Sorry, Seahawks, your time has passed. Seattle is Husky town

Uncle Si

Reaction score
No, no it's not.

It is nice to see the Husky's starting to regain some foothold of relevance in the college football world though.

getnasty

Reaction score
Yeah until UW gets spanked week 1 and the Hawks look good against Denver.

drrew

Reaction score
As a UW employee and big Husky fan, I can state emphatically that even on campus, more people are Seahawk fans vs UW football fans and it's not very close.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

drrew":3afkj6k4 said:
As a UW employee and big Husky fan, I can state emphatically that even on campus, more people are Seahawk fans vs UW football fans and it's not very close.

Perhaps, but in 80's and 90's it was just the opposite. Things change.

kobebryant

Reaction score
As a Washington grad I get the excitement. But the alumni base and student body of a given institution is only so big, and I can't foresee it overtaking the only NFL team in the region. At least not in the south anyway.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

kobebryant":p0r9x673 said:
As a Washington grad I get the excitement. But the alumni base and student body of a given institution is only so big, and I can't foresee it overtaking the only NFL team in the region. At least not in the south anyway.

I don't know how old you are but the Huskies didn't depend on the alumni and student body for their fan base. The alumni will always be fans no matter what, but the Huskies in the DJ era had more non-alumni fans that alumni.

That isn't to say that you can't be fans of both teams but the team that is vying for championships is always going to be more popular.

Here's an article that breaks it down:

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... -seahawks/

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seattle could be 5-9 heading into that final games this year while the Huskies line up against Bama in the Playoff and the Seahawks would still draw more attention.

The two teams aren't passing each other in the scales of balance quite yet.

Huskies keep winning for a few years and the Hawks don't, then sure, it could return to the 80s. But even that time situation is difficult to recapture. The Huskies had been a national elite program for awhile and the Hawks were just getting their feet on the ground.

Rooting for the Huskies either way.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Uncle Si":1bbji83b said:
Seattle could be 5-10 this year while the Huskies line up against Bama in the Playoff and the Seahawks would still draw more attention.

Baloney, I don't know where you're from, but you clearly don't know this town very well.

I love the Seahawks but they can't ride that Super Bowl forever, especially if the Huskies get really hot.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
DomeHawk":138m24cf said:
Uncle Si":138m24cf said:
Seattle could be 5-10 this year while the Huskies line up against Bama in the Playoff and the Seahawks would still draw more attention.

Baloney, I don't know where you're from, but you clearly don't know this town very well.

I love the Seahawks but they can't ride that Super Bowl forever, especially if the Huskies get really hot.

Born and raised in Seattle.

I know the town just fine, hotshot.

I also know that the Huskies at their absolute apex never amassed the attention the Seahawks have gotten.

Yeah, they cant ride their Super Bowl forever. but right now, they are riding it fine. (per the rest of the post you didnt bother to quote)

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Uncle Si":3pfa6kj3 said:
DomeHawk":3pfa6kj3 said:
Uncle Si":3pfa6kj3 said:

I also know that the Huskies at their absolute apex never amassed the attention the Seahawks have gotten.

Yeah, they cant ride their Super Bowl forever. but right now, they are riding it fine. (per the rest of the post you didnt bother to quote)

It's a ridiculous post, a 5 and 9 team garners more attention than a team in the CFP?

Nominated.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
fenderbender123":1uy7vqf1 said:
There is room for both.

Yeah Of course and it’s great the huskies are returning to prominence. Important for the city and pac 12 and a better rep for the conference than flashy but no substance Oregon

Uncle Si

Reaction score
DomeHawk":dugm271d said:
Uncle Si":dugm271d said:
DomeHawk":dugm271d said:
Uncle Si":dugm271d said:

It's a ridiculous post, a 5 and 9 team garners more attention than a team in the CFP?

Nominated.

Yes. The downfall of the Seahawks would still garner more attention than the continued rise of the huskies. As explained in the posts.

What’s ridiculous is the post suggesting Seattle has suddenly turned to a college football city (which it hasn’t really been interested since the early 90s) based on two strong seasons by the huskies and one mediocre one from the Seahawks.

To be clear, big fan of husky football and excited for today’s game.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Uncle Si":3ljsjz6e said:
DomeHawk":3ljsjz6e said:
Uncle Si":3ljsjz6e said:
DomeHawk":3ljsjz6e said:

Nominated.

Yes. The downfall of the Seahawks would still garner more attention than the continued rise of the huskies. As explained in the posts.

What’s ridiculous is the post suggesting Seattle has suddenly turned to a college football city (which it hasn’t really been interested since the early 90s) based on two strong seasons by the huskies and one mediocre one from the Seahawks.

To be clear, big fan of husky football and excited for today’s game.

The title of the post is a link to an article in the Times. My "post" stated that it was too early to proclaim that.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
So again, commenting on the point of the post... and it’s title.

Settle in and enjoy the game

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
When we get a good QB it will be Husky town.

This team has to start winning bowl games for people to latch back onto them and they won't do that until the QB situation improves drastically.

The Seahawks don't have to worry for at least another year or two.

Latest posts