2019 Postional need / FA's lost

Chawker

Reaction score
Earl Thomas has played his last down as a Seattle Seahawk, so drafting a safty or a DB somewhere along the line is a given. And as it stand right now we could use a LB and a edge rusher.

On the offensive side, if we are picking (hypothetically) 17th and RB Bryce Love is still on the board, do we pass on him or do we have the need to improve our running attack? When it comes to OL this is always a area of improvement , I'd say Right tackle is one position for alot of fasle starts and other penaltys. Say we're happy with our run game a TE Noah Fant is still on the board, we could use another TE right now.

I'm unaware of who up for FA, and its a long ways off. But its fun to have something to mentally to chew on.
CHEERS

A-Dog

Reaction score
We need top edge defenders regardless of whether we resign Clark. That should be priority 1, 2, and 3. Luckily it’s a good draft for that. I don’t see any other position that is a glaring need.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Agreed, edge rusher is huge and this is the perfect draft to get a good one. Frank has been a monster but against good teams it'll look like the Chris Clemons days, need someone on the other side who consistently gets pressure too.

I'm sure Pete will draft 2-3 secondary players. Probably a lineman or two to develop. If a dynamic playmaker on offense is there in round 2 I would hope they snag him since it looks like we've got the starting secondary locked up for awhile.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Great draft for edge rushers at any spot in the first. They just have to decide who they like in the spot they're picking.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Pass rushers.

They are notoriously difficult to acquire outside of the draft. All teams need several of them to succeed. Miss rates are notoriously high. UFA options tend to enter quarterback dollars pretty quickly. This draft class has a lot of them.

Usually, this has meant Seattle will move back in order to make a pick. Although recent history (picking Penny and missing on King), suggests that Seattle's philosophy has changed somewhat to a point where we don't want other teams entirely doing our picking for us.

Depending where we are and how the run on talent has gone, I would be surprised if we move back a great deal. Don't see us adding more than an additional 4th round selection.

Beyond that, I would just as soon we don't factor needs at all. Our best drafting was the result of just taking talent. And our most abject failures were picking need positions, allowing talented players pass the board at positions that would be need positions a scant 12 months later. Resulting in another forced need pick that resulted in a bad pick while allowing talent to pass the board. It's a vicious cycle that promotes bad draft after bad draft.

D

DomeHawk

A-Dog":2m8p0h00 said:
We need top edge defenders regardless of whether we resign Clark. That should be priority 1, 2, and 3. Luckily it’s a good draft for that. I don’t see any other position that is a glaring need.

They were talking about this very thing today on KJR. The topic centered around the fact that Frank Clark is being double-teamed every game.

Latest posts