Cable strikes again.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Who noticed all of the "high upside" players the Raiders drafted in the first three rounds? I chuckled when the talking heads mentioned that this lineman or that lineman was "not polished" and was a "freak athlete".

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
New offensive line coach Tom Cable was reportedly pounding the table for Miller, per Vic Tafur of The Athletic, and that's a problem. During his time as the builder of Seattle's offensive line from 2011 through 2017, he made several disastrous personnel decisions with the full support of head coach Pete Carroll and general manager John Schneider. Cable's combination of wavering talent in evaluation and iffy coaching led to Seattle's offensive line declining to perhaps the worst unit in the league.

So, as Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie said, per Tafur, that Cable played a big part in the Miller pick on Thursday night, that should raise several red flags. Cable was able to double down on Friday when the Raiders took North Carolina A&T tackle Brandon Parker with the first pick in the third round. Parker, a massive blocker, stood out at the Senior Bowl when asked to play right tackle, but his tape—even against subpar competition—shows a player who's inconsistent in his pass set and needs a lot of technique work.

So, after McKenzie brought in left tackle Donald Penn and center Rodney Hudson through free agency, and guard Gabe Jackson through the draft, as dominant players, the new ideology seems to be to overdraft based on potential and hope the coaching staff can work it all out. Based on Cable's history, the Raiders may have a long wait before that happens—if that happens at all.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2773 ... ders-doing

Fade

Reaction score
The Raiders are getting Cable'd!!!!! I'm so glad he is gone.

I was laughing when they took another OLineman in the 3rd.

Cable will play the -> they are young & raw card, that will allow him to keep his job for at least 2 seasons before he is fired.

OP
OP
sdog1981

sdog1981

Reaction score
Fade":11d26msj said:

Cable will play the -> they are young & raw card, that will allow him to keep his job for at least 2 seasons before he is fired.

I don’t remember if Gruden fired coaches. It will be interesting to see how long of a rope Cable will have in Oakland.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
sdog1981":3rj647rz said:
Fade":3rj647rz said:

I don’t remember if Gruden fired coaches. It will be interesting to see how long of a rope Cable will have in Oakland.

Long enough to hang himself and maybe Carr as well.

OP
OP
sdog1981

sdog1981

Reaction score
Grudens quick passing offenses can cover up warts on the line

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I can't stop laughing....seriously. How does this clown have the job he has?

OP
OP
sdog1981

sdog1981

Reaction score
WmHBonney":1o3jz6mq said:

I wish I could be that bad at my job and still have a job.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":1qlulcp2 said:
WmHBonney":1qlulcp2 said:

I wish I could be that bad at my job and still have a job.

I could be just as bad as Cable at his job. Maybe I should have it, and his salary! :2thumbs:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":2ywagfr8 said:
Fade":2ywagfr8 said:

Gruden if he is the same guy as years ago,hates losing and will not give Cable
such a long leash like PC did..Most coaches will not in fact..As one above said better
them than us..I'm so glad the Cable era is over..Sick of seeing his name in here.

ivotuk

Reaction score
hhaahaahha take that Raiders!

Reggie and Schneider worked together, so I"m surprised he fell for this shit. Maybe Gruden has the final say in everything and all Reggie could do is try to draft around this "Tom-Foolery."