naholmes

Reaction score
These are the reported wonderlic scores for the top QB prospects:
  • Josh Allen: 37
    Josh Rosen: 29
    Sam Darnold: 28
    Baker Mayfield: 25
    Lamar Jackson: 13
Looks like it will put a significant dent in Jackson’s stock but I don’t know that it’s all that important. Donovan McNabb scored at 14 after all and he had a great career.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/wo ... hj3l4j9gtb

HawkGA

Reaction score
Josh Allen is intriguing. Kiper keeps putting him as the first QB taken but I have a hard time believing that will happen. But that's a head and shoulders score above the others. I thought the only thing he really had going for him was the cannon arm.

drrew

Reaction score
Anything 25 and over is perfectly reasonable.

There are a few quarterbacks who scored significantly lower (Marino, McNabb, McNair) that scored significantly worse and still had great careers, but they're more anomaly than anything.

Lamar Jackson with an agent is probably better prepared for this test.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
HawkGA":3na3zibc said:
Josh Allen is intriguing. Kiper keeps putting him as the first QB taken but I have a hard time believing that will happen. But that's a head and shoulders score above the others. I thought the only thing he really had going for him was the cannon arm.

The ducks played wyoming this year so I watched him. He was horrible. Couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn.

HawkGA

Reaction score
drrew":2tdtgsl4 said:

He doesn't have an agent? That's . . . . probably not a good decision.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":2fh3mnzc said:
drrew":2fh3mnzc said:

Why spend 10% of your salary for an agent that will have no say in how much you earn for the next 4-5 years anyway?

pcbball12

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":ks17u241 said:
HawkGA":ks17u241 said:
drrew":ks17u241 said:

Why spend 10% of your salary for an agent that will have no say in how much you earn for the next 4-5 years anyway?
In the NFL an agent can’t get more than 3% of a players salary. Plus, pre draft you aren’t paying your agent to negotiate your contract necessarily. You’re paying them to create your buzz, line up all of your meetings, other endorsements, etc. These agents deal with pre draft every year and know how to game it. Not to hire one pre draft is a pretty big miatake

HawkGA

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1xa1p0h2 said:
HawkGA":1xa1p0h2 said:
drrew":1xa1p0h2 said:

I think it makes sense for an established player. Might even make sense for a guaranteed #1. I think Lamar Jackson could use some help just because of the tweener nature.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1twuzapj said:
HawkGA":1twuzapj said:

The ducks played wyoming this year so I watched him. He was horrible. Couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn.

He was brutal against Iowa too.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Sam Darnold and Russell Wilson both had the same Wonderlic score.

Colin Kaepernick scored a 38 but never looked like the brightest bulb in the pack. Matt Flynn also had a 38. So it's settled. Wonderlic=greatness.

The questions themselves are very simple. The test is how quickly they can read/process simple information, while using time-saving MC techniques, to get through as many of the 50 questions in 12 minutes.

http://wonderlictestsample.com/50-quest ... rlic-test/