Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Ohio State coach Urban Meyer put on adminstrative leave.

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Pending a university investigation into what knowledge he possessed regarding former assistant coach Zach Smith's history of domestic violence and whether he lied to the university about it.

    http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... tive-leave
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10182
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD



  • He'll be in the NFL soon since his college coaching career is probably over.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7265
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Wow.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 105303
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


  • So without having clicked on the links but having heard a report on the radio . . . the story is that an assistant coach's wife said something to Meyer's wife that the assistant coach was abusive and Meyer is in trouble? That seems like a stretch.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 105303
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


  • Hide Chris Peterson
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    User avatar
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2790
    Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:40 pm
    Location: South Seattle


  • HawkGA wrote:So without having clicked on the links but having heard a report on the radio . . . the story is that an assistant coach's wife said something to Meyer's wife that the assistant coach was abusive and Meyer is in trouble? That seems like a stretch.


    The messages are between the women, but in a message from Urban Meyer's wife, it states that “He (Urban) just said he (Zach) denied everything”

    Compare that with this quote from Urban Meyer "I was never told about anything. Never anything came to light, never had a conversation about it. So I know nothing about it."

    Could Urban Meyer's wife have been lying in the text message and she never actually talked about it with him? Sure, and I think that's probably the defense he'll try to go with, but that doesn't really pass the common sense test.
    drrew
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1031
    Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:50 am


  • Eh, I'm not Urban and thus I have no idea what he knows about his own life experiences.

    But that is a tough situation...I once had somebody tell me that my best friend was abusing his girlfriend. I could have gone to the police but luckily i didnt because it wound up being untrue and would have ruined my friendship with him.

    On the other hand if you dont report it and abuse is axtually happening, thats not good either. Thats why i always empathasize with people who havent done anything bad but might have knowledge. It sucks. Anymore i just plug my ears and say la la la if somebody is about to feed me something that puts ke in that situation.
    User avatar
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4438
    Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm


  • drrew wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:So without having clicked on the links but having heard a report on the radio . . . the story is that an assistant coach's wife said something to Meyer's wife that the assistant coach was abusive and Meyer is in trouble? That seems like a stretch.


    The messages are between the women, but in a message from Urban Meyer's wife, it states that “He (Urban) just said he (Zach) denied everything”

    Compare that with this quote from Urban Meyer "I was never told about anything. Never anything came to light, never had a conversation about it. So I know nothing about it."

    Could Urban Meyer's wife have been lying in the text message and she never actually talked about it with him? Sure, and I think that's probably the defense he'll try to go with, but that doesn't really pass the common sense test.


    Well that certainly doesn't look good for Meyer. Heard another snippet that he HAD reported the same person (assume it involved the same female but don't actually know that) back when they were at Florida. That certainly muddies the water. I think 2011 was the year given (but maybe 2009?). So it's not like he's a serial "sweep under the rug" type.

    Wouldn't be surprised if he took more of a "reported it once, did my duty" and simply didn't want to get involved. Or maybe the report found no supporting evidence. I mean, if (and I do mean if) somebody is crying wolf, do you have to go report it every time? Given he reported it once, I'd be inclined to give him some benefit of the doubt.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 105303
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


  • HawkGA wrote:
    drrew wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:So without having clicked on the links but having heard a report on the radio . . . the story is that an assistant coach's wife said something to Meyer's wife that the assistant coach was abusive and Meyer is in trouble? That seems like a stretch.


    The messages are between the women, but in a message from Urban Meyer's wife, it states that “He (Urban) just said he (Zach) denied everything”

    Compare that with this quote from Urban Meyer "I was never told about anything. Never anything came to light, never had a conversation about it. So I know nothing about it."

    Could Urban Meyer's wife have been lying in the text message and she never actually talked about it with him? Sure, and I think that's probably the defense he'll try to go with, but that doesn't really pass the common sense test.


    Well that certainly doesn't look good for Meyer. Heard another snippet that he HAD reported the same person (assume it involved the same female but don't actually know that) back when they were at Florida. That certainly muddies the water. I think 2011 was the year given (but maybe 2009?). So it's not like he's a serial "sweep under the rug" type.

    Wouldn't be surprised if he took more of a "reported it once, did my duty" and simply didn't want to get involved. Or maybe the report found no supporting evidence. I mean, if (and I do mean if) somebody is crying wolf, do you have to go report it every time? Given he reported it once, I'd be inclined to give him some benefit of the doubt.


    So why the hell did he hire the guy at OSU if there was a problem at Florida? Interesting.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    User avatar
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1574
    Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:11 pm


  • Good question. My guess is there was an investigation and nothing was found. Perhaps the wife recanted. That would, I think, lend credibility to why Meyer might blow off a second (or maybe it was even more than a second) complaint.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 105303
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


  • Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 5022
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


  • SeatownJay wrote:Pending a university investigation into what knowledge he possessed regarding former assistant coach Zach Smith's history of domestic violence and whether he lied to the university about it.

    http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... tive-leave


    As much as I love the Buckeyes...screw Urban Meyer and screw Ohio State, on top of the wrestling abuse you have yet another moral coward?

    The only thing that makes this worse is that moral cowardice is endemic at the college level that it makes their insipid claims about purity one of the most brain melting insufferable claims ever.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3063
    Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:21 pm


  • HawkGA wrote:
    drrew wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:So without having clicked on the links but having heard a report on the radio . . . the story is that an assistant coach's wife said something to Meyer's wife that the assistant coach was abusive and Meyer is in trouble? That seems like a stretch.


    The messages are between the women, but in a message from Urban Meyer's wife, it states that “He (Urban) just said he (Zach) denied everything”

    Compare that with this quote from Urban Meyer "I was never told about anything. Never anything came to light, never had a conversation about it. So I know nothing about it."

    Could Urban Meyer's wife have been lying in the text message and she never actually talked about it with him? Sure, and I think that's probably the defense he'll try to go with, but that doesn't really pass the common sense test.


    Well that certainly doesn't look good for Meyer. Heard another snippet that he HAD reported the same person (assume it involved the same female but don't actually know that) back when they were at Florida. That certainly muddies the water. I think 2011 was the year given (but maybe 2009?). So it's not like he's a serial "sweep under the rug" type.

    Wouldn't be surprised if he took more of a "reported it once, did my duty" and simply didn't want to get involved. Or maybe the report found no supporting evidence. I mean, if (and I do mean if) somebody is crying wolf, do you have to go report it every time? Given he reported it once, I'd be inclined to give him some benefit of the doubt.


    Perhaps if the rot of college abuse wasn't becoming more and more revealed and if not for the infamous Penn State situation in the same sport in the same division where simply doing the BARE minimum was deemed sufficient.

    I get that people don't want to put their neck out there in terms of holding people they love accountable, especially if it doesn't turn out to be true and is vindictive but...

    Larry Nassar and Sandusky really worth saying 'not my problem' and possibly being made a fool at some point?

    FWIW I've never been put in that situation but I also know it would be painful to do what I was perceived as right which is going to the police and having as many heart to hearts with the victim and accused in the scenario to ensure I wasn't off base.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3063
    Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:21 pm


  • mrt144 wrote:screw Urban Meyer and screw Ohio State,


    Can't find any fault with that statement! :irishdrinkers:
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 105303
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm




It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:59 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 40 guests