Stanford vs USC

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Cardinal are shutting out USC in the first half, 14-0. SC looks sloppy. A lot of drops by them. And they seem to have issues keeping contain.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/FOXSports/status/1038592365978513409[/tweet]

2nd TD came as a result of USC's decision to go for it on 4th and 2 near the end of the half.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
SC's issues with containment are showing up again. 50+ yard run by Love to the outside.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Terrible game. We don’t have TEs who can catch or block. Really missing Daniel I. O-line isn’t improving. Receivers are dropping passes or JT is off the mark. They need to work on timing and chemistry. And the playing calling, especially on offense, is predictable and uninspiring.

I like Clay a lot. He’s a hell of a good guy. But if he doesn’t make changes, he’s not going to survive long term.

D

DomeHawk

sc85sis":2i4t3t3n said:
Terrible game. We don’t have TEs who can catch or block. Really missing Daniel I. O-line isn’t improving. Receivers are dropping passes or JT is off the mark. They need to work on timing and chemistry. And the playing calling, especially on offense, is predictable and uninspiring.

I like Clay a lot. He’s a hell of a good guy. But if he doesn’t make changes, he’s not going to survive long term.

The thing about USC is in years where they don't return a lot of starters they get progressively better as the season goes on. With all those elite recruits the team they are at the end of the season may not resemble the team at the start.

sc85sis

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2ai5gda7 said:
sc85sis":2ai5gda7 said:

The thing about USC is in years where they don't return a lot of starters they get progressively better as the season goes on. With all those elite recruits the team they are at the end of the season may not resemble the team at the start.

JT will definitely improve. He’s a true freshman who left HS a year early. He just needs reps. I would expect him and the WRs to do better as they develop chemistry.

My concern remains the o-line and play calling. Both have been issues for a few years now.