AP Top-25

HawkGA

Reaction score
About as good as could be expected for a loss. They gained some respect, even if they didn't win. I still don't think they will make the playoffs, but there is a lot of football between then and now.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

HawkGA":34t60lw1 said:
About as good as could be expected for a loss. They gained some respect, even if they didn't win. I still don't think they will make the playoffs, but there is a lot of football between then and now.

It's a tough road to be sure and at the risk of it sounding like an excuse, without Trey Adams and Hunter Bryant, this isn't the offense we were counting on.

Looking forward to the Utah game (hope the team isn't). I think that game might give us a better idea where this team is heading.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

The simple fact is that the Huskies will have to run the table to even get consideration for the CFP. Even achieving that difficult task, it would probably also need Auburn to not be mediocre for addl validation. An 8-4, 7-5 Auburn record would take much away from the closeness of their game.

Given the fact that they have lost two of their most important components on offense, with likely more injuries to follow, it would probably take a Herculean effort at this point. They would have to get through what looks to be a very strong Stanford squad and even if they did, a probable Pac-12 championship game with USC. There will be other tough games too with Oregon, Utah, etc.

I always felt this team had the potential to go a long way but it takes a little luck too. Udub doesn't get yearly top-10 recruiting classes and it's unlikely that they ever will, so it's a strike-while-the-iron-is-hot kinda thing. I'm excited about Eason as QB next year but he won't have quite the supporting cast.

In either case: IT'S GREAT TO BE A HUSKY!!!

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'd say there is a 90% chance they make the playoffs if they win out. They'll have the benefit of having a close loss on the road against a ranked SEC opponent as well as recency bias since the loss would have come in game 1 during the season. "They've won their last 11 games in a row" will sound really nice to the committee.

The only problem is that the PAC-12 is the hardest conference to go undefeated. Luckily every other PAC-12 team looks like shit this year.

HawkGA

Reaction score
fenderbender123":1glj0oyo said:
I'd say there is a 90% chance they make the playoffs if they win out. They'll have the benefit of having a close loss on the road against a ranked SEC opponent as well as recency bias since the loss would have come in game 1 during the season. "They've won their last 11 games in a row" will sound really nice to the committee.

The only problem is that the PAC-12 is the hardest conference to go undefeated. Luckily every other PAC-12 team looks like shit this year.

Your last two sentences contradict each other. The last sentence is true but the first one is laughable

sdog1981

Reaction score
HawkGA":tbvb394b said:
fenderbender123":tbvb394b said:

Your last two sentences contradict each other. The last sentence is true but the first one is laughable

He is right only one team has gone undefeated in conference play since they started the 9 game conference schedule.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
HawkGA":3t9r77yf said:
fenderbender123":3t9r77yf said:

Why do you say that?

If the Huskies win out and win the conference they will be sitting at 1 loss to a top SEC team on the road, will likely have one of the 5 best records in the nation, and will also have a conference championship which one of those other 4 teams will not have.

I don't see how they contradict.

HawkGA

Reaction score
The two sentences I was referring to was that the PAC-12 is the hardest division to go undefeated in AND the PAC-12 has crappy teams.

HawkGA

Reaction score
SEC, ACC, Big-10, Oklahoma start out above the PAC-12 champion. Notre Dame stands in the way, potentially too.

So it's not like it can't happen or won't happen if UW wins out, but the definitely still need things to fall a certain way. They are far from a 90% chance to make it if they win out.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":2d8m911n said:
SEC, ACC, Big-10, Oklahoma start out above the PAC-12 champion. Notre Dame stands in the way, potentially too.

So it's not like it can't happen or won't happen if UW wins out, but the definitely still need things to fall a certain way. They are far from a 90% chance to make it if they win out.

Why do so many "SEC fans" feel so desperate for validation that they need to try to put down other conferences?

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'm not putting them down, I'm just stating a fact. I greatly enjoyed when UW made through playoffs. I'd like to some day see WSU get in there. I'm just trying to bring some UW fans back to reality about their chances of getting in. Fair or not, do you disagree that, for this year at least, the SEC, ACC, Big-10, and Big-12 start out as the most likely conferences to get in the CFP?

Again, not saying it is fair. I kind of think the Big-12 is garbage but the media will slobber over Oklahoma if given the chance. And don't get me started on the love Notre Dame will get if they have a good season.

But a one loss Oklahoma and a one loss Notre Dame would both have a better shot of getting in the playoffs than a one loss PAC-12 team.

Latest posts