FBS Week 0: Hawaii @ Colorado State

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Despite what HawkGA and his myopic homerism would have you believe, ;) , FBS football starts TONIGHT! We get two FBS vs. FBS games here, with the Rainbow Warriors vs. the Rams kicking things off at 7:30 ET on CBSSN. Later tonight we get Wyoming @ New Mexico State on ESPN2.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Hawai'i goes for it on 4th & goal and scores. 7-0 Warriors. Hawai'i didn't score on their opening possession once last season.

D

DomeHawk

SeatownJay":14kk6o6p said:
FYI for UW fans, former Husky K.J. Carta-Samuels is starting at QB for Colorado State.

Good luck to KJ, he's a good kid and a talented QB, just got caught up in a log jam.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3ukd5y4m said:
SeatownJay":3ukd5y4m said:
FYI for UW fans, former Husky K.J. Carta-Samuels is starting at QB for Colorado State.

Good luck to KJ, he's a good kid and a talented QB, just got caught up in a log jam.
He's looked good on this opening drive. Of course, Hawaii's defense isn't very good.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Not seeing much defense so far. Hawai'i considers going for it on 4th & goal again, but after dueling time outs they decide to kick the field goal and take a 10-7 lead.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Well, after praising KJ, he throws an interception on C-State's second possession. Hawaii marches down the field and scores another TD but goes for 2 and fails. 16-7 Warriors in the 2nd quarter.

HawkGA

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2ah5umoh said:
Despite what HawkGA and his myopic homerism would have you believe, ;) , FBS football starts TONIGHT! We get two FBS vs. FBS games here, with the Rainbow Warriors vs. the Rams kicking things off at 7:30 ET on CBSSN. Later tonight we get Wyoming @ New Mexico State on ESPN2.

:irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
So, what looked like a blowout when Hawai'i went up 30-7 in the 3rd quarter now appears to be a game. Colorado State just scored again to make it 37-27.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Well, that was entertaining. The comeback falls short as Hawai'i wins 43-34. KJ Carta-Samuels, in his first start for Colorado State, sets the school yardage record with 509 yards on 33/49 passing.

D

DomeHawk

SeatownJay":32a6lydr said:
Well, that was entertaining. The comeback falls short as Hawai'i wins 43-34. KJ Carta-Samuels, in his first start for Colorado State, sets the school yardage record with 509 yards on 33/49 passing.

509 yds! Wow.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
DomeHawk":qaor4acv said:
SeatownJay":qaor4acv said:

509 yds! Wow.
Apparently when I posted that they hadn't updated his stats to include the last play of the game. His final state line: 34/50, 537 yards, 5 TDs, 1 Int. He also had six carries for 25 yards.