Carlton Davis, CB

endzorn

Reaction score
Am I the only one who would be thrilled if Seattle took this kid? If we trade back into the early or mid second round and make him our first pick I would be jacked. He’s a prototypical Seahawks corner with attitude and physicality to spare. Draft podcasts hardly mention him and I don’t know many fans who know much about him. Pair him with Griffin and we might have a devastating corner duo for a few years.

Davis will need to play press coverage in the pros or he’ll likely bust, but our scheme seems to be the perfect marriage for his skills. I want Davis bullying NFC West receivers.

kobebryant

Reaction score
My favorite player in the draft. Love everything about his game except for his hands for the interception.

I haven’t had the guts to predict him as the Hawks pick because it would have to be significantly higher than they’ve drafted a cb before. Though I think he’s good enough to justify taking right at 18. But, there are other interesting long cbs in this draft who can be had later, and that’s gotta be part of the thinking.

getnasty

Reaction score
If I had my way I'd want the Hawks to draft a corner with their first pick, I know we've had success finding them later in the draft but I love the idea of finding someone that can start day one opposite Shaq. Davis certainly fits that mold, I like Jackson and Oliver too.

original poster

Reaction score
He's got the height, weight and arm length of a Seahawks corner.

If you didn't like Ifedi and MB's penalties, though, you won't like Davis.

Isaiah Oliver, Isaac Yiadom and Holton Hill are other names to keep a serious eye on.

kobebryant

Reaction score
original poster":2ez5vpt8 said:
He's got the height, weight and arm length of a Seahawks corner.

If you didn't like Ifedi and MB's penalties, though, you won't like Davis.

Isaiah Oliver, Isaac Yiadom and Holton Hill are other names to keep a serious eye on.

What if I didn't like Ifedi and Bennett's penalties because they were mental (moving too soon), but I could live with Browner and Sherm's because they came from being a physical bad ass? That's more of the comparison I see with Davis' penchant for getting flagged.

naholmes

Reaction score
Carlton Davis has the traits that are perfect for Pete’s system but not sure it will happen because it looks like he will be drafted too high. I don’t see them going with a CB until pick 120 or later because of more urgent needs.