Washington vs. Auburn

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Not a fan of the Huskies shirts. :(

Huskies down 6. Prevented the 2 pt. conversion.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Still having Browning is going to be big.

I cannot fathom ranking any football team led by Browning in the top 10.

He isn't a top 10 QB and never had been.

I am aware he is the best we have but this team always has to overcome that giant gaping void at QB that has been there the entire time Browning has been here. He can beat the mediocre teams and our defense and skill players have generally been able to make up for him.

But you cannot rank a team in the top 10 with that kind of QB.

EDIT: And as if on cue, he throws an INT

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Huskies were not going to be good this year.

We lost a lot of talent to the draft. One of our best WR. Our best defensive players.

And we are still stuck with Browning.

The sad part is Auburn isn't even that great. Just better than we are.

Still wearing my Husky gear though.

D

DomeHawk

Run right side behind Kaleb, only play we have.

Their QB is great!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
That’s the spirit TH
Made it half way through first quarter of first game

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Huge Husky fan Si.

Been watching Browning for enough years that I know what to expect.

Go watch film of poor John Ross waiting on the 'throw' from Browning, dodging 3 guys and then getting into the EZ. I get that Browning gets credit for it, but no.

It isn't Browning's fault. He is trying his best. He just isn't very good. Unfortunately, you need a good QB to be effective against the best teams.

He is scrapping but he just doesn't have the talent or ability to be a valuable dependable weapon against a top tier defense.

Look he just got a great pass off that was caught due to the great play by the WR. Then he gets gifted with a roughing penalty (correctly called but it put him in the RZ). Still, he couldn't turn it into a TD or barely get positive yardage at all. Because he isn't that good. And that was after being walked to the EZ and given every opportunity to score.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3jd51mqu said:
Huge Husky fan Si.

Been watching Browning for enough years that I know what to expect.

Go watch film of poor John Ross waiting on the 'throw' from Browning, dodging 3 guys and then getting into the EZ. I get that Browning gets credit for it, but no.

It isn't Browning's fault. He is trying his best. He just isn't very good. Unfortunately, you need a good QB to be effective against the best teams.

He is scrapping but he just doesn't have the talent or ability to be a valuable dependable weapon against a top tier defense.

Look he just got a great pass off that was caught due to the great play by the WR. Then he gets gifted with a roughing penalty (correctly called but it put him in the RZ). Still, he couldn't turn it into a TD or barely get positive yardage at all. Because he isn't that good. And that was after being walked to the EZ and given every opportunity to score.

I get it

But Christ, the season is 15 minutes old. Let it play out a bit before telling us all how shite it will be

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Yawning difference between being a crappy team and just having a mediocre QB Si.

But Auburn is probably a #15 team at end of season, maybe #12. #9 right now. You aren't going to beat a team of that level without a good QB.

That doesn't mean this team isn't very good.

We should be in a Bowl. We should be #2 in the Pac-12 probably, maybe #1 depending on how weak the Pac-12 is.

One game is a not a season. But expecting this team to compete against an Auburn in essentially a road game with the quality of QB we have? Pretty rough to do.

I expect a lot of great games from the Huskies. We have been highly ranked and in solid bowl games even WITH Browning at QB. Doesn't at all imply I think the season is shite, just think this game is a mismatch.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
You literally said “the huskies were not going to be good this year”

Start a Browning thread. (Or bump one of your many Browning critiques in previous threads) Think this is a game thread.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
The longer UW keeps it close, the more nervous that Auburn team will get and they may start pressing.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Good is a subjective term.

I don't see them in the top 10 or top 15. So I don't see them beating what I see as a #15 team.

Then again, they are knocking at the door.

Maybe Gaskin can punch this in.

Edit:
That last throw by Browning was perfect. Jones needed to catch that. You want to be Top 10 team? You make those catches.

That said, that QB draw was idiotic. Not Browning's fault either.