WSU at USC.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Maulbert":2ei09dtj said:
Nice job by the Cougs settling down after the first drive by USC.

That first drive was scary.

Great methodical drive by cougs for the TD.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Well .. sht...

I wish pac12 refs weren't so god awful. So many bad calls and non-calls for and against both teams I have no idea what the score really should have been.

I don't know if Leach or Minshew was calling those run plays at the end, but they need to stop doing that on 3rd and >5.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Agreed on the 3rd and 6 run calle up the middle. Terrible strategy there especially when you don't have a great kicker. Would've been better to just do Leach's usual pass attack and gone for it on 4th.

Very hard fought, tough loss for the Cougs. They'll have a good season though with a solid Minshew leading them.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":bqdfhixr said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronQ13Fox/status/1043395879745404928[/tweet]

What in the world was he thinking?? Wasn't the box stacked?

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":k3gdiyco said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DarnayTripp/status/1043396005935308800[/tweet]
:ditto:

If that wasn't clear, I don't know what is.

That may have been a factor in the run play call on 3rd down- Minshew was clearly bleeding around his mouth piece after that hit.

Then the left guard fell down on the field goal and it was over. Cougs could have won that game, and probably should have.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":1y94n64w said:
KitsapGuy":1y94n64w said:

That may have been a factor in the run play call on 3rd down- Minshew was clearly bleeding around his mouth piece after that hit.

Then the left guard fell down on the field goal and it was over. Cougs could have won that game, and probably should have.
They missed one on the Cougs too. Daniels took a knee on a fumbled snap, ref blew the whistle and while he was on a knee the Coug drilled him in the head.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Anajimmc":27ezuk4a said:
Grahamhawker":27ezuk4a said:
KitsapGuy":27ezuk4a said:

They missed one on the Cougs too. Daniels took a knee on a fumbled snap, ref blew the whistle and while he was on a knee the Coug drilled him in the head.

Uhhh, what? They flagged him and USC got the 15 yard penalty. The refs reviewed it and said it wasn't targeting because it was trying to let up but hit momentum carried him into the QB.

The one above wasn't flagged or reviewed, despite being more blatant and in a critical part of the game. They flag that play and we are first and goal on the 10 yard line vs 2nd and 10 on the 25. Good chance we get a TD or atleast have a better shot at making the FG.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
dutchcoug":3138ohtk said:
Anajimmc":3138ohtk said:
Grahamhawker":3138ohtk said:
KitsapGuy":3138ohtk said:

Uhhh, what? They flagged him and USC got the 15 yard penalty. The refs reviewed it and said it wasn't targeting because it was trying to let up but hit momentum carried him into the QB.

The one above wasn't flagged or reviewed, despite being more blatant and in a critical part of the game. They flag that play and we are first and goal on the 10 yard line vs 2nd and 10 on the 25. Good chance we get a TD or atleast have a better shot at making the FG.

I was talking about targeting, not the roughing penalty, which both deserved.

He didn't let up, he put the crown of his head into the kneeling players head, the announcers, were shocked it was not called as they were with the Gustin hit.

Point in the game is irrelevant.

The guy took a knee he was a sitting duck and got drilled in the head, at least the Gustin hit happened during the course of a play.

My point is they're either both targeting or not targeting, not much difference from one to the other.

Latest posts