The Legacy of Jake Browning

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
The Legacy of Jake Browning
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:18 pm
  • So funny watching Jake outplay Minshew yesterday, I have a lot of respect for Minshew but it seems, in spite of all the criticism Jake gets all he does is win; AND, every time he comes up against one these heralded wonderkinds from Falk to Herbert and now Minshew, he outplays them.

Not only the winningest quarterback in UW history but the winningest quarterback in Pac history.

WE all should be so bad.

https://www.uwdawgpound.com/2018/11/23/ ... uarterback
    Last edited by DomeHawk on Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:00 pm
  • But not a Professional.

But someone will draft him .
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:03 pm
  • He's the Andy Dalton of college quarterbacks.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:12 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:But not a Professional.

Perhaps, but we are talking college football here, name me one Alabama quarterback that is playing in the NFL right now.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:13 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:But not a Professional.

Perhaps, but we are talking college football here, name me one Alabama quarterback that is playing in the NFL right now.

I think your making his point?
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:19 pm
  • getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:But not a Professional.

I think your making his point?

Actually I am not, if he fails at being a NFL quarterback that is his NFL legacy which has nothing to do with his college legacy. Get it?
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:20 pm
  • getnasty wrote:He's the Andy Dalton of college quarterbacks.

Huh, you'd think the 10-1 #8 ranked Cougs could beat the Andy Dalton of college quarterbacks at home with the conference championship game and possibly even a CFP berth on the line.

Guess not.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:23 pm
  • Chapow
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:36 pm
  • Chapow wrote:
    getnasty wrote:He's the Andy Dalton of college quarterbacks.

Huh, you'd think the 10-1 #8 ranked Cougs could beat the Andy Dalton of college quarterbacks at home with the conference championship game and possibly even a CFP berth on the line.

Guess not.

Yeah you would also think that Jake Browning wouldn't get bench against Cal his senior year.

Guess not.

Jake Browning has little to do with any success that UW has had.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:42 pm
  • getnasty wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

Guess not.

Yeah you would also think that Jake Browning wouldn't get bench against Cal his senior year.

Guess not.

Now you have lost whatever little credibility you ever had.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:47 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:So funny watching Jake outplay Minshew yesterday, I have a lot of respect for Minshew but it seems, in spite of all the criticism Jake gets all he does is win; AND, every time he comes up against one these heralded wonderkinds from Falk to Herbert and now Minshew, he outplays them.

Not only the winningest quarterback in UW history but the winningest quarterback in Pac history.

WE all should be so bad.

LOL, I KNEW this thread was coming!

Are you sure you are not Softy, Hughie, or Danny O’? Just asking. The way you guys white knight for this kid is embarrassing.

I certainly hope you were not one of those fools that was touting Browning as a Heisman candidate during his sophomore season.

Browning is slow to process pressure, which leads to dumb mistakes, that a Senior QB shouldn’t make. He had 2 of those yesterday.

You ever notice that the less Browning throws and the more they run the more successful they are?

Sure, he puts up killer numbers against the Northgate States of the world but when it’s a huge must win game for national championship ramifications he fails.

So Browning gets all of the credit for all those wins and we are supposed to ignore the fact it’s been during a down pac-12 run, he has had a very good O-line, an awesome defense, and playmakers, like John Ross, Dante Pettis, Miles Gaskin, and a slew of other great RB’s?

Maybe, just maybe, you and the other Browning apologists (which are all over Seattle Sportsradio BTW) are giving him too much credit?

I think starting next season you are going to see the UW QB play elevated to a level we haven’t seen in a couple of decades.
    Last edited by Sports Hernia on Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:54 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:So funny watching Jake outplay Minshew yesterday, I have a lot of respect for Minshew but it seems, in spite of all the criticism Jake gets all he does is win; AND, every time he comes up against one these heralded wonderkinds from Falk to Herbert and now Minshew, he outplays them.

WE all should be so bad.

Are you sure you are not Softy, Hughie, or Danny O’? Just asking. The way you guys white knight for this kid is embarrassing.

I certainly hope you were not one of those fools that was touting Browning as a Heisman candidate during his sophomore season.

Browning is slow to process pressure, which leads to dumb mistakes, that a Senior QB shouldn’t make. He had 2 of those yesterday.

You ever notice that the less Browning throws and the more they run the more successful they are?

Sure, he puts up killer numbers against the Northgate States of the world but when it’s a huge must win game for national championship ramifications he fails.

So Browning gets all of the credit for all those wins and we are supposed to ignore the fact it’s been during a down pac-12 run, he has had a very good O-line, an awesome defense, and playmakers, like John Ross, Dante Pettis, Miles Gaskin, and a slew of other great RB’s?

Maybe, just maybe, you and the other Browning apologists (which are all over Seattle Sportsradio BTW) are giving him too much credit?

I think starting next season you are going to see the UW QB play elevated to a level we haven’t seen in a couple of decades.

No one that Jake was all-world or that he was responsible for all the winds but the facts speak for themselves.

What we have here is just another fan that expects far more perfection out of athletes than they do themselves. Just admit the obvious: Jake Browning had a great college career and combined with Chris Petersen, Myles Gaskin, and other UDub players, has done more to bring UW back to the forefront of college football than anyone else has.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:16 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:So funny watching Jake outplay Minshew yesterday, I have a lot of respect for Minshew but it seems, in spite of all the criticism Jake gets all he does is win; AND, every time he comes up against one these heralded wonderkinds from Falk to Herbert and now Minshew, he outplays them.

WE all should be so bad.

No one that Jake was all-world or that he was responsible for all the winds but the facts speak for themselves.

What we have here is just another fan that expects far more perfection out of athletes than they do themselves. Just admit the obvious: Jake Browning had a great college career and combined with Chris Petersen, Myles Gaskin, and other UDub players, has done more to bring UW back to the forefront of college football than anyone else has.

LOL, just admit you are Softy, or related to Jake in some way.

If Browning was as GREAT as you say he is, why did he come back and play his senior season?
    Almost all GREAT COLLEGE QB’s in this era, will jump to the NFL if they are truly great! That’s why the Jake Browning’s of the world have all of the records as they have a whole season more to rack up those numbers.

But keep white knighting, just try not to fall off that high horse of yours.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:24 pm
  • The last 4 years has been one of the best streaks of football I have ever seen the Huskies play.I have loved watching all these guys play and will miss them when they are gone.

Personally I think he is an overachiever. He wasnt the biggest, fastest or strongest QB but he was a big part of what the team has accomplished,
    If peop[e here dont like him it doesnt matter to me,I appreciate what this team has done. these last few years

If the internet was around during the James era many people here would have wanted him ran out of town. Warren Moon would have been crucified on this site,
    justafan
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:27 pm
  • justafan wrote:The last 4 years has been one of the best streaks of football I have ever seen the Huskies play.I have loved watching all these guys play and will miss them when they are gone.

Personally I think he is an overachiever. He wasnt the biggest, fastest or strongest QB but he was a big part of what the team has accomplished,
    If peop[e here dont like him it doesnt matter to me,I appreciate what this team has done. these last few years

If the internet was around during the James era many people here would have wanted him ran out of town. Warren Moon would have been crucified on this site,

This was a very good summary of Browning's career.

he's a winner, even if he's not the best qb
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:34 pm
  • getnasty wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

Guess not.

Guess not.

So you're saying the Cougs couldn't even beat a guy that got benched against Cal his senior year? :P

Seriously though, that's a pretty liberal use of the term "benched". He was out of the game for, I believe it was 4, offensive plays. He got taken out of the game to try to light a fire under his ass and it turned out out to be a massive mistake that cost UW the game. That "benching" was one of coach Pete's biggest mistakes this season.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:39 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    justafan wrote:The last 4 years has been one of the best streaks of football I have ever seen the Huskies play.I have loved watching all these guys play and will miss them when they are gone.

This was a very good summary of Browning's career.

he's a winner, even if he's not the best qb

Agreed. Great post, justafan.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:44 pm
  • Chapow wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

Guess not.

Guess not.

So you're saying the Cougs couldn't even beat a guy that got benched against Cal his senior year? :P

Seriously though, that's a pretty liberal use of the term "benched". He was out of the game for, I believe it was 4, offensive plays. He got taken out of the game to try to light a fire under his ass and it turned out out to be a massive mistake that cost UW the game. That "benching" was one of coach Pete's biggest mistakes this season.

Browning did everything to keep the Cougs in it yesterday, if they never threw a pass they probably would have been better off. He's a winner I guess, so was Blake Bortles last year. Your right he was benched for one series but only because the guy playing behind him will never see the field for UW again.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:51 pm
  • getnasty wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

Guess not.

Guess not.

Browning did everything to keep the Cougs in it yesterday, if they never threw a pass they probably would have been better off. He's a winner I guess, so was Blake Bortles last year. Your right he was benched for one series but only because the guy playing behind him will never see the field for UW again.

11/14 over 200. a couple of turnovers and a W. Enjoy your mustache.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:58 pm

Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:08 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

WE all should be so bad.

If Browning was as GREAT as you say he is, why did he come back and play his senior season?
    Almost all GREAT COLLEGE QB’s in this era, will jump to the NFL if they are truly great! That’s why the Jake Browning’s of the world have all of the records as they have a whole season more to rack up those numbers.

You chronic criticizers keep equating everything to professional sports. Why can't you understand that this is collegiate athletics and evaluate based upon that criteria? Whether or not you have a successful pro career does NOT determine how good or not your college career was.

And yes, I ride the high horse down the high road.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:23 pm
  • this guy is horrible!!! how are you a 4 yr starter in college and you get worst?!
    northseahawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:53 pm
  • And yet he is about to chalk up another win.Thats all I care about.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:30 pm
  • justafan wrote:And yet he is about to chalk up another win.Thats all I care about.

Despite Jake Browning being Jake Browning. Jake Browning’s offense scored a grand total of three (3) points tonight.
    Thanks to his defense, he gets to play in 1 more college game.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:36 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote: LOL, I KNEW this thread was coming!

You chronic criticizers keep equating everything to professional sports. Why can't you understand that this is collegiate athletics and evaluate based upon that criteria? Whether or not you have a successful pro career does NOT determine how good or not your college career was.

You completely missed my point on the pro thing, but then again that’s hardly a surprise with your level of blind Jake Browning worship.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:55 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:

You completely missed my point on the pro thing, but then again that’s hardly a surprise with your level of blind Jake Browning worship.

There's no "blind worship" of any kind, I realize Jake's limitations but I try and keep it in perspective, something you seem to lack.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:03 am
  • Browning is an average at best college QB. He and the Huskies have yet to beat a team that was considered equal or better than them in his 4 years of starting. SC with Darnold, Stanford when good, Oregon when good/healthy, Auburn, Bama, etc... Not to mention that all of the bad losses they've had to teams they should've beat were because of his poor play. You could lay some blame on the play calling for not taking the ball out if his hands, but none the less, he stunk up the joint in those poor losses. UW had good enough teams around him that they shouldn't have lost more than 1 game a season during his time. Browning made a living being on a really talented team in a really weak conference. The SC game in Seattle tells you everything you need to know about his abilities.
    OrangeGravy
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:30 pm
  • OrangeGravy wrote:Browning is an average at best college QB. He and the Huskies have yet to beat a team that was considered equal or better than them in his 4 years of starting. SC with Darnold, Stanford when good, Oregon when good/healthy, Auburn, Bama, etc... Not to mention that all of the bad losses they've had to teams they should've beat were because of his poor play. You could lay some blame on the play calling for not taking the ball out if his hands, but none the less, he stunk up the joint in those poor losses. UW had good enough teams around him that they shouldn't have lost more than 1 game a season during his time. Browning made a living being on a really talented team in a really weak conference. The SC game in Seattle tells you everything you need to know about his abilities.

Blah-blah-blah, Jake Browning completed 65% of his passes while at UW with a 153 passing efficiency rating, took UW to the CFP, won 2 Pac-12 championships, 4 Apple Cups, and brought a storied program back to national prominence again.

You should be so bad at what you do, lol.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:31 pm
  • Jake Browning is the luckiest QB to ever exist, if he wasn't on UW he would never win a game, hes absolutely the worst. He's personally cost the Huskies a Playoff bid from his erratic and terrible play
    Shaz
    NET Starter

Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:32 pm
  • Jake has all the tools to be the next 49er back up.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:56 am
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

There's no "blind worship" of any kind, I realize Jake's limitations but I try and keep it in perspective, something you seem to lack.
    LOL............

oh wait.......

you’re NOT joking???

You’re wrong in both cases..... sorry!
    Last edited by Sports Hernia on Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:00 am
  • chris98251 wrote:Jake has all the tools to be the next 49er back up.

He doesn’t even have that, sadly. He is a CFL back up at best.
    He may bounce around on practice squads, and or be a “camp arm” but that’s his ceiling.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:43 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:

LOL............

oh wait.......

you’re NOT joking???

You’re wrong in both cases..... sorry!

What's funny is how much time you spend trolling this subject. Like I said, it's about perspective, within the context of his time in college Jake has had a very successful career.

Get it? Perspective, not really that hard to comprehend.

For some people at least.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:18 pm
  • Look, I'm a lifetime Husky fan, but Browning just isn't a big game QB at all. Way too inconsistent. But he's a damn good kid, just not nearly as clutch as he should be. Now if he can pull of this Rose Bowl win, THAT would be a way to prove everyone wrong.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:11 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Look, I'm a lifetime Husky fan, but Browning just isn't a big game QB at all. Way too inconsistent. But he's a damn good kid, just not nearly as clutch as he should be. Now if he can pull of this Rose Bowl win, THAT would be a way to prove everyone wrong.

Get it, he isn't beyond justifiable criticism, but when I talk about "perspective" to Hernia it's VERY simple, i.e., name a quarterback on the Husky roster in Browning's period here that would have accomplished as much? Really, who? And, if you think you can, please tell me why your judgement is more sound than Coach Petersen's in that regard?

See what I mean? It's called a fallacy.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:41 pm

Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:26 pm
  • Then compare the great pro prospect Justin Herbert to Jake.

Jake: 65% (when taking out his freshman year)

Herbert: 62.7% (three years)

So based upon equal stats for three yrs Jake has a better passing percentage that Minshew and Herbert.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pl ... ert-1.html
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:01 am
  • Jake Browning = The guy who got carried by a very good defense and John Ross. Also the guy that can’t beat good teams and plays like a chump in big games. This is coming from a lifelong husky fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dopeboy206
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:19 pm
  • He'll be the backup QB for Seattle's new XFL team.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:27 am
  • DomeHawk wrote:Then compare the great pro prospect Justin Herbert to Jake.

So based upon equal stats for three yrs Jake has a better passing percentage that Minshew and Herbert.

You compare Browning stats to Gardner Minshew and Justin Herbert like it's a fair comparison but let me ask you did either of those guys have a number 1 defense or a thousand yard rusher to lean on? All 4 years Browning has been a starter he had had a number 1 defense and a thousand yard rusher. Speaking as a husky fan, that is what frustrates me, all the pieces were there to be a title contender except for the QB position where we got mediocre play. I don't blame Jake, he is what he is, I blame Jonathan Smith and Chris Peterson who whiffed at QB recruiting for 2 years straight which allowed Jake to have no competition and no one to push him.
    goseahawks2012
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:38 pm
  • goseahawks2012 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:Then compare the great pro prospect Justin Herbert to Jake.

You compare Browning stats to Gardner Minshew and Justin Herbert like it's a fair comparison but let me ask you did either of those guys have a number 1 defense or a thousand yard rusher to lean on? All 4 years Browning has been a starter he had had a number 1 defense and a thousand yard rusher. Speaking as a husky fan, that is what frustrates me, all the pieces were there to be a title contender except for the QB position where we got mediocre play. I don't blame Jake, he is what he is, I blame Jonathan Smith and Chris Peterson who whiffed at QB recruiting for 2 years straight which allowed Jake to have no competition and no one to push him.

I compared their passing stats which has absolutely NOTHING to do with defense.

As for rushing, Herbert had a 1000 yd rusher this year, a 1475 rusher last year, and a 1100 yd rusher his first year. The Cougs have the air raid passing attack so there is NO context there.

Jake gets all this criticism but name me one Husky quarterback that was better in the last 15 yrs. In fact, with a career rating of 151 there hasn't been one as good for over 70 years!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_W ... arterbacks
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:26 pm
  • It will be a legacy of failure. He played like trash in both Pac-12 title games. Could not pull out the win in close games at Oregon and Stanford in back to back seasons.

He will also be remembered as the guy who let some very talented Husky defenses down.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:26 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    goseahawks2012 wrote:

As for rushing, Herbert had a 1000 yd rusher this year, a 1475 rusher last year, and a 1100 yd rusher his first year. The Cougs have the air raid passing attack so there is NO context there.

Jake gets all this criticism but name me one Husky quarterback that was better in the last 15 yrs. In fact, with a career rating of 151 there hasn't been one as good for over 70 years!

You compare the comp % and YPA of Jake Browning to Gardner Minshew and Justin Herbert like it's a fair comparison but you know it's not because both Justin and Gardner had to throw the ball a lot more because neither of them had a 1,000 yard rusher to lean on or a number 1 defense that would give them the ball back. But since you want to compare numbers let's compare Jake Browning Freshman numbers with his Senior numbers:

Comp %: Freshman Year: 63.3 Senior Year: 65%
    Yards: Freshman Year: 2995 Senior Year: 2879
    TD to INT: Freshman Year: 18 to 10 Senior Year 18 to 10

Jake browning literally regressed back to his freshman year. If you watched him play, you would have thought he was a freshman. Made absolutely the dumbest decision's when under pressure, would constantly throw the ball up when under distress, rarely threw the ball away, never hit WR's in stride, was afraid to make throws if the WR was not wide open and constantly missed WR running open. There is a reason why Coach Pete benched him during the Cal game. Only problem is that UW whiffed in QB recruiting 2 years straight so Jake never had any competition and we were stuck with Jake going out there.
    goseahawks2012
    NET Practice Squad

Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:11 am
  • goseahawks2012 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    goseahawks2012 wrote:

You compare the comp % and YPA of Jake Browning to Gardner Minshew and Justin Herbert like it's a fair comparison but you know it's not because both Justin and Gardner had to throw the ball a lot more because neither of them had a 1,000 yard rusher to lean on or a number 1 defense that would give them the ball back. But since you want to compare numbers let's compare Jake Browning Freshman numbers with his Senior numbers:

Jake browning literally regressed back to his freshman year. If you watched him play, you would have thought he was a freshman. Made absolutely the dumbest decision's when under pressure, would constantly throw the ball up when under distress, rarely threw the ball away, never hit WR's in stride, was afraid to make throws if the WR was not wide open and constantly missed WR running open. There is a reason why Coach Pete benched him during the Cal game. Only problem is that UW whiffed in QB recruiting 2 years straight so Jake never had any competition and we were stuck with Jake going out there.

His dumbest decisions under pressure were due to his competitive nature, he was trying to make a play. Russell Wilson does the same thing sometimes.

As for his senior year being the same, if you know anything about football you would know that 65% is just about the threshold for ANY quarterback AND he didn't have the receivers he had in his previous three years.

People don't know about his operation either, it was much more invasive than was let on on. In fact, they had to shave his shoulder bone socket just to get it to work.

But whatever, your need to denigrate what was a very successful college football career belies any real knowledge of what it takes to be a football player. These are human beings, not robots. Try and hold yourself to the same standard you do them, you will fail every single day.
    Last edited by DomeHawk on Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:41 am
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    goseahawks2012 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    goseahawks2012 wrote:

His dumbest decisions under pressure were due to his competitive nature, he was trying to make a play. Russell Wilson does the same thing sometimes.

As for his senior year being the same, if you know anything about football you would know that 65% is just about the threshold for ANY quarterback AND he didn't have the receivers he had in his previous three years.

People don't know about his operation either, it was much more invasive that was let on on. In fact, they had to shave his shoulder socket just to get it to work.

But whatever, your need to denigrate what was a very successful college football career belies any real knowledge of what it takes to be a football player. These are human beings, not robots. Try and hold yourself to the same standard you do them, you will fail every single day.

Don't take things so personal buddy, it's ok to say he was an average QB that won a lot of games, there's nothing wrong with that at all. Nobody hates the guy, he's just like the 20th best quarterback that ever played at UW.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:47 am
  • getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    goseahawks2012 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:

People don't know about his operation either, it was much more invasive that was let on on. In fact, they had to shave his shoulder socket just to get it to work.

Don't take things so personal buddy, it's ok to say he was an average QB that won a lot of games, there's nothing wrong with that at all. Nobody hates the guy, he's just like the 20th best quarterback that ever played at UW.

And yet he has the highest passing efficiency rating of any Husky QB in the last 70 years, lol.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:58 am
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    goseahawks2012 wrote:

And yet he has the highest passing efficiency rating of any Husky QB in the last 70 years, lol.

Where do you rank him in terms of all time husky quarterbacks. Must be number 1 with such a great passing efficiency rating. Watch a game, watch the Pac 12 championship game, watch the WSU game, UW isn't winning because of Jake Browning they won despite him. Even Brownings own mom wouldn't defend him the way you are.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:26 pm
  • getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:

Where do you rank him in terms of all time husky quarterbacks. Must be number 1 with such a great passing efficiency rating. Watch a game, watch the Pac 12 championship game, watch the WSU game, UW isn't winning because of Jake Browning they won despite him. Even Brownings own mom wouldn't defend him the way you are.

You don't know what you're talking about, I don't play that game rating the QB's, it's stupid and former Husky QB's would tell you so themselves. There was a time where we had several QB's in the NFL but the only one that was really successful was Warren Moon but he wasn't anything really great at UW (49%), he just had the physical tools to go much further. Another thing those QB's would tell you is that Jake had a great career and the criticism directed at him is just more pathetic fan behavior by people that never did a damn thing in sports but feel free to proclaim themselves experts.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:32 pm
  • Chris Peterson has made a LIVING out of making middle of the pack QBs look great. Browning is well coached. So were Zabransky and K. Moore.

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:42 pm
  • People who watched Moon play here know he couldn't play for Peterson.It was a struggle watching him sometimes. People didn't expect much back then so 8-4 or whatever and a Rose Bowl win was special. I still think winning the Rose Bowl is special. It's been a great 4 for Husky fans.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:30 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information