Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Washington at California

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Washington at California
Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:50 am
  • Easson is going to stay HOPEFULLY for two seasons
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:25 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:I dont like knee jerk reactions from coaches

Unless it works :)

This OC is a nightmare

^^^^This

Coach Petersen is a great program coach and for the most part a good game-day coach but for some inexplicable reason he is inclined to make absolutely horrible game-time decisions at the most critical times of the game.

Putting in a rookie QB that has NEVER played one single down against an FBS school when we are backed up on our own 10-yd line? It's freaking unbelievable? We all were mumbling, "he's going to throw an INT." No surprise there.

I think it can be reasonable argued that he has possibly cost us all three games this season. At the time of every one of those decisions I have been watching the game in a room with former college football players, and current high school football players. Virtually every single one of us was up yelling at the TV asking WTH he was doing each time!
    Apple Cup Week: "I've always felt that being a Cougar prepares you for life. You learn not to expect too much."
    --UW Coach Don James
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:44 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:I dont like knee jerk reactions from coaches

This OC is a nightmare

Oh, and I forgot, yes this OC is a nightmare, and I have heard rumors that was part of the exchange between Jake and Coach Petersen on the sidelines.
    Apple Cup Week: "I've always felt that being a Cougar prepares you for life. You learn not to expect too much."
    --UW Coach Don James
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:41 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:I dont like knee jerk reactions from coaches

This OC is a nightmare

^^^^This

Coach Petersen is a great program coach and for the most part a good game-day coach but for some inexplicable reason he is inclined to make absolutely horrible game-time decisions at the most critical times of the game.

Putting in a rookie QB that has NEVER played one single down against an FBS school when we are backed up on our own 10-yd line? It's freaking unbelievable? We all were mumbling, "he's going to throw an INT." No surprise there.

I think it can be reasonable argued that he has possibly cost us all three games this season. At the time of every one of those decisions I have been watching the game in a room with former college football players, and current high school football players. Virtually every single one of us was up yelling at the TV asking WTH he was doing each time!

Certainly think this decision and his decision to sit on the ball with 20 seconds left against Oregon to set up the field goal both were very costly.

Live and learn.

I'm glad he is coaching the Huskies.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:06 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:

This OC is a nightmare

^^^^This

Or you can look at it this way. If your Senior QB wasn’t out there crapping the bed on the field then that move never happens.
    I don’t blame the coach for trying to light a fire under an under achieving player, it just backfired.

I agree with you on the OC however, he’s not good.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:35 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:

This OC is a nightmare

^^^^This

Certainly think this decision and his decision to sit on the ball with 20 seconds left against Oregon to set up the field goal both were very costly.

Live and learn.

I'm glad he is coaching the Huskies.

IIRC it was 31 seconds AND two timeouts. With the two timeouts you have innumerable options to either score a TD or give yourself a much shorter FG. I guess I would get it if you have a very good kicker, but this is a kicker that Coach Petersen had shown very little confidence in even before that.

The third game I referenced was the drive at the end of the Auburn game where we ran the ball right up the middle TWICE IN A ROW into an Auburn d-line that had successfully defended that play the entire game. That left us with another 3rd and long that also played into the strengths of that d-line. This, after Jake had been moving the ball well. Yes, I know, that was the OC, but the HC always has the ability to quash a play call. Just mind-boggling.

Edit: it was 35 seconds! https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw- ... ield-goal/
    --UW Coach Don James
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:57 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:

This OC is a nightmare

^^^^This

Or you can look at it this way. If your Senior QB wasn’t out there crapping the bed on the field then that move never happens.
    I don’t blame the coach for trying to light a fire under an under achieving player, it just backfired.

I agree with you on the OC however, he’s not good.

Of course I see your point but here's the deal: typically when this happens your QB is "crapping the bed" AND you are losing so you don't have anything to lose. Right? But that was NOT the scenario here, we were winning and the game was so tight that you had MUCH more to lose than gain, especially seeing as that we were backed up on our own 10-yd line.

I'm sorry but that was just plain reckless.
    --UW Coach Don James
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:18 am
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:33 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:

The simple face that it is being addressed say a lot.

And no, it's never just one thing or person but when it looks like a duck, walks like a duck..........and everybody is saying "That's a duck!".....well...
    --UW Coach Don James
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:10 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information