Kalen Ballage RB ASU

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm starting to really like this guy. Good runner, looks fairly fast, nice cuts, decent after contact, can play wildcat, block, throw, and catch or anything else you want to have him try. Oh, and he returns kicks!

6'1" 227# Hands: 9.25" Arms: 32.75"

40 yard dash: 4.46 Broad Jump 10' 2" His other stats are meh: 33.5" vertical, 4.35 20 yard shuttle. But still, he's a good running back that's projected for rounds 5 or 6, which is perfect for us.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/ ... id=2559995

Kalen Ballage || "Underrated" || Career Arizona State Highlights

[youtube]54xVcK8dAJU[/youtube]

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
"Ballage made national headlines in 2016 by tying the FBS record by using his power and speed to score eight touchdowns in one game (seven rushing -- most from the Wildcat formation in the red zone -- and one receiving) in a September match-up against Texas Tech. "

cheese22

Reaction score
I'm a Duck fan but I'd take Ballage over Freeman. Ballgage actually runs with the ball the way most people think Freeman does. I always had the feeling that Freeman was protecting himself from contact and didn't fight for extra yards. He went down too easy.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Didn’t someone post about him having a fumbling issue?

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Wow, he seems like a good fit. These are the RBs I really like. Big, fast, physical. I see a little bit of Latavius Murray in him. Don't get my wrong, I'm excited to see what Carson looks like this off-season, but this team needs RBs. Ballage is, IMO, what this team is coveting. Sure, they want a reliable Prosise (or a Prosise type), but Pete has made it abundantly clear he wants his team to get back to smash mouth running. To me, I see that as wanting an alpha RB.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
cheese22":mqii6woq said:
I'm a Duck fan but I'd take Ballage over Freeman. Ballgage actually runs with the ball the way most people think Freeman does. I always had the feeling that Freeman was protecting himself from contact and didn't fight for extra yards. He went down too easy.

"Heh, he said ball guage." (a little Beavis and Butthead imitation)

I think we're looking for someone that is going in the late 4th round and beyond, kind of like Chris Carson. As opposed to spending early on a running back. IMHO, early picks should go to defense first, especially linebacker and DT/DE.