2019 NFL Draft

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Are we allowed to throw out ideas and opinions of who you want.....or is it waaaaaay too soon.

I'd like to discuss this since I see this season is almost completely shot....even though it's only been 2 games.

Top 5 pick here we come!!!!!

chris98251

Reaction score
Discuss all you want, but if we turn the tide you may look the fool for your top 5 pick statement.

sdog1981

Reaction score
The worst would be if the team went 7-9 just sitting there in the low teens.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
sdog1981":2d4cdbc5 said:
Say it ain't so, man!!!!! That's terrifying!!!

Top 5!!!

Can we finally get a good offensive lineman?!?!

Chawker

Reaction score
sdog1981":2hdon7m4 said:

This is exactly whats going to happen at this years end. And its not so bad of a position to be in, we don't have to pay top ten money for a player who fell to us.
Cheers

kobebryant

Reaction score
There should be some really good edge prospects in the low teens and beyond. Sweat, Burns, Polite, Winovich amongst others.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Funny how things change in a few weeks. We're likely 7-9 now at worst assuming we beat 9ers twice, Arizona and Detroit. Other tougher games are at home as well which helps.

What pass rushers should we be looking at? Defensive ends and replacements for KJ?

Possibly a replacement for Baldwin?

chris98251

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":1xwrm17l said:
Funny how things change in a few weeks. We're likely 7-9 now at worst assuming we beat 9ers twice, Arizona and Detroit. Other tougher games are at home as well which helps.

What pass rushers should we be looking at? Defensive ends and replacements for KJ?

For what reason? We should be replacing Wilson if it's for the reason I think your posting this for, he will be more expensive and we know that Cap comes out of every fans pocket.

Given the amount we pay him and what he means to the team and to our QB this is like saying hey Largent has been here a few years lets unload him.

Chawker

Reaction score
Ok, here's a player to check out: Texas Tech LB #40 Dokata Allen 6' 1" 235 projected 4th to 6th round, plays both mike and will LB. He has a nose for finding the ball and attacks. Plays both the run and pass, and he stands out around the goal line. Worth checking him out! Cheers

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Kaden Smith, TE from stanford
Jonah Williams, OT from Alabama
Zach Allen, DE from Boston College

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1e2pxufs said:
Glasgow Seahawk":1e2pxufs said:

For what reason? We should be replacing Wilson if it's for the reason I think your posting this for, he will be more expensive and we know that Cap comes out of every fans pocket.

Given the amount we pay him and what he means to the team and to our QB this is like saying hey Largent has been here a few years lets unload him.

I don't think it's regarding the cost. His contract basically can't easily be shed before it expires in 2020. Remember he restructured in order to accommodate Sheldon Richardson. So it's no longer a team friendly deal.

I expect it'd be because he'll be 32 when that time comes. Honestly, it's not a horrible notion. Don't think of him as a 'replacement' for Doug. More a successor who happens to learn from one of the best and maybe even form a great triple threat with Baldwin and Lockett.

I would sure rather get a great WR if available than whatever garbage we've gotten in R1/R2 for the last six years because of 'need'. That's a whole different draft philosophy discussion though.

As for the above suggestion -- I didn't see it as trying to force Doug out the door or to try and trade him for picks. More of a realistic nod that continuity of WR talent during the ebb prime years of Wilson is important. And if we wait until we have to have a receiver it's a very low probability that a great one will be available. And given the average time it takes for good WR talent to reach maturity -- planning ahead at that position is wise.

sdog1981":1e2pxufs said:

Not necessarily.

Although the draft position isn't ideal, how you achieved that record is crucial.

If you're ascending, with a decent allotment of core players who are coalescing into a strong foundation, then draft position really doesn't matter. Because you already have your core established and you're filling out role players and hopefully getting star talent for down the road.

If you're middling, with no real direction of how to win, or with core players that are ill fitting and more just a collection of talent than a good mix of talent -- that's the worst. There are plenty of teams out there that fit this billing. Rudderless and aimless. Their drafts year to year belie a constipated philosophy of how to win in this league.

Honestly, I still expect us to be around 7-9 or 8-8. But I feel that this team is not looking to create its core. It seems to already have that. The fact that we're not making a lot of picks in this draft is not a huge liability for me. It's deep where we need it. And results aside, it should feel like we've found our identity.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
How about receiver this upcoming draft?

N'Keal Harry??? Arizona State.

Good size. Great route runner. Good speed.

Considered top 2 receiver in this draft. If Seattle picks top 16, he can slip to Seattle.

What y'all think??!

DJrmb

Reaction score
You're first round pick this year has to be a pass rusher in my opinion.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":17k6f9kl said:
How about receiver this upcoming draft?

N'Keal Harry??? Arizona State.

Good size. Great route runner. Good speed.

Considered top 2 receiver in this draft. If Seattle picks top 16, he can slip to Seattle.

What y'all think??!

If you're throwing 25 passes by design, then the pick has limited potential at that position.

This is a team that wants to win by running the ball, and by a stifling defense. They don't have the latter. In a draft where defense is loaded it makes little sense to go WR early. Seems like a 'nice to have' pick when you have 'gotta have' needs and a talent pool rich in prospects to fill those needs.

knownone

Reaction score
DJrmb":13iz3jhb said:
You're first round pick this year has to be a pass rusher in my opinion.
I don't know if there is any validity to this but I've heard this class is predicted to be one of the best drafts in years for passing rushing tackles.

12forlife

Reaction score
I would be a happy man if we got Rashan Gary DL Michigan in the 1st Rd.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3mskwtlh said:
Kaden Smith, TE from stanford
Jonah Williams, OT from Alabama
Zach Allen, DE from Boston College

I still stand by this. I would also add Andrew Wingard from Wyoming with ET3 being gone for sure. That kid can BALL!

[youtube]fjsl-tKqDGA[/youtube]

hawkfan68

Reaction score
While WR is a need, I believe the biggest need is on defense. They need LB and Edge Rusher are the two biggest needs. Even if Mychal Kendricks is back next season, they are still short on LB side. The good thing is that this draft is shaping up to be a strong DL draft.

Devin White, LB, LSU
Dakota Allen, LB, Texas Tech
Zach Allen, DE, Boston College
Austin Bryant, DE, Clemson
Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson
Josh Allen, DE, Kentucky

For WR, there probably will be a few good receivers in the middle rounds (day 2 or 3) of the draft -
JJ Arcega Whiteside, WR, Stanford
Hakeem Butler, WR, Iowa St
Collin Johnson, WR , Texas

chris98251

Reaction score
Time to close this thread, we wasted the chance to get a top 5 pick now.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
chris98251":1u2tof57 said:
Time to close this thread, we wasted the chance to get a top 5 pick now.

Unless we trade ET3 and KJ to the Browns for their first two draft picks.

Latest posts