Sorry Husky fans

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
1 million per year in marketing on top of that.

Blows the previous Nike deal out of the water and makes Oregon's look small.

Hope the jerseys look good but that is some deal.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I’d require at least a billion to wear adidas. I’d heard they were trying to get on with Jordan brand.

chris98251

Reaction score
Why are you even in the conversation, Uncle Phil basically uses Oregon as his display case and funds that whole program.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
You say this as if the last 10 years of Nike uniforms looked good.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Nike is trash, except for the Jordan brand. Chris Petersen has shown to have good taste. Not worried.

:lol:

[youtube]lNmeIiRyap4[/youtube]

drrew

Reaction score
Dua Lipa wears Adidas, that's good enough for me.

I couldn't care less who they signed with, but word is that the Adidas contract is just under 50% more than what Nike offered, which makes it a no brainer.

D

DomeHawk

chris98251":2sazkajk said:
Why are you even in the conversation, Uncle Phil basically uses Oregon as his display case and funds that whole program.

:ditto: Good riddance POS Nike! Good riddance POS Phil Knight!

nanomoz

Reaction score
Hopefully, Adidas pays some mind to letting UW develop a brand and identity.

Lots of people find Oregon's constantly shifting unis fun, I find them purposeless other than as a statement of wealth. For me, they work in opposition to developing a sense of brand or tradition on the field. Just my opinion. Put down the gun, J.

What a great deal for the Huskies, financially. Great work, administrators.

getnasty

Reaction score
If you polled 100 high school football player 94 would rather wear Nike then anything else. Not sure if will keep someone from going to UW but maybe.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
getnasty":1j90hp8h said:
If you polled 100 high school football player 94 would rather wear Nike then anything else. Not sure if will keep someone from going to UW but maybe.

That's changing. Nike continues to lose market share among young people. First it was from Under Amour and now it's Adidas.

Adidas doubled their U.S. market share last year, while Nike continued to decline.

Kanye West has the Adidas Yeezys. For running shoes, they have Boost. James Harden and Damian Lillard (Dame 3) each have their signature shoes with Adidas.

Unless you're talking about old school Jordans (and to a lesser extent Kobe and Lebron's), the rest of Nike's offerings aren't exciting a lot young people. Kobe and Lebron's designs are trash, too.

Nike continues to miss opportunities. Their uniform designs have been weak, as has their well-publicized alliance with a college football program on the steep decline (Oregon).

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Looks like we might be getting rid of the tan and going back to actual gold...

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Who cares what the uniforms look like. Adidas is forking over boat loads of cash to uw. Good for them. the new AD is showing to be a fantastic hire.....I begrudgingly say....

D

DomeHawk

fenderbender123":1gq5pr5e said:
Looks like we might be getting rid of the tan and going back to actual gold...

Also getting rid of the almost-lavender!

Bring back blurple!

fenderbender123

Reaction score
getnasty":3l2rmb9u said:

No serious college football player is going to care that much about brand. It's a very tiny preference in the grand scheme of things.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
fenderbender123":19wvae86 said:
getnasty":19wvae86 said:

No serious college football player is going to care that much about brand. It's a very tiny preference in the grand scheme of things.

I think you'd be surprised. I'm sure its much more prevalent in basketball recruiting then football recruiting, but i'm sure it exists to some extent in football too. Especially with Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, etc, etc all starting to sponsor high school 7 on 7 teams, which is becoming the football version of AAU basketball. I've heard many stories of basketball recruits not even taking calls from coaches if they dont have the proper brand.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":2qlrw6mt said:
fenderbender123":2qlrw6mt said:
getnasty":2qlrw6mt said:

I think you'd be surprised. I'm sure its much more prevalent in basketball recruiting then football recruiting, but i'm sure it exists to some extent in football too. Especially with Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, etc, etc all starting to sponsor high school 7 on 7 teams, which is becoming the football version of AAU basketball. I've heard many stories of basketball recruits not even taking calls from coaches if they dont have the proper brand.

You are confusing "brand" with money. Nike and other "brands" are being investigated for illicit contributions.