Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

WSU at USC.

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
WSU at USC.
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:44 pm
  • Two weeks ago, I would have said USC by 3 TDs. If WSU can stay out of their own way, I think they're the better team, now.
    0118 999 881 999 119 725 3
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Re: WSU at USC.
Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:49 pm
  • That missed holding call was pretty obvious.. and a BIG non call
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:20 pm
  • Nice job by the Cougs settling down after the first drive by USC.
    0118 999 881 999 119 725 3
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:23 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:Nice job by the Cougs settling down after the first drive by USC.

That first drive was scary.

Great methodical drive by cougs for the TD.
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:20 pm
  • Minshew has been very impressive so far. Color me impressed
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:08 pm
  • Well .. sht...

I wish pac12 refs weren't so god awful. So many bad calls and non-calls for and against both teams I have no idea what the score really should have been.

I don't know if Leach or Minshew was calling those run plays at the end, but they need to stop doing that on 3rd and >5.
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:07 pm
  • Agreed on the 3rd and 6 run calle up the middle. Terrible strategy there especially when you don't have a great kicker. Would've been better to just do Leach's usual pass attack and gone for it on 4th.

Very hard fought, tough loss for the Cougs. They'll have a good season though with a solid Minshew leading them.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:10 pm
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:20 pm
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:27 am
  • KitsapGuy wrote:

What in the world was he thinking?? Wasn't the box stacked?
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:43 am
  • KitsapGuy wrote:

:ditto:

If that wasn't clear, I don't know what is.

That may have been a factor in the run play call on 3rd down- Minshew was clearly bleeding around his mouth piece after that hit.

Then the left guard fell down on the field goal and it was over. Cougs could have won that game, and probably should have.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:44 pm
  • Grahamhawker wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:

That may have been a factor in the run play call on 3rd down- Minshew was clearly bleeding around his mouth piece after that hit.

Then the left guard fell down on the field goal and it was over. Cougs could have won that game, and probably should have.

They missed one on the Cougs too. Daniels took a knee on a fumbled snap, ref blew the whistle and while he was on a knee the Coug drilled him in the head.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:26 am
  • Anajimmc wrote:
    Grahamhawker wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:

They missed one on the Cougs too. Daniels took a knee on a fumbled snap, ref blew the whistle and while he was on a knee the Coug drilled him in the head.

Uhhh, what? They flagged him and USC got the 15 yard penalty. The refs reviewed it and said it wasn't targeting because it was trying to let up but hit momentum carried him into the QB.

The one above wasn't flagged or reviewed, despite being more blatant and in a critical part of the game. They flag that play and we are first and goal on the 10 yard line vs 2nd and 10 on the 25. Good chance we get a TD or atleast have a better shot at making the FG.
    dutchcoug
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:36 am
  • dutchcoug wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:
    Grahamhawker wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:

Uhhh, what? They flagged him and USC got the 15 yard penalty. The refs reviewed it and said it wasn't targeting because it was trying to let up but hit momentum carried him into the QB.

The one above wasn't flagged or reviewed, despite being more blatant and in a critical part of the game. They flag that play and we are first and goal on the 10 yard line vs 2nd and 10 on the 25. Good chance we get a TD or atleast have a better shot at making the FG.

I was talking about targeting, not the roughing penalty, which both deserved.

He didn't let up, he put the crown of his head into the kneeling players head, the announcers, were shocked it was not called as they were with the Gustin hit.

Point in the game is irrelevant.

The guy took a knee he was a sitting duck and got drilled in the head, at least the Gustin hit happened during the course of a play.

My point is they're either both targeting or not targeting, not much difference from one to the other.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:48 am
  • WSU, with the 56th best composite talent, gives USC, with the 4th best composite talent, all they can handle.

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Footb ... Composite/
    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

- Darius Rucker
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:33 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information