Add this to the dirty laundry at UW

gowazzu02

Reaction score
https://www.si.com/college-football/201 ... ster-money

In addition to recent Fultz news... which could be plausibly denied as Agent driven... heres Nate rob, throwing the university squarely under the bus!!! LOL. And this is AFTER dirty Neweasel was fired!

They were paying kids 100k during the Willingham years imagine how much they paid them under Sark.... I'd like to think Peterson is above it,,,,but a tiger doesn't change it's stripes

Osprey

Reaction score
As a Husky, I'm ashamed that a prominent alum butchers the English language to that degree. :les:

chris98251

Reaction score
You all act surprised about this stuff, it has been going on for decades all over, just now people are speaking about it and getting caught doing so and turning on their programs.

drrew

Reaction score
Nate was not nearly high profile enough to have been offered $100k a year. He was a low 3* recruit who had a promising FR year, but still only started six games.

To believe someone with that profile was offered $100k doesn't pass the smell test unless we think top players/recruits today are getting close to seven figures.

Would not be surprised if Robinson was offered $$$, but it wasn't $100k.

D

DomeHawk

drrew":3mg87hm5 said:
Nate was not nearly high profile enough to have been offered $100k a year. He was a low 3* recruit who had a promising FR year, but still only started six games.

To believe someone with that profile was offered $100k doesn't pass the smell test unless we think top players/recruits today are getting close to seven figures.

The whole idea that this is a story is just ridiculous AND what some over zealous "booster" might, or might not, have done has nothing to do w/the university.

D

DomeHawk

I heard a WSU booster offered $100,000 to UW players to lay down so the Coug-its could finally win an Apple Cup. :0190l:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1l54sebw said:
I heard a WSU booster offered $100,000 to UW players to lay down so the Coug-its could finally win an Apple Cup. :0190l:
Ha Ha..
Yeah you could say that..
That was what..10 years ago? :lol:

hawkman

Reaction score
drrew":17930jp8 said:

This. He has always been an attention whore, this smells like a last ditch effort to keep himself relevant.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawkman":1lwbvinh said:
drrew":1lwbvinh said:

This. He has always been an attention whore, this smells like a last ditch effort to keep himself relevant.

No idea whether this is true or not but I was talking to a UW alum who thinks he’s coming out with this now because he’s pissed at the university for retiring Isaiah thomas’ basketball number, which was also Nate’s number.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Add this to the Tosh Lupoi cash in the starbucks cup story. And the recent fultz news, then of course billy joe camaro.... I think we need another death penalty!!! :)

hawkman

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3kgax4zt said:
hawkman":3kgax4zt said:
drrew":3kgax4zt said:

No idea whether this is true or not but I was talking to a UW alum who thinks he’s coming out with this now because he’s pissed at the university for retiring Isaiah thomas’ basketball number, which was also Nate’s number.

I heard that as well. Wouldn’t surprise me a bit. Not that I think some UW boosters would never try something like this, but nothing to this story really adds up.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":230dpg9e said:
In other Husky cheating news this article brings up questions about the Terrance Ross recruitment, although it’s pointed more at Nike then at the university.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/maryland.2 ... 669108/Amp

That article had EVERYTHING to do w/Nike and NOTHING to do w/UDub.

And, trying to get Lorenzo Romar's name attached to illegal payments is just ridiculous if not downright pathetic, the dude is a choir boy.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2lu637yq said:
JSeahawks":2lu637yq said:
In other Husky cheating news this article brings up questions about the Terrance Ross recruitment, although it’s pointed more at Nike then at the university.

And, trying to get Lorenzo Romar's name attached to illegal payments is just ridiculous if not downright pathetic, the dude is a choir boy.

My guess is that the number of head coaches attached to illegal payments will be really small, assistant coaches a little more, and boosters (from just about every Power 5 university) off the charts.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":6sfbg9jg said:
DomeHawk":6sfbg9jg said:
JSeahawks":6sfbg9jg said:

My guess is that the number of head coaches attached to illegal payments will be really small, assistant coaches a little more, and boosters (from just about every Power 5 university) off the charts.

Granted, but you are insinuating that is by design, i.e., to insulate the HC's from the activity. I don't think I am being naive when I say that I don't think Romar would tolerate that for a moment even from a far distance. Some other HC's? Maybe, probably.

Romar was fired because he had become more of a mentor for future NBA'ers than a program builder, but his integrity is unassailable.