Huskies Offer Nation's #1 Quarterback

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
That kid needs to eat. But he’s got all the genetics to be a great QB. Unreal HS numbers he’s put up.

Chapow

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":17ptxgg6 said:
That kid needs to eat. But he’s got all the genetics to be a great QB. Unreal HS numbers he’s put up.

Uh, he's a sophomore in high school. Which puts him at probably 15 or 16 years old. How big do you expect a 15-16 year old kid to be?

6-2 175 already seems pretty big for a 15/16 year old to me and his body is probably going to change a lot in the next 2 and half years (he is in the 2021 graduating class).

HawkGA

Reaction score
#76 looks like he hasn't had any trouble eating.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Chapow":38xcphna said:
West TX Hawk":38xcphna said:

Uh, he's a sophomore in high school. Which puts him at probably 15 or 16 years old. How big do you expect a 15-16 year old kid to be?

6-2 175 already seems pretty big for a 15/16 year old to me and his body is probably going to change a lot in the next 2 and half years (he is in the 2021 graduating class).

Did you look at the picture in the link? He needs muscle and to eat more. I was his same size at his age and needed more muscle and to eat more too. I'm sure he will of course (undoubtedly his family has a state of the art gym, personal trainers for him and all the connections in the world) but right now his frame looks very thin and he's going to need to get much stronger by the time he enters UW in 2 1/2 years-especially if he's to be successful from the get go.

There's plenty of incoming freshmen at the college level, who despite all the accolades, aren't ready to compete physically. So we'll wait and see how he progresses.

Chapow

Reaction score
Yeah, I looked at the picture. He looks just fine to me for a kid in the first semester of his sophomore year in HS. We're talking about a 15/16 year old kid that still has a lot of growing to do, not an 18 year old about to head off to college.

I'm not the least bit concerned about his size and I'm sure his diet is just fine. As you say, he's a Huard and a QB. I seriously doubt he isn't getting enough food.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
He is very very good. Would like to see him add some muscle for durability reasons, but like others have said he’s 16, there is time to do that.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Chapow":18u20sij said:
West TX Hawk":18u20sij said:

^^^^^Correct, that poster doesn't understand human physiology.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I agree, he needs to eat. Not because he's too skinny, but because everyone needs to eat.

ivotuk

Reaction score
We've all been to high school, and many of us have played sports. That kid needs muscle on his body to stand up to the beating he'll take at the next level. And I'm sure he'll grow as time goes by, which is what I'm pretty sure West Texas Hawk meant.

Doesn't matter what grade you're in, if you play sports, you need to bulk up or end up like those injury prone QBs we see come and go in College and in the NFL. THey had great talent, but were too light to stay healthy.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

ivotuk":26lo691c said:
We've all been to high school, and many of us have played sports. That kid needs muscle on his body to stand up to the beating he'll take at the next level. And I'm sure he'll grow as time goes by, which is what I'm pretty sure West Texas Hawk meant.

Doesn't matter what grade you're in, if you play sports, you need to bulk up or end up like those injury prone QBs we see come and go in College and in the NFL. THey had great talent, but were too light to stay healthy.

I played football from 8-yrs-old to four years of college ball, just about every athlete I have ever known went through the same process, it's human physiology. There is that rare man-child that is full grown at an early age and is muscular, but they are, like I said, very rare.

You aren't supposed to even start lifting weights until you are 14 and then only light weights.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/samhuard11/status/1066059937577496577[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RWQBAcademy/status/1066072178213429250[/tweet]

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Not familiar with the process but how can colleges keep up the appearance of caring about grades of athletes and then turn around and offer a sophomore in high school admittance into the school? :roll:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":xol2kff6 said:
Not familiar with the process but how can colleges keep up the appearance of caring about grades of athletes and then turn around and offer a sophomore in high school admittance into the school? :roll:
Happens all of the time whether we like it or not. A kid on my nephew’s highschool baseball team just got an offer to play baseball for Oregon State and he is a sophomore this year. Which means he’s played exactly 1 year of highschool baseball.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":fd1t2omq said:
Sports Hernia":fd1t2omq said:
Sam looks just like his dad.

Lets hope he isn't as fragile as his Uncle Brock.
Yep. Stay healthy and keep progressing. Looks like UW is stacked @ the QB position for years to come starting next season. :2thumbs:

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":3cifmqos said:
Is he better than Dylan Morris who is getting a ton of hype?
i think when it’s all done and said I think he will be. Not that star ratings matters but Huard will be a 5 star. Morris is a 4 star.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts