nearly high profile enough to have been offered $100k a year. He was a low 3* recruit who had a promising FR year, but still only started six games.

To believe someone with that profile was offered $100k doesn't pass the smell test unless we think top players/recruits today are getting close to seven figures.

Would not be surprised if Robinson was offered $$$, but it wasn't $100k.
    drrew
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:58 pm
  • drrew wrote:Nate was not nearly high profile enough to have been offered $100k a year. He was a low 3* recruit who had a promising FR year, but still only started six games.

To believe someone with that profile was offered $100k doesn't pass the smell test unless we think top players/recruits today are getting close to seven figures.

The whole idea that this is a story is just ridiculous AND what some over zealous "booster" might, or might not, have done has nothing to do w/the university.
    In the old days the other O-linemen would have just taken Ifedi out back and beat the crap out of him.
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

Oh, and BTW....
Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:55 pm
  • I heard a WSU booster offered $100,000 to UW players to lay down so the Coug-its could finally win an Apple Cup. :0190l:
    In the old days the other O-linemen would have just taken Ifedi out back and beat the crap out of him.
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

Re: Oh, and BTW....
Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:11 am
  • DomeHawk wrote:I heard a WSU booster offered $100,000 to UW players to lay down so the Coug-its could finally win an Apple Cup. :0190l:

Ha Ha..
    Yeah you could say that..
    That was what..10 years ago? :lol:
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:14 am
  • drrew wrote:Nate was not nearly high profile enough to have been offered $100k a year. He was a low 3* recruit who had a promising FR year, but still only started six games.

This. He has always been an attention whore, this smells like a last ditch effort to keep himself relevant.
    hawkman
    NET Rookie

Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:31 am
  • hawkman wrote:
    drrew wrote:Nate was not nearly high profile enough to have been offered $100k a year. He was a low 3* recruit who had a promising FR year, but still only started six games.

This. He has always been an attention whore, this smells like a last ditch effort to keep himself relevant.

No idea whether this is true or not but I was talking to a UW alum who thinks he’s coming out with this now because he’s pissed at the university for retiring Isaiah thomas’ basketball number, which was also Nate’s number.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:23 am
  • Add this to the Tosh Lupoi cash in the starbucks cup story. And the recent fultz news, then of course billy joe camaro.... I think we need another death penalty!!! :)
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:27 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    hawkman wrote:
    drrew wrote:Nate was not nearly high profile enough to have been offered $100k a year. He was a low 3* recruit who had a promising FR year, but still only started six games.

No idea whether this is true or not but I was talking to a UW alum who thinks he’s coming out with this now because he’s pissed at the university for retiring Isaiah thomas’ basketball number, which was also Nate’s number.

I heard that as well. Wouldn’t surprise me a bit. Not that I think some UW boosters would never try something like this, but nothing to this story really adds up.
    hawkman
    NET Rookie

Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:22 am
  • sdog1981 wrote:Can a team vacate 0 wins?

Winning
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:41 pm
  • In other Husky cheating news this article brings up questions about the Terrance Ross recruitment, although it’s pointed more at Nike then at the university.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/maryland.2 ... 669108/Amp
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:06 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:In other Husky cheating news this article brings up questions about the Terrance Ross recruitment, although it’s pointed more at Nike then at the university.

That article had EVERYTHING to do w/Nike and NOTHING to do w/UDub.

And, trying to get Lorenzo Romar's name attached to illegal payments is just ridiculous if not downright pathetic, the dude is a choir boy.
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:39 am
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:In other Husky cheating news this article brings up questions about the Terrance Ross recruitment, although it’s pointed more at Nike then at the university.

And, trying to get Lorenzo Romar's name attached to illegal payments is just ridiculous if not downright pathetic, the dude is a choir boy.

My guess is that the number of head coaches attached to illegal payments will be really small, assistant coaches a little more, and boosters (from just about every Power 5 university) off the charts.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:25 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:In other Husky cheating news this article brings up questions about the Terrance Ross recruitment, although it’s pointed more at Nike then at the university.

My guess is that the number of head coaches attached to illegal payments will be really small, assistant coaches a little more, and boosters (from just about every Power 5 university) off the charts.

Granted, but you are insinuating that is by design, i.e., to insulate the HC's from the activity. I don't think I am being naive when I say that I don't think Romar would tolerate that for a moment even from a far distance. Some other HC's? Maybe, probably.

Romar was fired because he had become more of a mentor for future NBA'ers than a program builder, but his integrity is unassailable.
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:49 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information