Jake Browning Named #7 Top QB in Country.

D

DomeHawk

For all the criticism Jake receives the national media seems to have a different take. He is rated #7 out of 130 just ahead of Oregon's Herbert and while it seems Herbert has more pro potential he hasn't really won any big games and hasn't proven he can stay healthy.

If Jake can return to 2016's form it will definitely keep opposing defense's off balance.

https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... kings-2018

HawkGA

Reaction score
Tua coming in at #2 just feels wrong. I mean, it could feel right by the end of the season . . . but I'd want a little more body of work before putting somebody #2.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
He's torched the Ducks a couple times....but you're right, those weren't big games considering the quality of opponent.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
fenderbender123":i0kq4vak said:
He's torched the Ducks a couple times....but you're right, those weren't big games considering the quality of opponent.

Agreed. I suppose his best win is against a not very good Colorado team in the Pac-12 title game a few years ago.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":2cua1pb4 said:
fenderbender123":2cua1pb4 said:

Agreed. I suppose his best win is against a not very good Colorado team in the Pac-12 title game a few years ago.

Yeah, they were so bad that you threw Phil Knight money at their DC and then anointed him the second coming. :stirthepot:

getnasty

Reaction score
Jake Browning won't finish the year as the starter.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I find it hilarious that JT Daniels is on this list and he hasn’t even started classes yet.

Our starting QB is totally up in the air right now, though I think Daniels has as much chance of winning it as Fink or Sears despite the fact he has no college experience.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

getnasty":n4vjqi9q said:
Jake Browning won't finish the year as the starter.

Well, now that the SCOTUS has legalized sport's betting I can only say:

HOW MUCH?

sdog1981

Reaction score
He is such a strange QB and his numbers back it up. He wins by 40 or loses? He has a major Ty Detmer feel to his career.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Browning has no heart. Plays scared against tough competition and shits the bed in those games. Yes I'm a UW fan but Browninh doesn't have the it factor. 7 is too high for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anajimmc

Reaction score
sc85sis":1hvdzv9q said:
I find it hilarious that JT Daniels is on this list and he hasn’t even started classes yet.

Our starting QB is totally up in the air right now, though I think Daniels has as much chance of winning it as Fink or Sears despite the fact he has no college experience.
Daniels is still rated higher than the Ruin QB. Think about that, a kid who should be headed into his senior year in High school.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Anajimmc":3m6v9jvl said:
sc85sis":3m6v9jvl said:

Daniels is still rated higher than the Ruin QB. Think about that, a kid who should be headed into his senior year in High school.
I know. I'm quite excited to see what he can do at the next level. His HS tape is unreal as far as accuracy. Granted, he was on a great team, but apparently he called plays the last two years, which is pretty amazing for a sophomore/junior in high school.

Hope the hype is real. Neither Fink nor Sears was that impressive in spring ball.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1gp2wza8 said:
Browning has no heart. Plays scared against tough competition and shits the bed in those games. Yes I'm a UW fan but Browninh doesn't have the it factor. 7 is too high for him.

JB with a 2016(early) good shoulder was very good and beat a very tough Stanford team
with no problem.
People are used to seeing the JB with a weak arm due to that shoulder issue and I get it but
If he ever gets over that injury -Eat Crow..
Even with a bum shoulder UW has not lost much since he has been there so he does more with
less of himself.I think #7 is on par but better if he has his arm back.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
sc85sis":3p3p768f said:
Anajimmc":3p3p768f said:
sc85sis":3p3p768f said:

I know. I'm quite excited to see what he can do at the next level. His HS tape is unreal as far as accuracy. Granted, he was on a great team, but apparently he called plays the last two years, which is pretty amazing for a sophomore/junior in high school.

Hope the hype is real. Neither Fink nor Sears was that impressive in spring ball.
I believe the Trojan D is going to be STOUT this year and will give them a chance in every game.

Question is O. Will the line come together, will Carr come back completely healed and ready to go, and will a QB step up. If the running game is good that would give Daniels a chance to ease in without so much pressure on him. He throws the best ball, his legs are serviceable and he's a true pro style QB. My biggest question is he ready for the competition he'll face, and to that only time & experience will tell.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
JSeahawks":229zpkrl said:
fenderbender123":229zpkrl said:

And in that game they ran the football like 90% of the time and Jake still struggled to pass.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Under Jake UDub has come back to national prominence, in spite of all of the NOT-knowledgeable criticism all he does is win. Last year when he was still recuperating from major shoulder surgery he completed 68% of his passed and had a VERY low intercept to TD ratio.

In the games he has lost in the last two years the Huskies were clearly over-matched save maybe one game. It had NOTHING to do with his comportment. His UW teams had recruiting classes in the mid-20's against teams, some of who were top-5 recruiters or #1 itself. No team in America has done more w/less and Jake Browning has had a fabulous college football career.

Does he have a cannon for an arm? Will he be a great pro QB? Probably not and who cares anyway? Criticism of him is unjustified and just another good example of why people who have played football and actually know something about what it takes to play the game avoid these boards.

And why I should also.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

fenderbender123":3lpbcseq said:
JSeahawks":3lpbcseq said:
fenderbender123":3lpbcseq said:

And in that game they ran the football like 90% of the time and Jake still struggled to pass.

Jake injured his shoulder, an injury that required major surgery, in mid-November and still managed to play out the season. We all should "struggle" so.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... -shoulder/

dopeboy206

Reaction score
IndyHawk":a7nyg4md said:
dopeboy206":a7nyg4md said:

JB with a 2016(early) good shoulder was very good and beat a very tough Stanford team
with no problem.
People are used to seeing the JB with a weak arm due to that shoulder issue and I get it but
If he ever gets over that injury -Eat Crow..
Even with a bum shoulder UW has not lost much since he has been there so he does more with
less of himself.I think #7 is on par but better if he has his arm back.

Jake always had a weak arm lol