Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

#11 UW is a 17-point favorite over #20 BYU?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Who is this oddsmaker? Last week I mentioned that in the world of sport's betting the 17.5 point spread against ASU was the kind of gem I looked for when I was sport's betting. This week it's 17 points against a team that went into Madison and beat a #6 Wisconsin on the road.

I don't ever bet against my own team but this looks like it might be another good bet statistically. But, don't take my word for it, it's college football, anything can happen.

Good article that at least partially reinforces my point: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/279 ... tting-pick
    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

- Darius Rucker
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• That seems pretty high.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• Seems way high, I’d take the points.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Outwith Oregon, WSU and Stanford, this is one game I do not want to lose. Going to my brother in laws in Salt Lake for Thanksgiving and don't want him and any other of their fans reminding me that they beat us and effed our season.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Well, I guess it wasn't too big of a point spread.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• HawkGA wrote:Well, I guess it wasn't too big of a point spread.

I was at the game, BYU is better than the score indicated. If a couple of things had went different in the first half they wouldn't have had to go so far away from their game plan. I actually thought that their OC was pretty inventive with some of the plays they executed. In the end though, they just couldn't match our team speed.
    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

- Darius Rucker
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• Never underestimate an odd Vegas spread. They just know things we don’t.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

• I'm pretty sure the Vegas spread has nothing to do with what 'they' think of a team. I think it has to do with where the points need to be in order to lure the general public into betting 50% for each team so that Vegas doesn't lose money. If you ask me, using the spread is just like asking a bunch of random people what they think.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• GeekHawk wrote:I'm pretty sure the Vegas spread has nothing to do with what 'they' think of a team. I think it has to do with where the points need to be in order to lure the general public into betting 50% for each team so that Vegas doesn't lose money. If you ask me, using the spread is just like asking a bunch of random people what they think.

From a reformed sport's bettor: This is true with the opening odds but it typically wouldn't be drastically different from closing odds that are usually 1 to 2 points different. No offense, but it's somewhat of a myth that Vegas will offer drastically unrealistic odds to draw bets. There are plenty of whales out there that will jump on that and they don't want to be stuck with handing out wheelbarrows of cash.

- Darius Rucker
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• BYU didn't look like a top 20 team. I'm guessing they may have had injuries but even then that was a total ass kicking, their offense did nothing and would have had zero points if not for that punt return fumble at the end of the game. Hard to believe they beat Wisconsin away and Arizona in the desert.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Don't be shocked if BYU loses at home on Thursday to Utah State.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:58 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information