Washington at Utah

D

DomeHawk

Uncle Si":2veg6pyk said:
How is Utah this year?

They beat up on Weber St and then had a less than stellar outing against N. Illinois. Doesn't seem to matter though because they always play us tough and last year we had to score 10 points in the final minute to beat them.

Kyle Whittingham is a really good coach but hasn't be able to attract the level of talent he would like to have and the Utes have the 39th ranked composite talent ranking compared to the Husky's 24th ranking.

Also looking forward to the #7Auburn - #11LSU matchup at noon? LSU is looking better than expected and we need an Auburn win here to aid in our SOS.

#22USC also needs a win today against unranked Texas or they will join the unranked come Monday.

Oregon continues with their cupcake schedule against San Jose St. Not much to be gleaned there.

WSU plays the always dangerous Eastern Washington Eagles and no, I am not kidding.

Stanford is currently losing to UC Davis but don't expect that to last.

The future Pac-12 South champion, ASU, plays San Diego St. Everything to lose, not much to win.

UCLA plays Fresno St. which is favored, and the former genius known as Chip Kelly is desperately looking for his first win as UCLA's coach.

And that is my totally amateurish Pac-12 report for 9/15/2018

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900 ... skies.html

https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Footb ... Composite/

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Washington is only favored by 4, this will probably be our toughest game of the year. Utah has one of the best home field advantages in the conference. Won't be easy.

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
It could come down to who has the ball last. It would help a lot to have a strong showing.

D

DomeHawk

Hawk-Lock":1tplysa6 said:
Washington is only favored by 4, this will probably be our toughest game of the year. Utah has one of the best home field advantages in the conference. Won't be easy.

It's -4.5 and I thought we were -6 at one time but I guess the spread is moving as we get closer to the game.

Stanford looks right now to be our toughest game this year but you're right, I don't expect this game to be easy.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Alabama-Ole Miss is the ESPN game before UW. It's only 3 hours before but it seems like college games tend to run long. Does ESPN do the local thing and switch to UW in the Seattle market or will even Seattle residents have to wait for the conclusion of the Alabama-Ole Miss game?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
HawkGA":2rlnaeuu said:
Alabama-Ole Miss is the ESPN game before UW. It's only 3 hours before but it seems like college games tend to run long. Does ESPN do the local thing and switch to UW in the Seattle market or will even Seattle residents have to wait for the conclusion of the Alabama-Ole Miss game?
I guarantee you the Alabama-Ole Miss game will be closer to 4 hours than 3. Which means the first quarter of the UW-Utah game will most likely air on ESPNews.

HawkGA

Reaction score
SeatownJay":27ku2yqu said:
Good news for Washington's non-conference SOS as BYU just beat #6 Wisconsin.

Was just coming on to post this. More importantly it helps weaken the Big-10. Will likely be moot if Ohio State wins the conference, but if Wisconsin wins it, a good argument could be made to include the PAC-12 champion instead of the Big-10 champ.

D

DomeHawk

SeatownJay":tzg9dbvj said:
And now their non-conference SOS takes a hit as Auburn loses at home to LSU.

Only if they lose a few more.

There's an upside, #6 and #7 lose, a chance to move up.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I still think UW's chances are going to depend a lot more on what happens with the other conferences and Notre Dame than anything UW can do or how their resume will look. A TCU win tonight over Ohio State would help.

And just for the record, I don't actually expect Notre Dame to be there at the end of the season, but at least for now they are in the mix.

D

DomeHawk

HawkGA":32mc3hh9 said:
I still think UW's chances are going to depend a lot more on what happens with the other conferences and Notre Dame than anything UW can do or how their resume will look. A TCU win tonight over Ohio State would help.

And just for the record, I don't actually expect Notre Dame to be there at the end of the season, but at least for now they are in the mix.

Well yeah, and the simple fact that they have to win every gawd-damned game on a schedule that suddenly looks much tougher.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1utmlsi0 said:
SeatownJay":1utmlsi0 said:
And now their non-conference SOS takes a hit as Auburn loses at home to LSU.

Only if they lose a few more.

There's an upside, #6 and #7 lose, a chance to move up.
Auburn still has road games against Mississippi State, Georgia, and Alabama left. It's entirely possible they end the season 8-4 now.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah awful loss by Auburn, that totally blew that game. Some costly third down penalties. The loss will hurt UW a bit, but BYU just went into Wisconsin and won, so if we can beat them that would be a solid win. The schedule looked a lot weaker before the season started, we could have plenty of top 25 games.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
These announcers are trash. They aren’t even calling plays sometimes talking about random crap.