Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Huskies rise to No. 4 in USA Today’s post-spring rankings

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • It echoes what I have been saying that this team could be the best of the last three years including the team that went to the national playoffs.

Will they be? It's impossible to say
    We shall see.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw- ... -rankings/
    Fallin' in love with this new installment of the Seahawks!!!
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• 8)
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• Ha Ha..Dig@the Duck..
    Yeah injuries and luck play a role in how this will go.
    I sure hope it goes the Dawgs way..It's been too long
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Will be interesting to see how the auburn game goes
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Get a room you two
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• nt
    Last edited by DomeHawk on Fri May 04, 2018 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• let's make this easy for the rest of us..
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Why are we being edited when we’re breakimg no rules?
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• DomeHawk wrote:It echoes what I have been saying that this team could be the best of the last three years including the team that went to the national playoffs.

Will they be? It's impossible to say
    We shall see.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw- ... -rankings/

Are they really that good? I didn't realize that. Who are the great returning star players? Is the coaching staff any good?

I will have to watch them some next year.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Rookie

• Pre season polls in college are like power rankings, nobody knows till they start to play and you know who's playing in what positions, they are good for generating conversation about how right and or wrong they are.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• My attempt at an unbiased husky opinion. I think they are a very solid team, but I don’t think they’ll be a special team. Losing John Ross hurt the offense last season and I think losing vita vea will hurt the defense this year. Those are the kind of guys that make everybody around them better.

Defensively the Secondary is very very good, undoubtedly the strength of the team. The front 7 should be solid, but I don’t see any big difference makers and playmakers there, and I’d worry about the dline depth. I’m also not sold on their pass rushing ability, but luckily they have a lock down secondary behind them.

Offensively, the run game should be great with Gaskin and Ahmed. I’d imagine they’ll face a lot of loaded boxes until the receivers can prove they can win one on one matchups. Hunter Bryant could be a major weapon this season if he can stay healthy. He is the husky tight end I’d like to see on the Seahawks .

Also losing Pettis will be a huge special team loss. He really had a knack for making momentum swinging plays.

All in all I expect them to be about what they’ve been the last few years. A really good team that can beat just about everyone on their schedule, but not good enough to beat the really good teams. I think their offense is going to really struggle to move the ball against a team like auburn. Browning just isn’t good enough.

I personally think #4 is way too high of a ranking, though I can understand why they’re there. I think the 10-15 range would be more accurate.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• JSeahawks wrote:My attempt at an unbiased husky opinion. I think they are a very solid team, but I don’t think they’ll be a special team. Losing John Ross hurt the offense last season and I think losing vita vea will hurt the defense this year. Those are the kind of guys that make everybody around them better.

Defensively the Secondary is very very good, undoubtedly the strength of the team. The front 7 should be solid, but I don’t see any big difference makers and playmakers there, and I’d worry about the dline depth. I’m also not sold on their pass rushing ability, but luckily they have a lock down secondary behind them.

Offensively, the run game should be great with Gaskin and Ahmed. I’d imagine they’ll face a lot of loaded boxes until the receivers can prove they can win one on one matchups. Hunter Bryant could be a major weapon this season if he can stay healthy. He is the husky tight end I’d like to see on the Seahawks .

Also losing Pettis will be a huge special team loss. He really had a knack for making momentum swinging plays.

All in all I expect them to be about what they’ve been the last few years. A really good team that can beat just about everyone on their schedule, but not good enough to beat the really good teams. I think their offense is going to really struggle to move the ball against a team like auburn. Browning just isn’t good enough.

I personally think #4 is way too high of a ranking, though I can understand why they’re there. I think the 10-15 range would be more accurate.

This is a fair and well-reasoned assessment, to be honest. On the other hand, Chris Peterson is a damn good coach. He's going to coach a few guys up, who will take everyone by surprise. If a couple guys breakout, then watch out. The present and future are amazingly bright for the program.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2018 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:My attempt at an unbiased husky opinion. I think they are a very solid team, but I don’t think they’ll be a special team. Losing John Ross hurt the offense last season and I think losing vita vea will hurt the defense this year. Those are the kind of guys that make everybody around them better.

This is a fair and well-reasoned assessment, to be honest. On the other hand, Chris Peterson is a damn good coach. He's going to coach a few guys up, who will take everyone by surprise. If a couple guys breakout, then watch out. The present and future are amazingly bright for the program.

Coach P beat "the very best teams" at Boise St. He's just getting started here.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:22 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information