Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Sorry, Seahawks, your time has passed. Seattle is Husky town

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • KitsapGuy wrote:Team 2017 average attendance 2016 average attendance

Seattle Sounders FC 43,666 42,636

21: WASHINGTON HUSKIES

Average Attendance: 68,822
    Total Attendance: 481,755
    Stadium Name: Husky Stadium
    Average 2017 home score: 44-14

What's total attendance of 43000 over 20-24 home games?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Seattle 74 2,164,157 29,245 61.1

74 home games for 2018

2,164,157 total

Average 29,245

61.1%
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• KitsapGuy wrote:Seattle 74 2,164,157 29,245 61.1

74 home games for 2018

2,164,157 total

Average 29,245

61.1%

Lost me with that one.

Saying that Sounders have a consistent and large fan base in a sport that is growing in popularity by the day
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Well thank you for not taking it personal, it's almost impossible to get that around here. Of course I am being at least partially facetious (my last post) but....

Uncle Si wrote:I'm not a Sounders fan. I just know their popularity is big and growing. Average attendance for 4 home games over 20 is a frail line to cling to.

I don't know what you are referring to here.

Uncle Si wrote:getting an understanding for those that watch is it important. For example, 212 million watched a premier league soccer match hours before 105 million worldwide watched the super bowl. A league match, one of over 50 games the participants played that year, drew double the viewers of the super bowls worldwide audience.

Again, this is just more of the "it's the biggest sport in the world" thing we have to hear over-and-over-again. I know I am speaking for other people but WE DON"T CARE.

Uncle Si wrote:700 million watched the world cup final. They weren't all hipsters.

Can't speak for other nation's fans but the American soccer fans I have seen are anything but "hipsters." I see a lot of techies going to the game and someone's comment about new transplants probably applies better here. The bigger question for me would be how many Americans watched it compared to the Super Bowl.

Uncle Si wrote:It's growing fast. And whether you believe it's merely a participation sport or not makes little difference in the shear volume of people who play it and spend money to watch it here in the US and particularly on the west coast.

I get that it's growing but it will always have a limited audience in America, we just aren't wired for the game.

Uncle Si wrote:It won't catch the NFL. But in cities like Seattle it will push other sports.

Nobody in "other" sport's care and that isn't a statement of superiority, it's a statement of ambivalence. It will never reach the status of mainstream American sport's because it will never (or at least for a very long time) attract really elite American athletes. I have a good friend who is a big soccer fan and I tried and tried to appreciate the sport watching matches with him, I just couldn't get there (thank god there was alcohol involved). I admittedly don't have enough exposure to appreciate the nuances, but I think it really is not a very good spectator sport for Americans. Funny thing is, when we watched the European premier soccer teams the difference was startling, they are NOTICEABLY better. Still not enough so that I can maintain interest.

Uncle Si wrote:My dream scenario is similar to yours.

Cool.
    Last edited by DomeHawk on Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Fallin' in love with this new installment of the Seahawks!!!
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• Uncle Si wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:Seattle 74 2,164,157 29,245 61.1

74 home games for 2018

2,164,157 total

Average 29,245

61.1%

Lost me with that one.

Saying that Sounders have a consistent and large fan base in a sport that is growing in popularity by the day

Sorry. That was for the Mariners. :34853_doh:

Sounders

13 games

40,706 Average

529,180 total

43,666 average in 2017. So they went down this year.

https://soccerstadiumdigest.com/2018-mls-attendance/
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Seattle will always be a pro sports town. That goes for pretty much any major city. College sports are #1 in small towns. Nova has won two national championships in like 5 years and they probably are probably the third or fourth biggest team in Philly. USC and UCLA are an afterthought no matter how bad the Dodgers and Lakers are. Can anyone think of any major cities where the college teams are bigger than the pro teams?
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:Seattle will always be a pro sports town. That goes for pretty much any major city. College sports are #1 in small towns. Nova has won two national championships in like 5 years and they probably are probably the third or fourth biggest team in Philly. USC and UCLA are an afterthought no matter how bad the Dodgers and Lakers are. Can anyone think of any major cities where the college teams are bigger than the pro teams?

For many years U.Miami owned that town
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• DomeHawk wrote:Well thank you for not taking it personal, it's almost impossible to get that around here. Of course I am being at least partially facetious (my last post) but....

Uncle Si wrote:I'm not a Sounders fan. I just know their popularity is big and growing. Average attendance for 4 home games over 20 is a frail line to cling to.

Uncle Si wrote:getting an understanding for those that watch is it important. For example, 212 million watched a premier league soccer match hours before 105 million worldwide watched the super bowl. A league match, one of over 50 games the participants played that year, drew double the viewers of the super bowls worldwide audience.

Again, this is just more of the "it's the biggest sport in the world" thing we have to hear over-and-over-again. I know I am speaking for other people but WE DON"T CARE.

Uncle Si wrote:700 million watched the world cup final. They weren't all hipsters.

Can't speak for other nation's fans but the American soccer fans I have seen are anything but "hipsters." I see a lot of techies going to the game and someone's comment about new transplants probably applies better here. The bigger question for me would be how many Americans watched it compared to the Super Bowl.

Uncle Si wrote:It's growing fast. And whether you believe it's merely a participation sport or not makes little difference in the shear volume of people who play it and spend money to watch it here in the US and particularly on the west coast.

I get that it's growing but it will always have a limited audience in America, we just aren't wired for the game.

Uncle Si wrote:It won't catch the NFL. But in cities like Seattle it will push other sports.

Nobody in "other" sport's care and that isn't a statement of superiority, it's a statement of ambivalence. It will never reach the status of mainstream American sport's because it will never (or at least for a very long time) attract really elite American athletes. I have a good friend who is a big soccer fan and I tried and tried to appreciate the sport watching matches with him, I just couldn't get there (thank god there was alcohol involved). I admittedly don't have enough exposure to appreciate the nuances, but I think it really is not a very good spectator sport for Americans. Funny thing is, when we watched the European premier soccer teams the difference was startling, they are NOTICEABLY better. Still not enough so that I can maintain interest.

Cool.

You may not be wired for it, but i'd suggest with rising interest in the sport, and particularly the much, much better English, German and Spanish leagues that are now available on major networks and easily streamed they are becoming a viable challenge to all sports except the NFL

The audience isn't limited by anything but product, as you noticed. 110,000 went to watch two English teams play an exhibition with most of their best players on leave at the Big House in Michigan. id say a very small percentage were english ex pats from Manchester or Liverpool.

Those were American soccer fans primarly located in the upper midwest alone. That's the draw.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:Well thank you for not taking it personal, it's almost impossible to get that around here. Of course I am being at least partially facetious (my last post) but....

Cool.

You may not be wired for it, but i'd suggest with rising interest in the sport, and particularly the much, much better English, German and Spanish leagues that are now available on major networks and easily streamed they are becoming a viable challenge to all sports except the NFL

The audience isn't limited by anything but product, as you noticed. 110,000 went to watch two English teams play an exhibition with most of their best players on leave at the Big House in Michigan. id say a very small percentage were english ex pats from Manchester or Liverpool.

Those were American soccer fans primarly located in the upper midwest alone. That's the draw.

Okay whatever, I get it, you have soccer disease.

Did you see the Dr Pepper commercial in the Auburn LSU game?
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• DomeHawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:Well thank you for not taking it personal, it's almost impossible to get that around here. Of course I am being at least partially facetious (my last post) but....

Cool.

Okay whatever, I get it, you have soccer disease.

Did you see the Dr Pepper commercial in the Auburn LSU game?

I mean i'm a little biased as a former D1 soccer player and current academy and high school coach.

by far, for me, the best spectator driven sport there is. But that's a different story.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:I mean i'm a little biased as a former D1 soccer player and current academy and high school coach.

by far, for me, the best spectator driven sport there is. But that's a different story.

Coming for a football family that extends all the way back to my grandfather, and now to my two sons who are currently playing, of course I have to respect that. I think what this boils down to is trying to understand each other's relative perspective. Soccer people don't understand why we can't appreciate what they do and football people don't understand why you want us to, lol.

I actually have some specific reasons why Americans have a tough time with soccer (hopefully beyond the obvious) and I would like to see your thoughts on this if you don't mind and I'll post it later.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• Hey, Husky fans,

Do you still believe this horse shit?
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:Hey, Husky fans,

Nobody but OP (who seems a little unhinged tbh) believed this when it was first posted in August, and nobody but OP believes it now.

The UW campus has more Seahawks fans and more Seahawks passion than it does for UW football.
    drrew
    NET Veteran

• drrew wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:Hey, Husky fans,

Nobody but OP (who seems a little unhinged tbh) believed this when it was first posted in August, and nobody but OP believes it now.

The UW campus has more Seahawks fans and more Seahawks passion than it does for UW football.

Reading comprehension helps, the OP never agreed with the article and in fact, wrote that it was "too early" to proclaim that. Better to be "unhinged" than downright dishonest I guess.
    Last edited by DomeHawk on Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:Hey, Husky fans,

I didn't see one single Husky fan that said they agreed with the article but it was my understanding that the article was predicated on the Seahawks tanking and the Huskies vying for a CFP.

Fans are fickle, they like a winner, if it wasn't for the recent Seahawk's surge you would probably see the Cougs as the darling of Seattle fans.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• DomeHawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:Hey, Husky fans,

I didn't see one single Husky fan that said they agreed with the article but it was my understanding that the article was predicated on the Seahawks tanking and the Huskies vying for a CFP.

Fans are fickle, they like a winner, if it wasn't for the recent Seahawk's surge you would probably see the Cougs as the darling of Seattle fans.

Bandwagon fans are fickle, FIFY. I have no doubt that JS will be a Duck fan regardless of wins or losses, same for you with the Dawgs, and myself with the Trojans.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Previous

It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:30 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information