What if the Hawks don't get trade offer for #18?

bbsplitter

Reaction score
This has been on my mind a lot lately. There has been a lot of commentary on the fact that there aren't that many LEGIT first round grade-worthy players in this draft, and that most of them might be gone well before pick #18. Unfortunately I think this is bad for the Seahawks in two ways. First, a lot of other teams past pick 15-ish will probably be looking to trade down to acquire more picks in the "value range" of this draft (33-70's). And secondly, most likely there won't be many players (if any at all) left on teams board worth trading up for.

If this scenario does play out, who would you guys select if you HAD to stay at pick #18? Would you consider trading our pick for a lower value than we would usually get for it? The trade value chart might go to crap if everyone is trying to trade back.

cheese22

Reaction score
Wynn, Hernandez, Price or Daniels.
If none of them are available I'd look at Taven Bryan or Da'Ron Payne.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Depending on who's available, of course, I'd take them in this order at 18 CURRENTLY. I'll list only realistic candidates.

Tremaine Edmunds
Derwin James
Marcus Davenport
Roquan Smith
Vita Vea
Isaiah Wynn
Nick Chubb
Ronald Jones
Sony Michel
Courtland Sutton

I'll probably workshop this a bit as I get a better feel for the class.

12forlife

Reaction score
If we are stuck picking @ 18 It has to be a day 1 impact starter. Hopefully one of these guys are available, With 5 QB's probably going early these are my favorite targets

Derwin James
Isaiah Wynn
Marcus Davenport
Da'Ron Payne

If rumors are true that Sherman is traded//released
Josh Jackson
Isaiah Oliver

both fit the mold @ 6'1" 205lbs

gowazzu02

Reaction score
12forlife":242ob4n7 said:
If we are stuck picking @ 18 It has to be a day 1 impact starter. Hopefully one of these guys are available, With 5 QB's probably going early these are my favorite targets

Derwin James
Isaiah Wynn
Marcus Davenport
Da'Ron Payne

Josh Jackson
Isaiah Oliver

I agree with this...

But in no world do I see us not trading. there is always a dance partner. The fact that there are 4 potential first day qbs is going to make this the craziest trade draft weve seen in a while.

12forlife

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3sspzw58 said:
12forlife":3sspzw58 said:

Derwin James
Isaiah Wynn
Marcus Davenport
Da'Ron Payne

Josh Jackson
Isaiah Oliver

I agree with this...

But in no world do I see us not trading. there is always a dance partner. The fact that there are 4 potential first day qbs is going to make this the craziest trade draft weve seen in a while.

I sure hope for the first time in a long time we are able to trade down, I just worry that @ 18 all the QB's worth moving up for are gone especially with Zona picking right in front of us. IMO a big reason we are in the position we're in is due to PC/JS getting to cute in drafts the past 3-4 yrs, and not restocking the self with solid/elite talent at our original late 1st rd pick. I have faith though with Cable out of their ears, and not taking worthless picks on Oline projects.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Why pick a potential starter when you can trade way back and get depth at your practice squad....

Kinger95

Reaction score
Doesn’t matter who’s available at 18 cuz we trading back . Hopefully we can get a pick in 35-45 range and not have to move all the way out of the 1st

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Kinger95":3h7p67i5 said:
Doesn’t matter who’s available at 18 cuz we trading back . Hopefully we can get a pick in 35-45 range and not have to move all the way out of the 1st

I disagree entirely it does matter who's there at 18. That will dictate alot in terms of a trade down if they trade down.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3ltxuqyo said:
Why pick a potential starter when you can trade way back and get depth at your practice squad....

I agree if there's a legit prospect at 18 you take him unless you can get a really good trade offer. Just getting a late second after trading down to 30 doesn't do anything for me at all.

Kinger95

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1mh5ngh3 said:
Kinger95":1mh5ngh3 said:

I disagree entirely it does matter who's there at 18. That will dictate alot in terms of a trade down if they trade down.

Ya in that respect having someone at 18 that another team covets is huge and probably the key to getting my a good deal in a trade down where u pick up an extra pick without slipping too far down.

I was more implying that looking at mocks and when the draft comes around saying oh I hope this specific prospect falls to us... more often than not even if he does make it to our pick often we don’t end up picking there and he’s gone before we select again more of the emotional let down than anything lol. Plus watch the draft for 4 hours then making no picks and trading completely out was kind of anticlimactic for all the people watching haha