Huskies rise to No. 4 in USA Today’s post-spring rankings

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Ha Ha..Dig@the Duck..
Yeah injuries and luck play a role in how this will go.
I sure hope it goes the Dawgs way..It's been too long

Uncle Si

Reaction score
let's make this easy for the rest of us..

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
DomeHawk":31fcrd6s said:
It echoes what I have been saying that this team could be the best of the last three years including the team that went to the national playoffs.

Will they be? It's impossible to say
We shall see.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw- ... -rankings/

Are they really that good? I didn't realize that. Who are the great returning star players? Is the coaching staff any good?

I will have to watch them some next year.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pre season polls in college are like power rankings, nobody knows till they start to play and you know who's playing in what positions, they are good for generating conversation about how right and or wrong they are.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
My attempt at an unbiased husky opinion. I think they are a very solid team, but I don’t think they’ll be a special team. Losing John Ross hurt the offense last season and I think losing vita vea will hurt the defense this year. Those are the kind of guys that make everybody around them better.

Defensively the Secondary is very very good, undoubtedly the strength of the team. The front 7 should be solid, but I don’t see any big difference makers and playmakers there, and I’d worry about the dline depth. I’m also not sold on their pass rushing ability, but luckily they have a lock down secondary behind them.

Offensively, the run game should be great with Gaskin and Ahmed. I’d imagine they’ll face a lot of loaded boxes until the receivers can prove they can win one on one matchups. Hunter Bryant could be a major weapon this season if he can stay healthy. He is the husky tight end I’d like to see on the Seahawks .

Also losing Pettis will be a huge special team loss. He really had a knack for making momentum swinging plays.

All in all I expect them to be about what they’ve been the last few years. A really good team that can beat just about everyone on their schedule, but not good enough to beat the really good teams. I think their offense is going to really struggle to move the ball against a team like auburn. Browning just isn’t good enough.

I personally think #4 is way too high of a ranking, though I can understand why they’re there. I think the 10-15 range would be more accurate.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
JSeahawks":4vmwuntf said:
My attempt at an unbiased husky opinion. I think they are a very solid team, but I don’t think they’ll be a special team. Losing John Ross hurt the offense last season and I think losing vita vea will hurt the defense this year. Those are the kind of guys that make everybody around them better.

Defensively the Secondary is very very good, undoubtedly the strength of the team. The front 7 should be solid, but I don’t see any big difference makers and playmakers there, and I’d worry about the dline depth. I’m also not sold on their pass rushing ability, but luckily they have a lock down secondary behind them.

Offensively, the run game should be great with Gaskin and Ahmed. I’d imagine they’ll face a lot of loaded boxes until the receivers can prove they can win one on one matchups. Hunter Bryant could be a major weapon this season if he can stay healthy. He is the husky tight end I’d like to see on the Seahawks .

Also losing Pettis will be a huge special team loss. He really had a knack for making momentum swinging plays.

All in all I expect them to be about what they’ve been the last few years. A really good team that can beat just about everyone on their schedule, but not good enough to beat the really good teams. I think their offense is going to really struggle to move the ball against a team like auburn. Browning just isn’t good enough.

I personally think #4 is way too high of a ranking, though I can understand why they’re there. I think the 10-15 range would be more accurate.

This is a fair and well-reasoned assessment, to be honest. On the other hand, Chris Peterson is a damn good coach. He's going to coach a few guys up, who will take everyone by surprise. If a couple guys breakout, then watch out. The present and future are amazingly bright for the program.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

hawknation2018":2pzmw06k said:
JSeahawks":2pzmw06k said:

This is a fair and well-reasoned assessment, to be honest. On the other hand, Chris Peterson is a damn good coach. He's going to coach a few guys up, who will take everyone by surprise. If a couple guys breakout, then watch out. The present and future are amazingly bright for the program.

Coach P beat "the very best teams" at Boise St. He's just getting started here.