Linebacker Camilo Eifler transferring from UW

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Was he supposed to be in the 2 deep this year? Or is this a case of a guy getting passed up and looking for more playing time somewhere else?

drrew

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2tie2i8f said:
Was he supposed to be in the 2 deep this year? Or is this a case of a guy getting passed up and looking for more playing time somewhere else?

He's behind Amandre Williams and Tevis Bartlett, so probably wasn't going to see anything other than special teams play this season.

Never seemed to be able to match his incredible athleticism with the necessary technique.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
drrew":2f8lg7v7 said:
JSeahawks":2f8lg7v7 said:

He's behind Amandre Williams and Tevis Bartlett, so probably wasn't going to see anything other than special teams play this season.

Never seemed to be able to match his incredible athleticism with the necessary technique.

That's kind of what I figured. Ducks have a few of those guys. We call them the "All Uniform Team". They look damn good getting off the bus and wearing their uniform, until they actually have to get out there and play.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Never heard of him and that figures.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
“First off I would like to take this opportunity to thank Coach Pete, Coack K, and the rest of the coaching staff, My Brothers on the team, and Husky Nation for the support and love I’ve received while being a part of this amazing football program,” Eifler wrote on Twitter. “After talks with my family, I have decided it is best that I leave UW and open my recruitment back up. Please respect me and my families (sic) decision.”

Eifler, at 6-feet-1 and 225 pounds, tantalized with his raw athleticism and impressive physique. He appeared in all 13 games for UW as a redshirt freshman in 2017, mostly playing on special teams, posting six tackles.

Eifler played for UW legend Napoleon Kaufman at Bishop O’Dowd High in Oakland, and was recruited to UW as an outside linebacker.

But he never quite lived up to his recruiting profile, and there was no clear path for him to vault into the two-deep in 2018, either. He was the third-string strongside linebacker for most of the spring, behind sophomores Amandre Williams and Myles Rice.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw- ... ashington/

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":3es6nm8w said:
drrew":3es6nm8w said:
JSeahawks":3es6nm8w said:

That's kind of what I figured. Ducks have a few of those guys. We call them the "All Uniform Team". They look damn good getting off the bus and wearing their uniform, until they actually have to get out there and play.

Hey! I was an "all-uniform" player at one time. Don't criticize them, they work their butts off to achieve their dreams and contribute what they can.

It seems my 16-year-old hasn't fallen far from the tree, at 5'11" 195 lbs he isn't really big enough to play his position (LB) in major-college football nor fast enough to play the position his size indicates (CB, safety, etc.). I encourage him to "play" at a smaller school rather than walk-on like I did at my dream school. Which is probably going to happen as there aren't as many walk-ons as when I played.

Lots of VERY good football players on the "All Uniform Team."

Show them some respect.

D

DomeHawk

The_Z_Man":dwvndvrl said:
DomeHawk":dwvndvrl said:
Hey! I was an "all-uniform" player at one time. Don't criticize them, they work their butts off to achieve their dreams and contribute what they can.

It seems my 16-year-old hasn't fallen far from the tree, at 5'11" 195 lbs he isn't really big enough to play his position (LB) in major-college football nor fast enough to play the position his size indicates (CB, safety, etc.). I encourage him to "play" at a smaller school rather than walk-on like I did at my dream school. Which is probably going to happen as there aren't as many walk-ons as when I played.

Show them some respect.

I don't think that's what JS meant by all-uniform team.

I think he's talking about the guys who check all the boxes, come in highly recruited with the speed and size and they look physically imposing in the uniform... you know, 6'4 240 can run a 4.4 and benchpress 350lbs, but they are just never able to translate those physical skills into good football play.

Granted, but we don't take pot shots at kids, save that stuff for pros.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1729lt29 said:
The_Z_Man":1729lt29 said:
DomeHawk":1729lt29 said:

Show them some respect.

I think he's talking about the guys who check all the boxes, come in highly recruited with the speed and size and they look physically imposing in the uniform... you know, 6'4 240 can run a 4.4 and benchpress 350lbs, but they are just never able to translate those physical skills into good football play.

They are 18 and over and considered adults. Free game.

D

DomeHawk

TransGenderHawkFan":moe67tpw said:
DomeHawk":moe67tpw said:
The_Z_Man":moe67tpw said:
DomeHawk":moe67tpw said:

Show them some respect.

They are 18 and over and considered adults. Free game.

They are college athletes, on every college sports board I have ever been it is considered low class to personally criticize the players and YES, they are still kids.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2w50uy21 said:
They are college athletes, on every college sports board I have ever been it is considered low class to personally criticize the players and YES, they are still kids.

What boards are you talking about? I've been on Hardcore Husky, Dawgman and Real Dawg and none of them have problems criticizing players when its warranted. Same as every Duck board. And every other major college football program's boards.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Those have to be some of the weirdest posts I've ever seen on this board. We can't criticize college players... because they're kids? At what point does a 'kid' become a 'man?' Last I checked 18 is legal adult age.... many 'kids' think they're 'men' when they're still teenagers. Sounds like some arbitrary BS and honestly it doesn't even matter. I can criticize a 14 year old playing on a freshman HS team if what I'm saying has some truth to it.

I'd hate to be coaching these 'kids' and not be able to criticize them or try to coach them up on what they've done wrong. Gotta be brutal until the 'men' come around.

D

DomeHawk

JGfromtheNW":1vq0gogh said:
Those have to be some of the weirdest posts I've ever seen on this board. We can't criticize college players... because they're kids? At what point does a 'kid' become a 'man?' Last I checked 18 is legal adult age.... many 'kids' think they're 'men' when they're still teenagers. Sounds like some arbitrary BS and honestly it doesn't even matter. I can criticize a 14 year old playing on a freshman HS team if what I'm saying has some truth to it.

I'd hate to be coaching these 'kids' and not be able to criticize them or try to coach them up on what they've done wrong. Gotta be brutal until the 'men' come around.

I'm talking about personal attacks not their play.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
DomeHawk":18rkeple said:
JGfromtheNW":18rkeple said:

I mean, isn't calling them part of the all-uniform team doing just that? Making a little joke about how they weren't quite good enough to see playing time?

I get both sides, and even though they are adults, they're very young adults still figuring out life. But they should get used to criticism. They should understand that if people are on the internet saying nasty things about them, that it's because they are just die-hard fans and that's how they express themselves. I'm sure most good coaches teach that to their players, and also to take all forms of criticism and use it as motivation.

Over at Hardcore Husky, there is very little held back. You should see some of the dedicated threads just about Jake Browning. There was a pretty picture/gif thread called "People who can throw better than Jake Browning", and people were posting pictures of guys who had no arms and stuff lol.

Last year, the guy who ran the site had to draw the line and start suspending people after somebody posted that he was literally on his way to the airport to kill one of the players (I think it was the kicker) during a game. Obviously that's over the line, even though everyone knew it was an empty threat. But it just goes to show how passionate fans can be. To each their own, I say (although you obviously can't have people posting death threats on your message board).

BTW, I love all the updates you give about the Huskies. Wish there was more college football talk on this board. You and JSeahawks do a good job of providing recruiting updates and some 'inside' information, and I read them regularly. Thank you, both.

D

DomeHawk

fenderbender123":15ac2aku said:
DomeHawk":15ac2aku said:
JGfromtheNW":15ac2aku said:

I mean, isn't calling them part of the all-uniform team doing just that? Making a little joke about how they weren't quite good enough to see playing time?

I get both sides, and even though they are adults, they're very young adults still figuring out life. But they should get used to criticism. They should understand that if people are on the internet saying nasty things about them, that it's because they are just die-hard fans and that's how they express themselves. I'm sure most good coaches teach that to their players, and also to take all forms of criticism and use it as motivation.

Over at Hardcore Husky, there is very little held back. You should see some of the dedicated threads just about Jake Browning. There was a pretty picture/gif thread called "People who can throw better than Jake Browning", and people were posting pictures of guys who had no arms and stuff lol.

Last year, the guy who ran the site had to draw the line and start suspending people after somebody posted that he was literally on his way to the airport to kill one of the players (I think it was the kicker) during a game. Obviously that's over the line, even though everyone knew it was an empty threat. But it just goes to show how passionate fans can be. To each their own, I say (although you obviously can't have people posting death threats on your message board).

BTW, I love all the updates you give about the Huskies. Wish there was more college football talk on this board. You and JSeahawks do a good job of providing recruiting updates and some 'inside' information, and I read them regularly. Thank you, both.

You make a reasonable post but your and J's example of Hardcore Husky as an example of a college sport's board is just ridiculous. It is to college football what the "shack" is to .net. And yes, making personal attacks against players is strictly verboten on sites like Dawgman, Realdawg, and eDuck. This might explain why a certain somebody here has been kicked off both. And, as a former player who gave all and watched others give all, it irks the hell out of me when I see wannabe football experts who didn't even play high school football make fun of players just because they weren't great. It is uncalled for in the context of amateur school sports.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
If you’re referring to me, I am not kicked off any of them. I’m no longer a 247 member, so I just don’t have access to them. I’ve never been banned from dawgman, I havnt posted on there in probably a decade. . Real dawg gave me a couple week long timeouts just for stupid stuff like making fun of the color purple or for teasing husky fans,Never for attacking players. Ruth loves me though! As for educk, I wouldn’t read that site if you paid my subscription, it sucks. I used to be on duck territory, but when justin Hopkins left to make his own site, scoopduck, I followed him there. It’s hands down the best recruiting site.

As for the rest of the argument, if a college player sucks, I have no problem saying he sucks. They’re big boys, I don’t think it’s going to hurt their feelings having some idiot on a message board talking about them.

chris98251

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2ulxrjnj said:
If you’re referring to me, I am not kicked off any of them. I’m no longer a 247 member, so I just don’t have access to them. I’ve never been banned from dawgman, I havnt posted on there in probably a decade. . Real dawg gave me a couple week long timeouts just for stupid stuff like making fun of the color purple or for teasing husky fans,Never for attacking players. Ruth loves me though! As for educk, I wouldn’t read that site if you paid my subscription, it sucks. I used to be on duck territory, but when justin Hopkins left to make his own site, scoopduck, I followed him there. It’s hands down the best recruiting site.

As for the rest of the argument, if a college player sucks, I have no problem saying he sucks. They’re big boys, I don’t think it’s going to hurt their feelings having some idiot on a message board talking about them.

I am sure thru out his career he has been told he sucks in so many words many times to motivate him from mistakes he has made by coaches.

D

DomeHawk

chris98251":xgdol8qe said:
JSeahawks":xgdol8qe said:

I am sure thru out his career he has been told he sucks in so many words many times to motivate him from mistakes he has made by coaches.

Actually, the vast majority of players on power-5 teams have NOT been told they suck throughout their careers. In fact most of them were the best on their team if not their entire hs conference. Yes, even the backups and 3rd stringers. Truth is you have be a REALLY good football player just to make it onto the squad.

But I digress, it isn't criticism of their play that I object to, it's when someone makes a smarta$$ comment obviously meant to demean. It's low-class.

D

DomeHawk

DomeHawk":b7ddu4un said:
Actually, the vast majority of players on power-5 teams have NOT been told they suck throughout their careers. In fact most of them were the best on their team if not their entire hs conference. Yes, even the backups and 3rd stringers. Truth is you have be a REALLY good football player just to make it onto the squad..

To give an example, out of the more than 20,000 HS football players in Washington State about 1 in every 1,000 will make it onto one of the two power-5 schools here.

Status
Not open for further replies.