SS Derwin James

hawknation2018

Reaction score
There were a lot of people mocking Derwin James to the Seahawks before the combine. I doubt he lasts to No. 18.

6'2, 215 lbs, 33'' arms, 4.48s 40, and 21 reps on the bench. Strong form tackler and breaks on the ball well. He might actually be an upgrade in coverage over Kam.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_Steve/status/960685375915266048[/tweet]

12forlife

Reaction score
I agree he probably isn't there @ 18, but doesn't matter, cause neither will we. With such little draft capital, and all the glaring holes we are developing PC/JS will trade down at least once. I'm on the bandwagon don't trade down to far, and take Shaquem Griffin in the 2nd and groom him to take over for Kam.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
He's a good prospect but Seattle will almost undoubtable go Offense with there first pick and I think it will be a RB like Nick Chubb or Ronald Jones .

12forlife

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3s32j02q said:
He's a good prospect but Seattle will almost undoubtable go Offense with there first pick and I think it will be a RB like Nick Chubb or Ronald Jones .

I don't disagree with you on Nick Chubb, I think PC/JS are ready to get back to what worked for the Hawks when we had Lynch. Smash mouth running balanced offense, with a stout top 5 Def. A Carson/Chubb backfield would be a handful for teams.

chris98251

Reaction score
We did not go first round for a QB, we have not went first round or traded up for a #1 WR, the highest back we have drafted is Prosise in the third round. We will not pick a back in the 1st round, I doubt we look at one unless we get a 4th and a 3rd rounder until the 5th or farther back, the success with Rawls and then Carson speaks to their confidence in finding RB's without breaking the bank on long contracts that are high end for a position that is as much bust as boom.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
James is going in the back ha;lf of the top 10.

Maybe he falls to 15 or so but I don't think there's any way he makes it to the Hawks. If Chancellor retired he'd be a great fit though.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1k0sbrs0 said:
Derwin James is my player this year, the one I want on the Seahawks.

Of course the player I want pretty much never makes it to the Seahawks. What really kills me is that MY player is usually there, and I'm thinking "ooh, oooh, it's gonna happen" -- I get all psyched, then the Seahawks TRADE DOWN and the frakking Saints take my player.

Happened last year with Ryan Ramczyk...

The year before with Michael Thomas, and that one really hurt... because they traded down, and Thomas was still there, and they still passed on him. Then I thought... maybe he'll slip down... but nope, Saints grabbed him and Seahawks got Reed.

Apparently, Micky Loomis likes the players I like, but JS and PC don't. =P

Watch, this year Derwin James will inexplicably slip late into the draft, the Seahawks will pass on him, and the Saints will snatch him up with like the 26th pick.... I'll probably put my head through a wall. :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

If they trade down they will be passing on someone good regardless this is why I don't want then to. This is the year you take a potential star at 18 and draft for depth in the later rounds. Unless someone will give you a second round pick for the 18th and only moving down a few spots. Even then I don't know if it's worth it someone really good is going to be there i'd hate to see another Fletcher Cox scenario.

naholmes

Reaction score
James probably won’t be available at 18 but if he is, they better not trade down.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
chris98251":27vxtuza said:
We did not go first round for a QB, we have not went first round or traded up for a #1 WR, the highest back we have drafted is Prosise in the third round. We will not pick a back in the 1st round, I doubt we look at one unless we get a 4th and a 3rd rounder until the 5th or farther back, the success with Rawls and then Carson speaks to their confidence in finding RB's without breaking the bank on long contracts that are high end for a position that is as much bust as boom.

You're forgetting Christine Michael, 2nd rd pick. That was with Beastmode on the roster at the time.

Personally I think RB in the 1st rd is VERY much an option. The hawks biggest failure was the running game and there's not many coaches who value the run game more. IMO, if it's not a OG with their first pick to help the run game, it'll be a RB.

I'll add the Hawks under P&J have only drafted in the first rd in 5 of 9 pick opportunities and in two of those years without a first rd pick, their first selection was RB and WR.

chris98251

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":3759qfmq said:
chris98251":3759qfmq said:

You're forgetting Christine Michael, 2nd rd pick. That was with Beastmode on the roster at the time.

Personally I think RB in the 1st rd is VERY much an option. The hawks biggest failure was the running game and there's not many coaches who value the run game more. IMO, if it's not a OG with their first pick to help the run game, it'll be a RB.

I'll add the Hawks under P&J have only drafted in the first rd in 5 of 9 pick opportunities and in two of those years without a first rd pick, their first selection was RB and WR.

That supports the argument even more, proof is Spencer Ware and Alex Collins can be added as well to the later pick argument. It has not been the RB it has been the offense and the Line.

But we will see.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
This kid is a solid custom made fit for us. If he is there when we pick we should take him instead of trading back for question marks. Unfortunately our GM can't look like a genius if he makes the pick every one else says he should make so even if James falls to 18 we will undoubtedly do something else.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3qc2ybm7 said:
Derwin James is my player this year, the one I want on the Seahawks.

Of course the player I want pretty much never makes it to the Seahawks. What really kills me is that MY player is usually there, and I'm thinking "ooh, oooh, it's gonna happen" -- I get all psyched, then the Seahawks TRADE DOWN and the frakking Saints take my player.

Happened last year with Ryan Ramczyk...

The year before with Michael Thomas, and that one really hurt... because they traded down, and Thomas was still there, and they still passed on him. Then I thought... maybe he'll slip down... but nope, Saints grabbed him and Seahawks got Reed.

Apparently, Micky Loomis likes the players I like, but JS and PC don't. =P

Watch, this year Derwin James will inexplicably slip late into the draft, the Seahawks will pass on him, and the Saints will snatch him up with like the 26th pick.... I'll probably put my head through a wall. :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

This is funny because it’s true. Happened to me in 2011 with Cameron Jordan. He was one of my favorite players in that draft. Thought he was destined to be a Hawk, and the freaking Saints came marching in.