What position do we pick at 18

chris98251

Reaction score
Not what you and I may want but what you all think John and Pete will do if we kept the pick and not trade it.

I do think they will; trade it, they don't like paying out big dollars to unproven players, the lower they drop in the 1st or top of the second the happier they will be. There are a lot of talented players, but few with a unique freakish level that would fall to us anyway.

Saying all that I think they will go with a D End / OLB Hybrid type again, much like Bruce Irvin.

toffee

Reaction score
One would draft the best available at the time, instead of drafting needs, draft the best football player with the highest upside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

naholmes

Reaction score
I think that Mingo plays the Irvin role and they have done pretty well with reclamation projects on the defensive side. I doubt they pick at 18 but if they do then I think it would be a player on the defensive line where they wouldn’t find a comparable player in round 2. I could see them going for Davenport or Landry after losing Bennett and probably Avril because this draft is pretty light on pass rushers. I could also see them going after Vita Vea depending on if they can see him playing passing downs and if they are going to get anything out of McDowell.

Atradees

Reaction score
Running back. The FO veiws it as a missing peice and they havent done anything to shore up the position. I think they feel set on Dline, Oline, receiver......

original poster

Reaction score
If they had to stick at 18, I'd say defensive line is the only likely selection.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Stay at 18 take the BPA, trade Earl for a high second and take a RB there, or they can trade down from 18 to 33 that's a straight swap passing on a blue chip prospect for basically the first pick in the 3rd round pick 64 with Cleveland. I really hope that doesn't happen if it does and they can get Jones or Guice it's a descent trade. I still wouldn't do it there's to many potential great players to pass on at 18.