7 Round Mock Draft, With Trades

original poster

Reaction score
I just knocked up a 7 round mock draft. Let’s start with the trades.

Cleveland has a need at left tackle and has the ammunition to jump up in front of the Patriots to select their guy.

CzM2kr5

Earl Thomas is traded to the Bucs. Seattle don’t get the 1st and 3rd that they’re asking however do get similar value overall.

NCztPcq

Seattle also trades up into the 3rd round with the Chiefs.

I6qjMQV

That leaves Seattle with the following draft board –

2/1
2/6
2/32
3/14
4/2
4/20
5/9
5/31
7/8
7/30

The picks –

2/1 – Derrius Guice, RB

Pete has been clear about fixing the run game and selecting Guice at the top of round 2 would be a sure fire way to accomplish that. Guice is often compared to Marshawn Lynch due to his running style and attitude. There are some that are against Guice however Seattle knows how to deal with these types of guys. Plus, he is only 20 years old, there is a high probability he matures pretty quickly once into an NFL building.

2/6 – Rasheem Green, EDGE

I wouldn’t expect a 10 sack rookie season out of Green in year 1, however he has all the tools, tangibles and body to excel at the defensive end position with proper NFL coaching, it’s just waiting to be unlocked. Green has a very high ceiling and would add much needed depth to the Seahawks defensive line.

2/32 – Hayden Hurst, TE

Hurst is genuinely a first round talent. The only thing holding him back? His age. He will turn 25 before the regular season starts so he’s much older than many prospects. It’s fair to assume Hurst will be a ‘what you see is what you get’ type player, he isn’t expected to develop at the next level but that isn’t a bad thing. He’s 6ft 5” & 250 pounds and will be a valuable asset in the passing game for Russell Wilson. We have our blocking tight end in Ed Dickson, now we have our receiving option as well.

3/14 – Shaquem Griffin, LB

This pick should come as no surprise. Griffin will likely be a 3rd down linebacker and probably the best special teams player on the roster. The energy this guy will bring to the locker room is really, really exciting.

4/2 – Luke Falk, QB

Seattle finally drafts a quarterback! This will be the first QB taken since 2012 and will provide valuable backup insurance for Russell Wilson. Falk won’t have to travel far as he was the QB for the Cougars. He’s more a ‘pro-typical’ QB in terms of size at 6ft 4” and 225 pounds and with a year or two to develop, could be a fantastic trade prospect for Seattle.

4/20 – Tarvarus McFadden, CB

McFadden has the size that ties in with Pete’s ideal size for a corner. He has 32 ½ arms, a 78” wingspan and is 6ft 2 tall. He has a genuine chance to become a starter in the NFL and there is no better training facility to set him up for that than the Seahawks. He excels in press coverage and loves to intercept the ball, something that has been somewhat lacking in recent years with Seahawks CB’s. He could very possibly be a day 1 starter and provide fantastic value.

5/9 – Mark Walton, RB

Walton would add valuable depth to the running back group. He would likely start quite a way down the depth chart but could climb quickly. He never fumbles the ball and is a natural pass catching so can be used in all facets of the game. In any other draft, Walton would likely be a 3rd round choice.

5/31 – Dimitri Flowers, FB

You know what makes the run game better? The best fullback in the draft. Flowers is worthy of a 5th round selection for what he can bring to the run game. He is tough and reliable, something we keep hearing from the Seahawks front office. He is a very capable blocker and will be an absolute godsend at the goal line. Seattle had a huge problem with goal-line offense, Flowers solves that problem by keeping the ball on the ground.

7/8 – Michael Badgley, K

Badgley is incredibly accurate from under 50 yards, making 24 of 26 from 40-49 yards. His accuracy beyond 50 yards is somewhat concerning, however.

7/30 – Levi Wallace, CB

Wallace has arms of 32 ¾ and a wingspan of 77 3/8. He will likely be a backup for Seattle however does have some upside. This selection is all about competition at the cornerback spot and if nothing else, he will push the guys above him to perform better. 

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
There's a problem I've seen consistently over the past week in the newest mock drafts . Guice and Jones are gone in the first round. To many teams need RB's this year and this is the RB draft.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3h1rbiql said:
There's a problem I've seen consistently over the past week in the newest mock drafts . Guice and Jones are gone in the first round. To many teams need RB's this year and this is the RB draft.

I think 1 out of Jones or Guice will fall into the second, if not both of them.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
original poster":2br0716h said:
Northwest Seahawk":2br0716h said:

That's not what i'm seeing not in the newest mock drafts. Trading with Cleveland out of the first to the top of the second just isn't a good trade for Seattle imo. The player they want may well be gone at that point and for what trading 18 for the 33 and 64 the 64 is basically the top of the third round that's a dumb trade and the same crap they have been doing the last few years with poor results.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
I heard Griffin is being invited to Dallas for the draft. That means it is likely he'll go 1st or 2nd.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3gfogprx said:
original poster":3gfogprx said:
Northwest Seahawk":3gfogprx said:

That's not what i'm seeing not in the newest mock drafts. Trading with Cleveland out of the first to the top of the second just isn't a good trade for Seattle imo. The player they want may well be gone at that point and for what trading 18 for the 33 and 64 the 64 is basically the top of the third round that's a dumb trade and the same crap they have been doing the last few years with poor results.

I'd say its a fantastic trade for the Seahawks. It's a true win/win.

Cleveland get their left tackle and STILL pick in the 2nd round, Seahawks get some much needed ammo in the top 100.

In this years draft, the difference between picking at 18 and 33 is minimal at best, the bulk of the value is from picks 30-100. You will very likely get exactly the same graded player with the added bonus of a lower salary, getting another 2nd and very likely another 4th, you can very likely use that 4th as ammo to move back into the third.

'dumb' :roll:

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
Anajimmc":2e6ofhv2 said:
I heard Griffin is being invited to Dallas for the draft. That means it is likely he'll go 1st or 2nd.

He is one of 22 attendees at the moment.

I still don't buy the 1st or 2nd round for a second. Under 5% chance IMO.

If he did end up going in the second, it would be the very last selection I'd say.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
original poster":3opezmz3 said:
Anajimmc":3opezmz3 said:

If he did end up going in the second, it would be the very last selection I'd say.
This kid is a player I'd love to see in Seattle. He screams Kam replacement / Hybrid line backer. His skill set allows the D coordinator flexibility. His motor is non stop and he's always around the ball. I can see someone going early on him, but I hope he's around for the Hawks.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
Anajimmc":2barivhl said:
original poster":2barivhl said:
Anajimmc":2barivhl said:

This kid is a player I'd love to see in Seattle. He screams Kam replacement / Hybrid line backer. His skill set allows the D coordinator flexibility. His motor is non stop and he's always around the ball. I can see someone going early on him, but I hope he's around for the Hawks.

I hope the Hawks draft him, too.

I see him as a 3rd down linebacker in the right situations, though.

No way he'd be an every down guy in the NFL.

chris98251

Reaction score
original poster":3mqzmuup said:
Anajimmc":3mqzmuup said:
original poster":3mqzmuup said:
Anajimmc":3mqzmuup said:

Why not ?

Pina Colonics

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2kbbni9s said:
original poster":2kbbni9s said:
Northwest Seahawk":2kbbni9s said:

Seattle out of 18 to top of 2nd round---get 2 twos'. Or a two and a 3 or two 2's.

The first pick in the 2nd round is the pick to have.

All night for teams to go get their guy, seattle then back out of that pick!!! and gets another 2nd or 3rd to move back

Then have 3 2's and a 3rd.

If Seattle get the first pick in 2nd round....????

Trade back and stockpile.

Grab Griffin and RB

Griffin brothers use ESP to communicate like they have since Pee Wee.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
chris98251":74wdcpfd said:
original poster":74wdcpfd said:
Anajimmc":74wdcpfd said:
original poster":74wdcpfd said:

Why not ?

You know why.

You can't deny that he will make any team better, he absolutely will. His effort, determination and grit are like nothing I've ever seen, the positive vibes this guy gives off are simply off the chains, but this is the NFL. He will absolutely excel on special teams, though.

He will be used situationally. Against some teams he could get a lot more snaps, against others, not so much.

With all the hype surrounding him people are almost scared to criticise him. I know I am, I feel uncomfortable even typing this which is odd.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
original poster":g0nyofum said:
chris98251":g0nyofum said:
original poster":g0nyofum said:
Anajimmc":g0nyofum said:

Why not ?

You know why.

You can't deny that he will make any team better, he absolutely will. His effort, determination and grit are like nothing I've ever seen, the positive vibes this guy gives off are simply off the chains, but this is the NFL. He will absolutely excel on special teams, though.

He will be used situationally. Against some teams he could get a lot more snaps, against others, not so much.

With all the hype surrounding him people are almost scared to criticise him. I know I am, I feel uncomfortable even typing this which is odd.

I don't know if I'd consider that criticism, just recognition of a reality. Fortunately it's a reality that he's embraced and never let become an excuse. Something he's overcome and excelled. I've seen numerous plays where I say Damn, then realized who it was that made the play and was even more impressed.

Many said JPP would never come back, and he had a pretty good year last year. there is nothing that i've seen that would lead me to believe that Shaquem will hit the wall at the next level.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
Of course, I'd love to be wrong and I'd be well on board with drafting him, 100%.

chris98251

Reaction score
So if he strapped on a fake hand he would be fine then, how many players are taped up and really have a club instead of a hand anyway, your able to wrap up with out grasping so that's not an issue either. The one thing I would say he may have a limitation on is block shedding since that's sometimes a jam shove and toss move. But as a Safety there is a lot less of that and he can catch without the hand.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
I can imagine he will also get run over a lot at the next level. Plus he is far from complete in pass coverage.

kf3339

Reaction score
original poster":18xi64d8 said:
I just knocked up a 7 round mock draft. Let’s start with the trades.

Cleveland has a need at left tackle and has the ammunition to jump up in front of the Patriots to select their guy.

CzM2kr5

Earl Thomas is traded to the Bucs. Seattle don’t get the 1st and 3rd that they’re asking however do get similar value overall.

NCztPcq

Seattle also trades up into the 3rd round with the Chiefs.

I6qjMQV

That leaves Seattle with the following draft board –

2/1
2/6
2/32
3/14
4/2
4/20
5/9
5/31
7/8
7/30

The picks –

2/1 – Derrius Guice, RB

Pete has been clear about fixing the run game and selecting Guice at the top of round 2 would be a sure fire way to accomplish that. Guice is often compared to Marshawn Lynch due to his running style and attitude. There are some that are against Guice however Seattle knows how to deal with these types of guys. Plus, he is only 20 years old, there is a high probability he matures pretty quickly once into an NFL building.

2/6 – Rasheem Green, EDGE

I wouldn’t expect a 10 sack rookie season out of Green in year 1, however he has all the tools, tangibles and body to excel at the defensive end position with proper NFL coaching, it’s just waiting to be unlocked. Green has a very high ceiling and would add much needed depth to the Seahawks defensive line.

2/32 – Hayden Hurst, TE

Hurst is genuinely a first round talent. The only thing holding him back? His age. He will turn 25 before the regular season starts so he’s much older than many prospects. It’s fair to assume Hurst will be a ‘what you see is what you get’ type player, he isn’t expected to develop at the next level but that isn’t a bad thing. He’s 6ft 5” & 250 pounds and will be a valuable asset in the passing game for Russell Wilson. We have our blocking tight end in Ed Dickson, now we have our receiving option as well.

3/14 – Shaquem Griffin, LB

This pick should come as no surprise. Griffin will likely be a 3rd down linebacker and probably the best special teams player on the roster. The energy this guy will bring to the locker room is really, really exciting.

4/2 – Luke Falk, QB

Seattle finally drafts a quarterback! This will be the first QB taken since 2012 and will provide valuable backup insurance for Russell Wilson. Falk won’t have to travel far as he was the QB for the Cougars. He’s more a ‘pro-typical’ QB in terms of size at 6ft 4” and 225 pounds and with a year or two to develop, could be a fantastic trade prospect for Seattle.

4/20 – Tarvarus McFadden, CB

McFadden has the size that ties in with Pete’s ideal size for a corner. He has 32 ½ arms, a 78” wingspan and is 6ft 2 tall. He has a genuine chance to become a starter in the NFL and there is no better training facility to set him up for that than the Seahawks. He excels in press coverage and loves to intercept the ball, something that has been somewhat lacking in recent years with Seahawks CB’s. He could very possibly be a day 1 starter and provide fantastic value.

5/9 – Mark Walton, RB

Walton would add valuable depth to the running back group. He would likely start quite a way down the depth chart but could climb quickly. He never fumbles the ball and is a natural pass catching so can be used in all facets of the game. In any other draft, Walton would likely be a 3rd round choice.

5/31 – Dimitri Flowers, FB

You know what makes the run game better? The best fullback in the draft. Flowers is worthy of a 5th round selection for what he can bring to the run game. He is tough and reliable, something we keep hearing from the Seahawks front office. He is a very capable blocker and will be an absolute godsend at the goal line. Seattle had a huge problem with goal-line offense, Flowers solves that problem by keeping the ball on the ground.

7/8 – Michael Badgley, K

Badgley is incredibly accurate from under 50 yards, making 24 of 26 from 40-49 yards. His accuracy beyond 50 yards is somewhat concerning, however.

7/30 – Levi Wallace, CB

Wallace has arms of 32 ¾ and a wingspan of 77 3/8. He will likely be a backup for Seattle however does have some upside. This selection is all about competition at the cornerback spot and if nothing else, he will push the guys above him to perform better. 

It's interesting that you didn't take a single OL in your draft selections. Also I just don't think the ET will get that little in draft capital for this year. Something tells me we still get a lower 1st round pick for him, even if the other picks are lower than expected. I still think the first pick will be a guard and have become more smitten with Hernandez the more people talk about him.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
Yeah the way the draft fell it just didn’t work out for drafting a lineman in this instance. Hernandez and Wynn were both gone.

I’d love to be wrong on Earl, not long to find out!

kf3339

Reaction score
That's true. Two more weeks and it's on! I'm personally more excited about this draft than the last few for the Hawks. Maybe it's because so much is at stake and they can't really afford to screw this up again.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
Yeah I'm very much looking forward to it, all the unknowns make it intriguing if a little frustrating!