Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Rosen’s fading, what if he’s available at 18?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Josh Rosen’s star is fading of late, what if he slides all the way to 18th? Remember Aaron Rogers and how he was drafted by Packers?

It would so ideal for us? Sit and learn from Russ then take over in 2 years? Sure would achieve Pete’s wish of putting pressure on Rush, and good trade value even if we keep Russ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:Josh Rosen’s star is fading of late, what if he slides all the way to 18th? Remember Aaron Rogers and how he was drafted by Packers?

It would so ideal for us? Sit and learn from Russ then take over in 2 years? Sure would achieve Pete’s wish of putting pressure on Rush, and good trade value even if we keep Russ.

NOPE, NADA, NO FREAKING WAY!
    In the old days the other O-linemen would have just taken Ifedi out back and beat the crap out of him.
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

• No, no, noooooooooooooooooooooooooo.Image
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• What is he going to learn from RW?He can't bail,spin,run and sandlot.
    Two different players.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• If AZ doesn't trade up to grab a QB there is no way he falls past them if they stay put
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/forward.com/culture/398513/is-the-nfls-anti-semitism-hurting-josh-rosens-draft-stock/%3Fgamp

These guys are predicting Rosen at 15th. And he is still fading so 18th is possible.

From your article, it sounds like he wants to be a SJW just as much as he wants to play football. What could go wrong?
    replicant
    NET Rookie

• replicant wrote:
    toffee wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/forward.com/culture/398513/is-the-nfls-anti-semitism-hurting-josh-rosens-draft-stock/%3Fgamp

These guys are predicting Rosen at 15th. And he is still fading so 18th is possible.

From your article, it sounds like he wants to be a SJW just as much as he wants to play football. What could go wrong?

He could be a more talented Kaepernick with Aaron Roger-ish upside.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• I'd trade down with a qb needy team looking to jump up to get him.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

• If he slides to 18, I doubt another team will call our bluff and trade up for him with us. You might have to take him, get the leverage, and then trade him if the plan is to trade back.

Detroit at 20 just before Cincy anf Buff is the spot to be if he slides.
    Tinymac2
    NET Rookie

• I've watched him since he was in high school and have seen him play in person a couple times. I don't think he's that good. Erratic accuracy, injury prone, and he's been perceived as an entitled jerk for a long time. In HS, he posted his own highlight reel on youtube. The only problem was he included multiple plays where his receivers dropped balls. That's a douche move. I heard that's why Stanford never offered him a scholarship.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• His Dad was in the running to be the Surgeon general when Obama was in office. Learned that today.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• Tinymac2 wrote:If he slides to 18, I doubt another team will call our bluff and trade up for him with us. You might have to take him, get the leverage, and then trade him if the plan is to trade back.

Detroit at 20 just before Cincy anf Buff is the spot to be if he slides.

I tend to agree. That said, quarterbacks don't last. There are at least 5 teams picking after the Seahawks that will be taking a hard look at Rosen should he fall, and everyone in the NFL knows the Hawks will trade down. If a team really wants Rosen will they be willing to wait until pick 20 to see if he lasts, knowing that someone will likely be jumping up to 18? Or to 19 with the Cowboys who I'm sure woudn't be opposed to a move down for more picks. It's a risk that I don't think Rosen believers will want to take.

Of course, i don't think this scenario ever plays out anyways. Rosen isn't getting out of the top 10.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

• 2_0_6 wrote:His Dad was in the running to be the Surgeon general when Obama was in office. Learned that today.

Being a rich kid or from a privileged background was one strike against Rosen. The other strike was being a liberal and vocal about it. His stock’s sinking fast as teams view him as a Kaepernick in the making.

He is unsellable to local audiences for teams in red states.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:His Dad was in the running to be the Surgeon general when Obama was in office. Learned that today.

Being a rich kid or from a privileged background was one strike against Rosen. The other strike was being a liberal and vocal about it. His stock’s sinking fast as teams view him as a Kaepernick in the making.

I was in San Diego last week and listened to some sports radio, and lots of people down there think he might slide to 17 where the Chargers would take him./
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• 2_0_6 wrote:
    toffee wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:His Dad was in the running to be the Surgeon general when Obama was in office. Learned that today.

I was in San Diego last week and listened to some sports radio, and lots of people down there think he might slide to 17 where the Chargers would take him./

It would be ideal for Chargers and Rosen, I think it would work equally well for us if we can pick him up at 18. We will see a hungrier Russ, instantly.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:
    toffee wrote:

It would be ideal for Chargers and Rosen, I think it would work equally well for us if we can pick him up at 18. We will see a hungrier Russ, instantly.

Russ already works his ass off to be the best QB he can be. I don't think his "hunger" level needs adjusting, nor do I think bringing in Josh Rosen would change anything in regards to his "hunger" level. Despite the false narrative around here that Russ has gotten lazy and complacent and distracted and whatever other BS people come up with, I believe Russ is still highly motivated and is still one of the best QBs in the NFL and works as hard as anyone to remain one of the best.

I'm still waiting for someone to show me a single shred of actual evidence, not someones opinion, but actual evidence, that Russ needs to get "hungrier" or whatever.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Sure, draft him, develop, and trade to a New York, California, or South Florida team. (*MOD EDIT TO REMOVE POLITICAL REFERENCES*) So he thinks a lot of himself? What successful QB doesn’t. My only hesitation might be that this office hasn’t faired well when it comes to trades.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• We need to try to bring in guys that can help the team this year, not use our only pick before the middle of the 4th round to draft a guy we are hoping becomes the QB of the future in a few years or we can trade for a pick or 2 in a few years.

In our current situation, this is a terrible idea.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• If this was one of the last four drafts I’d agree with you but this time around we have many holes to fill. Maybe we could draft him and trade him to a team that needs a QB? And I don’t understand why you blanked out the word liberal from my post above? His attitude about politics is clearly referenced in the linked article and it’s no secret that the markets I named are dominated by liberal leaning politics. According to the article that is important to Rosen.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• Chapow wrote:
    toffee wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:
    toffee wrote:

Russ already works his ass off to be the best QB he can be. I don't think his "hunger" level needs adjusting, nor do I think bringing in Josh Rosen would change anything in regards to his "hunger" level. Despite the false narrative around here that Russ has gotten lazy and complacent and distracted and whatever other BS people come up with, I believe Russ is still highly motivated and is still one of the best QBs in the NFL and works as hard as anyone to remain one of the best.

I'm still waiting for someone to show me a single shred of actual evidence, not someones opinion, but actual evidence, that Russ needs to get "hungrier" or whatever

Last seasons 3 quarters of not scoring much and quick 3 and outs isn't enough to say he needs to get back
    to being how he once was?He used to be all in to football before he decided to be more out there with goals
    of making bank to buy a team in future and such.
    That takes away from his time of being the best QB he could be in my opinion.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Nothing to do with politics. I just don't think he's that reliable.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• hes not even legit back up material let alone a future starter. we have much bigger needs than Kappernick Jr.
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

• I would not be a fan of picking him, at all... but he is my #1 quarterback out of the first round prospects this year.
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• So the two New York teams passed on Rosen, he’s in free fall right now.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• Does Miami dump Tannyhill for Rosen? If not to Miami then maybe He goes to AZ
    replicant
    NET Rookie

• He didn't progress in college, at all.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• Hope Arizona takes him.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• He has a very punchable face, reminds me of Glennon.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:He has a very punchable face, reminds me of Glennon.

Arizona with another erratic, injury prone QB? The more things change, the more they stay the same.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• You don't want Rosen on your team. Trust me
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2018 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:He has a very punchable face, reminds me of Glennon.

Arizona with another erratic, injury prone QB? The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Yeah, I was thinking that AZ would be wary of another fragile QB.
    "We have an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls."
    -Russell Wilson
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:24 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information