Washington State picked up a QB senior transfer

dutchcoug

Reaction score
JSeahawks":23u26zic said:
Dude was the starter at East Carolina. Dont know anything about him. Numbers look pretty average. He was all set to transfer to Alabama, then switched his decision to Washington State.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... r-alabama/

We needed to get an older guy with starting NCAA experience at some point. We have a 4 star RS Fr and a 4 star true Fr but not exactly a Fromm or Eason situation (but you never know). It's nothing too exciting but at least more competition in the fall.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2rqo3yw9 said:
Watch him throw for a zillion yards in Leach's system though...

Seriously, that system is just so perfect for the sub-par talent the Coug's get. It's fun to watch the Cougs be kinda good year in and year out...

They are never going to be able to be a serious contender in this modern era, but Leach has them dialed for 6 to 8 wins per year, which really isn't bad at all... and every once in awhile they can jump up and bite a blue chip team when that team has an off night (like USC last year).

I think Leach is the most perfect WSU coach ever... he matches that program in a way that's sorta freaky...he's basically a hybrid of Jim Sweeny and Dennis Erickson.

(I know most of you have no memory of Sweeny, but his press conferences were pretty funny back in the day)

Never going to be a serious contender??? He's had them in the position that if he won the Apple Cup he would go to the Pac 12 Championship the last two years. Granted they ran into the best two husky teams since 91 and got rolled. But I call that serious contention.

And can bite a blue chip when they have a bad night? 3 wins in a row vs Oregon (should be 4 if obvious DPI gets called) , 2 wins in a row vs Stanford, 2 wins in a row vs UCLA, 2 out of 3 vs USC.........

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":iqd0521s said:
Watch him throw for a zillion yards in Leach's system though...

Seriously, that system is just so perfect for the sub-par talent the Coug's get. It's fun to watch the Cougs be kinda good year in and year out...

They are never going to be able to be a serious contender in this modern era, but Leach has them dialed for 6 to 8 wins per year, which really isn't bad at all... and every once in awhile they can jump up and bite a blue chip team when that team has an off night (like USC last year).

I think Leach is the most perfect WSU coach ever... he matches that program in a way that's sorta freaky...he's basically a hybrid of Jim Sweeny and Dennis Erickson.

(I know most of you have no memory of Sweeny, but his press conferences were pretty funny back in the day)

It is such a tease though. You start to believe, hey maybe they are really good. Then play a team like UW, with ridiculously more talent and have good coaching to boot then get completely embarrassed.