Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

WSU #8 in first CFP ranking.

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: WSU #8 in first CFP ranking.
Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:43 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:They get enough glory. They don't have to do jack shit and Seattle swoons.


    Do you think this might have something to do with the fact that the Huskies ARE a Seattle team?

    Whoosh!


    Oh, wow you TOTALLY zinged me. It's funny how insecure you are. You love taking shots, but when someone broadsides you, you get all whiney like a Niner fan. Huskies are the softest fans in the Pac-12. Even Duck fans take shit better than you do, and I HATE giving them credit for anything.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4683
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: WSU #8 in first CFP ranking.
Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:53 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:They get enough glory. They don't have to do jack shit and Seattle swoons.


    Do you think this might have something to do with the fact that the Huskies ARE a Seattle team?

    Whoosh!


    Oh, wow you TOTALLY zinged me. It's funny how insecure you are. You love taking shots, but when someone broadsides you, you get all whiney like a Niner fan. Huskies are the softest fans in the Pac-12. Even Duck fans take shit better than you do, and I HATE giving them credit for anything.


    Wow, inferiority complex on steroids!

    You are like many people here, you can dish it out but you can't take it.

    Q: What does a Cougar say to a Husky at McDonald's?
    A: "May I take your order, sir?"


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bfyS-S-IJs
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1065
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: WSU #8 in first CFP ranking.
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:57 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    West TX Hawk wrote:
    West TX Hawk wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    UW rose from #20 to #16 in the AP Poll. UDub is also #16 in the coach's poll.

    http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/fo ... ches-poll/

    https://collegefootball.ap.org/poll/2018/13?id=3763


    (MOD EDIT)


    Piss on UW, censure and overly sensitive types. Go Cougs, win the Apple Cup and the Pac 12.


    It's Apple Cup Week, time for Huskies to torture inferiority complexed Cougs and Texas bandwagon Seahawk fans.


    I'll cut to the chase:
    Minshew is going to throw for over 400, tear up your secondary and head for NYC. Cougs' OL is amongst the best in pass protection and will secure him all day. Gaskin will have a nice finale but Browning will choke as always in the clutch during big games and become a head case as his days in football come to a close.

    So enjoy the Alamo Bowl - TX Land and Cattle is a good steak place on the Riverwalk and the Tower of the Americas has a great view of disappointment.

    UDung 33
    Cougars of America 44 and Pac 12 champs next week!
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2240
    Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 am


Re: WSU #8 in first CFP ranking.
Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:49 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:They get enough glory. They don't have to do jack shit and Seattle swoons.


    Do you think this might have something to do with the fact that the Huskies ARE a Seattle team?

    Whoosh!


    Oh, wow you TOTALLY zinged me. It's funny how insecure you are. You love taking shots, but when someone broadsides you, you get all whiney like a Niner fan. Huskies are the softest fans in the Pac-12. Even Duck fans take shit better than you do, and I HATE giving them credit for anything.


    Wow, inferiority complex on steroids!

    You are like many people here, you can dish it out but you can't take it.

    Q: What does a Cougar say to a Husky at McDonald's?
    A: "May I take your order, sir?"


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bfyS-S-IJs


    You hear they're replacing the FieldTurf at Husky Stadium? Yeah, with cardboard, because the Huskies always look better on paper.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4683
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: WSU #8 in first CFP ranking.
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:02 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Do you think this might have something to do with the fact that the Huskies ARE a Seattle team?

    Whoosh!


    Oh, wow you TOTALLY zinged me. It's funny how insecure you are. You love taking shots, but when someone broadsides you, you get all whiney like a Niner fan. Huskies are the softest fans in the Pac-12. Even Duck fans take shit better than you do, and I HATE giving them credit for anything.


    Wow, inferiority complex on steroids!

    You are like many people here, you can dish it out but you can't take it.

    Q: What does a Cougar say to a Husky at McDonald's?
    A: "May I take your order, sir?"


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bfyS-S-IJs


    You hear they're replacing the FieldTurf at Husky Stadium? Yeah, with cardboard, because the Huskies always look better on paper.


    Have you told that same joke for the last five years that we have blown you out?

    Q: Why are a tornado and a Cougar divorce similar?
    A: You know someone is going to lose a house trailer!
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1065
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: WSU #8 in first CFP ranking.
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:06 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Oh, wow you TOTALLY zinged me. It's funny how insecure you are. You love taking shots, but when someone broadsides you, you get all whiney like a Niner fan. Huskies are the softest fans in the Pac-12. Even Duck fans take shit better than you do, and I HATE giving them credit for anything.


    Wow, inferiority complex on steroids!

    You are like many people here, you can dish it out but you can't take it.

    Q: What does a Cougar say to a Husky at McDonald's?
    A: "May I take your order, sir?"


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bfyS-S-IJs


    You hear they're replacing the FieldTurf at Husky Stadium? Yeah, with cardboard, because the Huskies always look better on paper.


    Have you told that same joke for the last five years that we have blown you out?

    Q: Why are a tornado and a Cougar divorce similar?
    A: You know someone is going to lose a house trailer!


    Speaking of stale jokes...
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4683
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: WSU #8 in first CFP ranking.
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:18 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Wow, inferiority complex on steroids!

    You are like many people here, you can dish it out but you can't take it.

    Q: What does a Cougar say to a Husky at McDonald's?
    A: "May I take your order, sir?"


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bfyS-S-IJs


    You hear they're replacing the FieldTurf at Husky Stadium? Yeah, with cardboard, because the Huskies always look better on paper.


    Have you told that same joke for the last five years that we have blown you out?

    Q: Why are a tornado and a Cougar divorce similar?
    A: You know someone is going to lose a house trailer!


    Speaking of stale jokes...


    I know, most of the football jokes aren't good because you are having one of your EXTREMELY rare good years.

    I'll try harder.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1065
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: WSU #8 in first CFP ranking.
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:29 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    You hear they're replacing the FieldTurf at Husky Stadium? Yeah, with cardboard, because the Huskies always look better on paper.


    Have you told that same joke for the last five years that we have blown you out?

    Q: Why are a tornado and a Cougar divorce similar?
    A: You know someone is going to lose a house trailer!


    Speaking of stale jokes...


    I know, most of the football jokes aren't good because you are having one of your EXTREMELY rare good years.

    I'll try harder.


    You say that like the Huskies regularly have good years. It was a long time ago that they were consistently good. In fact, those lowly Cougs were the first team in Pac-8/10/12 conference history to post 3 straight 10 win seasons (from 2001-03), a feat the Huskies have STILL never accomplished. You can look it up if you want:

    https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/washington-state/

    https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/washington/index.html
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4683
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: WSU #8 in first CFP ranking.
Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:49 am
  • Looking at the rankings, I think it is entirely possible WSU ends up at #5. That's gonna suck.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 105647
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


Re: WSU #8 in first CFP ranking.
Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:07 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Have you told that same joke for the last five years that we have blown you out?

    Q: Why are a tornado and a Cougar divorce similar?
    A: You know someone is going to lose a house trailer!


    Speaking of stale jokes...


    I know, most of the football jokes aren't good because you are having one of your EXTREMELY rare good years.

    I'll try harder.


    You say that like the Huskies regularly have good years. It was a long time ago that they were consistently good. In fact, those lowly Cougs were the first team in Pac-8/10/12 conference history to post 3 straight 10 win seasons (from 2001-03), a feat the Huskies have STILL never accomplished. You can look it up if you want:

    https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/washington-state/

    https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/washington/index.html


    No offense Maulbert and I really mean that, but to extrapolate a stat in an effort to equate WSU's success to UDub's is just ridiculous.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1065
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: WSU #8 in first CFP ranking.
Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:25 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Speaking of stale jokes...


    I know, most of the football jokes aren't good because you are having one of your EXTREMELY rare good years.

    I'll try harder.


    You say that like the Huskies regularly have good years. It was a long time ago that they were consistently good. In fact, those lowly Cougs were the first team in Pac-8/10/12 conference history to post 3 straight 10 win seasons (from 2001-03), a feat the Huskies have STILL never accomplished. You can look it up if you want:

    https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/washington-state/

    https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/washington/index.html


    No offense Maulbert and I really mean that, but to extrapolate a stat in an effort to equate WSU's success to UDub's is just ridiculous.


    Apple Cup All-Time: UW 72 WSU 32 :17:
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1065
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: WSU #8 in first CFP ranking.
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:49 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Speaking of stale jokes...


    I know, most of the football jokes aren't good because you are having one of your EXTREMELY rare good years.

    I'll try harder.


    You say that like the Huskies regularly have good years. It was a long time ago that they were consistently good. In fact, those lowly Cougs were the first team in Pac-8/10/12 conference history to post 3 straight 10 win seasons (from 2001-03), a feat the Huskies have STILL never accomplished. You can look it up if you want:

    https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/washington-state/

    https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/washington/index.html


    No offense Maulbert and I really mean that, but to extrapolate a stat in an effort to equate WSU's success to UDub's is just ridiculous.


    I never claimed WSU had a stronger history than UW, but facts are facts, and you can't refute the fact that the Huskies have never had three 10 win seasons in a row, and the Cougars have.

    Sorry if you're bitter.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4683
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: WSU #8 in first CFP ranking.
Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:04 pm
  • Minshew kicks so much ass. Happy for WSU. Though I think the matchup with UW doesn't go in their favor. I think it will be close, whoever wins. Chris Petersen should play soft so WSU can represent the conference as the only 1 loss team ;)
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2858
    Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:52 pm
    Location: Kirkland


Re: WSU #8 in first CFP ranking.
Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:05 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    I know, most of the football jokes aren't good because you are having one of your EXTREMELY rare good years.

    I'll try harder.


    You say that like the Huskies regularly have good years. It was a long time ago that they were consistently good. In fact, those lowly Cougs were the first team in Pac-8/10/12 conference history to post 3 straight 10 win seasons (from 2001-03), a feat the Huskies have STILL never accomplished. You can look it up if you want:

    https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/washington-state/

    https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/washington/index.html


    No offense Maulbert and I really mean that, but to extrapolate a stat in an effort to equate WSU's success to UDub's is just ridiculous.


    Apple Cup All-Time: UW 72 WSU 32 :17:


    So Dome I’ll extend a Thanksgiving olive turkey branch. What are your thoughts about the game, matchups to look for? I think the key will be in he trenches-can WSU’s OL protect Minshew adequately going up against a significantly better DL and pass rush than what they’ve seen this year? Will the weather factor into the passing game equation for both teams? If it’s a shootout, advantage Cougs. If the Huskies have long drives running Gaskin and keep the scoring low, advantage UW. I’d like to think destiny is on WSU’s side this year with the way things have evolved, but the Dawgs usually just physically dominate the Cougs. Will this year finally go the Cougs’ way?
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2240
    Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 am


Re: WSU #8 in first CFP ranking.
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:15 am
  • The final rankings before the bowl games are played.

    Washington #9
    Washington State #13
    Utah #17
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10368
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: WSU #8 in first CFP ranking.
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:40 am
  • Penn State doesn't belong above Wazzu.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 105647
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


Re: WSU #8 in first CFP ranking.
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:33 am
  • I'm a Husky, but come on.....Wazzu got flat out shafted. Weak
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11230
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: WSU #8 in first CFP ranking.
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:00 am
  • West TX Hawk wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    West TX Hawk wrote:
    West TX Hawk wrote:
    (MOD EDIT)


    Piss on UW, censure and overly sensitive types. Go Cougs, win the Apple Cup and the Pac 12.


    It's Apple Cup Week, time for Huskies to torture inferiority complexed Cougs and Texas bandwagon Seahawk fans.


    I'll cut to the chase:
    Minshew is going to throw for over 400, tear up your secondary and head for NYC. Cougs' OL is amongst the best in pass protection and will secure him all day. Gaskin will have a nice finale but Browning will choke as always in the clutch during big games and become a head case as his days in football come to a close.

    So enjoy the Alamo Bowl - TX Land and Cattle is a good steak place on the Riverwalk and the Tower of the Americas has a great view of disappointment.

    UDung 33
    Cougars of America 44 and Pac 12 champs next week!


    This didnt age well
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 14227
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: WSU #8 in first CFP ranking.
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:29 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    West TX Hawk wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    West TX Hawk wrote:
    Piss on UW, censure and overly sensitive types. Go Cougs, win the Apple Cup and the Pac 12.


    It's Apple Cup Week, time for Huskies to torture inferiority complexed Cougs and Texas bandwagon Seahawk fans.


    I'll cut to the chase:
    Minshew is going to throw for over 400, tear up your secondary and head for NYC. Cougs' OL is amongst the best in pass protection and will secure him all day. Gaskin will have a nice finale but Browning will choke as always in the clutch during big games and become a head case as his days in football come to a close.

    So enjoy the Alamo Bowl - TX Land and Cattle is a good steak place on the Riverwalk and the Tower of the Americas has a great view of disappointment.

    UDung 33
    Cougars of America 44 and Pac 12 champs next week!


    This didnt age well


    Yes, I made a prediction and was wrong. WSU is off to the Alamo Bowl instead. Such is life.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2240
    Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 am


Re: WSU #8 in first CFP ranking.
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:49 am
  • West TX Hawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    West TX Hawk wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    It's Apple Cup Week, time for Huskies to torture inferiority complexed Cougs and Texas bandwagon Seahawk fans.


    I'll cut to the chase:
    Minshew is going to throw for over 400, tear up your secondary and head for NYC. Cougs' OL is amongst the best in pass protection and will secure him all day. Gaskin will have a nice finale but Browning will choke as always in the clutch during big games and become a head case as his days in football come to a close.

    So enjoy the Alamo Bowl - TX Land and Cattle is a good steak place on the Riverwalk and the Tower of the Americas has a great view of disappointment.

    UDung 33
    Cougars of America 44 and Pac 12 champs next week!


    This didnt age well


    Yes, I made a prediction and was wrong. WSU is off to the Alamo Bowl instead. Such is life.


    Hilarious :0190l:
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1065
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: WSU #8 in first CFP ranking.
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:21 am
  • Two problems with the current system.

    If your team plays an air-raid system the polls will always be looking for a reason to knock them down. The same thing happened to Baylor over the past 5 years.

    This system favors the blue bloods of college football. After a team has one loss it comes down to the size of the school and how famous the program is.

    As bad as this system is at least we are not arguing who one and two are, we are now arguing who 4,5 and 6 are.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2296
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:54 am


Re: WSU #8 in first CFP ranking.
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:30 am
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    West TX Hawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    West TX Hawk wrote:
    I'll cut to the chase:
    Minshew is going to throw for over 400, tear up your secondary and head for NYC. Cougs' OL is amongst the best in pass protection and will secure him all day. Gaskin will have a nice finale but Browning will choke as always in the clutch during big games and become a head case as his days in football come to a close.

    So enjoy the Alamo Bowl - TX Land and Cattle is a good steak place on the Riverwalk and the Tower of the Americas has a great view of disappointment.

    UDung 33
    Cougars of America 44 and Pac 12 champs next week!


    This didnt age well


    Yes, I made a prediction and was wrong. WSU is off to the Alamo Bowl instead. Such is life.


    Hilarious :0190l:


    Good luck in the Rose Bowl, represent the conference well and kudos to a great season. Go Cougs.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2240
    Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 am


Re: WSU #8 in first CFP ranking.
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:45 pm
  • Its all fun

    WSU got screwed out of a NY6 bowl. Disappointed. I wanted to see them play a Michigan or even UCF
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 14227
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: WSU #8 in first CFP ranking.
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:58 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Its all fun

    WSU got screwed out of a NY6 bowl. Disappointed. I wanted to see them play a Michigan or even UCF


    Wild how a good year can just shit the bed so fast.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5120
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm
    Location: Aiken , SC


Re: WSU #8 in first CFP ranking.
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:08 pm
  • West TX Hawk wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    West TX Hawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    This didnt age well


    Yes, I made a prediction and was wrong. WSU is off to the Alamo Bowl instead. Such is life.


    Hilarious :0190l:


    Good luck in the Rose Bowl, represent the conference well and kudos to a great season. Go Cougs.


    Thank you! Classy post and a reminder that we (Pac-12 fans) are all one now and need to get some respectability back for our conference.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1065
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: WSU #8 in first CFP ranking.
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:25 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Its all fun

    WSU got screwed out of a NY6 bowl. Disappointed. I wanted to see them play a Michigan or even UCF


    Agree, and disappointed Minshew didn't get to be a finalist for the Heisman even if he was a long-shot.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1065
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Previous


It is currently Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:31 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests