How's Cleveland going to screw this up?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
With the number 1 pick in the 2018 NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select........

how are they going to screw up 1 and 4?

IMO. Josh Allen has bust city written all over him. Like I have said before, if your not accurate in College you wont be accurate in the pros. He has Jake Locker written all over him.

With the number 4 pick in the 2018 draft the Cleveland Browns Select.......

Who knows how this will go, but assuming Allen at 1. I'd say they reach for a OT, cause it feels like you should pick an LT here to replace Thomas... the available LTs aren't really worth the 4 in this draft.

Do you Cleveland! Im actually rooting for them to come out of it though.

Osprey

Reaction score
The ultimate Couging-it would be to draft Allen at #1 and Mayfield at #4.

I've actually heard an argument for this on sports talk given the 50% bust rate of 1st round QBs.

toffee

Reaction score
For decades, the poor Browns found ways to mess up. They are all on their way this time too by not surrendering their picks for all pro, pro bowl, hof Earl Thomas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HawkGA

Reaction score
Drafting Mayfield #1, when they could have gotten him at #4 and then missing out on Barkley at #4.

naholmes

Reaction score
Missing out on Saquon would really annoy the fan base because they could have a pretty nice team with Tyrod and Saquon in the mix.

getnasty

Reaction score
Just draft Barkley at 1 and whatever QB falls to you at 4 or Bradley Chubb.

HawkGA

Reaction score
getnasty":1ztcyphv said:
Just draft Barkley at 1 and whatever QB falls to you at 4 or Bradley Chubb.

Are you saying this would be a screw up or what they should do?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
They need to do it like this:

1. Pick your QB at #1.
2. Put a MASSIVE for sale sign on pick #4, obtain more draft capital for it.
3. Draft best defenders on the board with remaining firsts, and BPA day 2.

Anything else is silly.

Tinymac2

Reaction score
They should trade 1 to the bills for 12, 22, and the bills 1st next year. That leaves them with 4,12,22,33,64 plus a few later picks.

original poster

Reaction score
HawkGA":1zsk9icm said:
Drafting Mayfield #1, when they could have gotten him at #4 and then missing out on Barkley at #4.

I personally think if Mayfield doesn't go #1 he will go #3 to the Jets.

replicant

Reaction score
original poster":21ul4qfj said:
HawkGA":21ul4qfj said:

Sounds like Joe Namath would like him to go to the Jets.

Namath said he watched Mayfield plenty in college and was especially impressed with the Oklahoma quarterback's play in a College Football Playoff loss to Georgia.

"Hey, it wasn't just Georgia, it was a couple of years, early on, when I saw him play," said Namath, tracing his affinity for Mayfield. "I saw him a couple of years back. I never saw him look bad. I don't know how tall he is. I still don't know big he is. Size can be a major asset, yes, size can be an asset in today's game. But Drew Brees, his size was questioned many times and he's one of the greatest players who's ever played."

Namath sees the positive traits many scouts love about Mayfield -- accuracy and quick release -- and noted he was glad his Alabama Crimson Tide didn't have to face the Oklahoma QB in the college championship game.

"When I see his quick feet and I see him throwing every which way, I see the accuracy, I see the intensity, his hustle," Namath said. "Hey, I tell you, I wouldn't want to play against him. I didn't want Alabama to play against him."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... b-in-draft

brimsalabim

Reaction score
So Rosen doesn’t want to play there. Allen is not accurate enough. Mayfield is Johnnie Football 2.0. I’d say they screw up picking any of these guys. They should get Barkley then Chubb.

penihawk

Reaction score
With passing on Wentz & Watson the last 2 drafts the pressure to get the QB right is on. After that with their draft capital the possibilities are endless. I’m rooting for them to get it right with a large group of overrated QB’s to choose from imo. :2thumbs:

HawkGA

Reaction score
original poster":1wceu8t1 said:
HawkGA":1wceu8t1 said:

I think you're right. I can't keep pace with the bouncing around of rankings on the QBs. But even if it isn't Mayfield, I think they are just as likely to get a decent QB at #4 as they are at #1. It's largely a crapshoot anyway.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Baker Mayfield? LMAO. Good job, Browns.

I will laugh hard if the Giants screw them further by taking Barkley.