The Legacy of Jake Browning

D

DomeHawk

So funny watching Jake outplay Minshew yesterday, I have a lot of respect for Minshew but it seems, in spite of all the criticism Jake gets all he does is win; AND, every time he comes up against one these heralded wonderkinds from Falk to Herbert and now Minshew, he outplays them.

Not only the winningest quarterback in UW history but the winningest quarterback in Pac history.

WE all should be so bad.

https://www.uwdawgpound.com/2018/11/23/ ... uarterback

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

chris98251":69md1mln said:
But not a Professional.

But someone will draft him .

Perhaps, but we are talking college football here, name me one Alabama quarterback that is playing in the NFL right now.

getnasty

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1pjwwugq said:
chris98251":1pjwwugq said:
But not a Professional.

Perhaps, but we are talking college football here, name me one Alabama quarterback that is playing in the NFL right now.

I think your making his point?

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

getnasty":1hner7w2 said:
DomeHawk":1hner7w2 said:
chris98251":1hner7w2 said:
But not a Professional.

I think your making his point?

Actually I am not, if he fails at being a NFL quarterback that is his NFL legacy which has nothing to do with his college legacy. Get it?

Chapow

Reaction score
getnasty":2cdgyby7 said:
He's the Andy Dalton of college quarterbacks.

Huh, you'd think the 10-1 #8 ranked Cougs could beat the Andy Dalton of college quarterbacks at home with the conference championship game and possibly even a CFP berth on the line.

Guess not.

Chapow

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/A_Jude/status/1066197983828488192[/tweet]

getnasty

Reaction score
Chapow":1xuga8so said:
getnasty":1xuga8so said:

Huh, you'd think the 10-1 #8 ranked Cougs could beat the Andy Dalton of college quarterbacks at home with the conference championship game and possibly even a CFP berth on the line.

Guess not.

Yeah you would also think that Jake Browning wouldn't get bench against Cal his senior year.

Guess not.

Jake Browning has little to do with any success that UW has had.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

getnasty":7jgs1ooz said:
Chapow":7jgs1ooz said:
getnasty":7jgs1ooz said:

Guess not.

Yeah you would also think that Jake Browning wouldn't get bench against Cal his senior year.

Guess not.

Now you have lost whatever little credibility you ever had.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3h71gkhh said:
So funny watching Jake outplay Minshew yesterday, I have a lot of respect for Minshew but it seems, in spite of all the criticism Jake gets all he does is win; AND, every time he comes up against one these heralded wonderkinds from Falk to Herbert and now Minshew, he outplays them.

Not only the winningest quarterback in UW history but the winningest quarterback in Pac history.

WE all should be so bad.

LOL, I KNEW this thread was coming!

Are you sure you are not Softy, Hughie, or Danny O’? Just asking. The way you guys white knight for this kid is embarrassing.

I certainly hope you were not one of those fools that was touting Browning as a Heisman candidate during his sophomore season.

Browning is slow to process pressure, which leads to dumb mistakes, that a Senior QB shouldn’t make. He had 2 of those yesterday.

You ever notice that the less Browning throws and the more they run the more successful they are?

Sure, he puts up killer numbers against the Northgate States of the world but when it’s a huge must win game for national championship ramifications he fails.

So Browning gets all of the credit for all those wins and we are supposed to ignore the fact it’s been during a down pac-12 run, he has had a very good O-line, an awesome defense, and playmakers, like John Ross, Dante Pettis, Miles Gaskin, and a slew of other great RB’s?

Maybe, just maybe, you and the other Browning apologists (which are all over Seattle Sportsradio BTW) are giving him too much credit?

I think starting next season you are going to see the UW QB play elevated to a level we haven’t seen in a couple of decades.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Sports Hernia":2wsdgor1 said:
DomeHawk":2wsdgor1 said:

WE all should be so bad.

Are you sure you are not Softy, Hughie, or Danny O’? Just asking. The way you guys white knight for this kid is embarrassing.

I certainly hope you were not one of those fools that was touting Browning as a Heisman candidate during his sophomore season.

Browning is slow to process pressure, which leads to dumb mistakes, that a Senior QB shouldn’t make. He had 2 of those yesterday.

You ever notice that the less Browning throws and the more they run the more successful they are?

Sure, he puts up killer numbers against the Northgate States of the world but when it’s a huge must win game for national championship ramifications he fails.

So Browning gets all of the credit for all those wins and we are supposed to ignore the fact it’s been during a down pac-12 run, he has had a very good O-line, an awesome defense, and playmakers, like John Ross, Dante Pettis, Miles Gaskin, and a slew of other great RB’s?

Maybe, just maybe, you and the other Browning apologists (which are all over Seattle Sportsradio BTW) are giving him too much credit?

I think starting next season you are going to see the UW QB play elevated to a level we haven’t seen in a couple of decades.

No one that Jake was all-world or that he was responsible for all the winds but the facts speak for themselves.

What we have here is just another fan that expects far more perfection out of athletes than they do themselves. Just admit the obvious: Jake Browning had a great college career and combined with Chris Petersen, Myles Gaskin, and other UDub players, has done more to bring UW back to the forefront of college football than anyone else has.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2uqpj89h said:
Sports Hernia":2uqpj89h said:
DomeHawk":2uqpj89h said:

WE all should be so bad.

No one that Jake was all-world or that he was responsible for all the winds but the facts speak for themselves.

What we have here is just another fan that expects far more perfection out of athletes than they do themselves. Just admit the obvious: Jake Browning had a great college career and combined with Chris Petersen, Myles Gaskin, and other UDub players, has done more to bring UW back to the forefront of college football than anyone else has.

LOL, just admit you are Softy, or related to Jake in some way.

If Browning was as GREAT as you say he is, why did he come back and play his senior season?
Almost all GREAT COLLEGE QB’s in this era, will jump to the NFL if they are truly great! That’s why the Jake Browning’s of the world have all of the records as they have a whole season more to rack up those numbers.

But keep white knighting, just try not to fall off that high horse of yours.

justafan

Reaction score
The last 4 years has been one of the best streaks of football I have ever seen the Huskies play.I have loved watching all these guys play and will miss them when they are gone.

Personally I think he is an overachiever. He wasnt the biggest, fastest or strongest QB but he was a big part of what the team has accomplished,
If peop[e here dont like him it doesnt matter to me,I appreciate what this team has done. these last few years

If the internet was around during the James era many people here would have wanted him ran out of town. Warren Moon would have been crucified on this site,

Uncle Si

Reaction score
justafan":1eob5ka2 said:
The last 4 years has been one of the best streaks of football I have ever seen the Huskies play.I have loved watching all these guys play and will miss them when they are gone.

Personally I think he is an overachiever. He wasnt the biggest, fastest or strongest QB but he was a big part of what the team has accomplished,
If peop[e here dont like him it doesnt matter to me,I appreciate what this team has done. these last few years

If the internet was around during the James era many people here would have wanted him ran out of town. Warren Moon would have been crucified on this site,

This was a very good summary of Browning's career.

he's a winner, even if he's not the best qb

Chapow

Reaction score
getnasty":24duoeye said:
Chapow":24duoeye said:
getnasty":24duoeye said:

Guess not.

Guess not.

So you're saying the Cougs couldn't even beat a guy that got benched against Cal his senior year? :p

Seriously though, that's a pretty liberal use of the term "benched". He was out of the game for, I believe it was 4, offensive plays. He got taken out of the game to try to light a fire under his ass and it turned out out to be a massive mistake that cost UW the game. That "benching" was one of coach Pete's biggest mistakes this season.

Chapow

Reaction score
Uncle Si":104hvgao said:
justafan":104hvgao said:

This was a very good summary of Browning's career.

he's a winner, even if he's not the best qb

Agreed. Great post, justafan.

getnasty

Reaction score
Chapow":1uxv179b said:
getnasty":1uxv179b said:
Chapow":1uxv179b said:
getnasty":1uxv179b said:

Guess not.

Guess not.

So you're saying the Cougs couldn't even beat a guy that got benched against Cal his senior year? :p

Seriously though, that's a pretty liberal use of the term "benched". He was out of the game for, I believe it was 4, offensive plays. He got taken out of the game to try to light a fire under his ass and it turned out out to be a massive mistake that cost UW the game. That "benching" was one of coach Pete's biggest mistakes this season.

Browning did everything to keep the Cougs in it yesterday, if they never threw a pass they probably would have been better off. He's a winner I guess, so was Blake Bortles last year. Your right he was benched for one series but only because the guy playing behind him will never see the field for UW again.

justafan

Reaction score
getnasty":2xjbqf57 said:
Chapow":2xjbqf57 said:
getnasty":2xjbqf57 said:
Chapow":2xjbqf57 said:

Guess not.

Guess not.

Browning did everything to keep the Cougs in it yesterday, if they never threw a pass they probably would have been better off. He's a winner I guess, so was Blake Bortles last year. Your right he was benched for one series but only because the guy playing behind him will never see the field for UW again.

11/14 over 200. a couple of turnovers and a W. Enjoy your mustache.

Chapow

Reaction score
getnasty":1zmw9s2n said:

Browning outplayed the mighty stache yesterday.

Too bad for the stache as he was starting to get legitimate Heisman consideration.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/c ... le-cup-win

https://www.si.com/college-football/201 ... er-minshew

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/280 ... 13?src=rss

Latest posts