Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The Legacy of Jake Browning

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:13 pm
  • Different types of offenses , not as sophisticated route trees and defenders could mug a guy off the line, completion percentages are going to be much lower. It is like walking through a neighborhood, one is Beverly hills and one is in the seedy side of Oakland, where do you think you stand a higher chance of getting mugged? Different environments for both situations so you can't compare them apples to apples.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 26905
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:28 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    goseahawks2012 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    goseahawks2012 wrote:
    You compare Browning stats to Gardner Minshew and Justin Herbert like it's a fair comparison but let me ask you did either of those guys have a number 1 defense or a thousand yard rusher to lean on? All 4 years Browning has been a starter he had had a number 1 defense and a thousand yard rusher. Speaking as a husky fan, that is what frustrates me, all the pieces were there to be a title contender except for the QB position where we got mediocre play. I don't blame Jake, he is what he is, I blame Jonathan Smith and Chris Peterson who whiffed at QB recruiting for 2 years straight which allowed Jake to have no competition and no one to push him.


    I compared their passing stats which has absolutely NOTHING to do with defense.

    As for rushing, Herbert had a 1000 yd rusher this year, a 1475 rusher last year, and a 1100 yd rusher his first year. The Cougs have the air raid passing attack so there is NO context there.

    Jake gets all this criticism but name me one Husky quarterback that was better in the last 15 yrs. In fact, with a career rating of 151 there hasn't been one as good for over 70 years!

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_W ... arterbacks


    You compare the comp % and YPA of Jake Browning to Gardner Minshew and Justin Herbert like it's a fair comparison but you know it's not because both Justin and Gardner had to throw the ball a lot more because neither of them had a 1,000 yard rusher to lean on or a number 1 defense that would give them the ball back. But since you want to compare numbers let's compare Jake Browning Freshman numbers with his Senior numbers:

    Comp %: Freshman Year: 63.3 Senior Year: 65%
    Yards: Freshman Year: 2995 Senior Year: 2879
    TD to INT: Freshman Year: 18 to 10 Senior Year 18 to 10

    Jake browning literally regressed back to his freshman year. If you watched him play, you would have thought he was a freshman. Made absolutely the dumbest decision's when under pressure, would constantly throw the ball up when under distress, rarely threw the ball away, never hit WR's in stride, was afraid to make throws if the WR was not wide open and constantly missed WR running open. There is a reason why Coach Pete benched him during the Cal game. Only problem is that UW whiffed in QB recruiting 2 years straight so Jake never had any competition and we were stuck with Jake going out there.


    His dumbest decisions under pressure were due to his competitive nature, he was trying to make a play. Russell Wilson does the same thing sometimes.

    As for his senior year being the same, if you know anything about football you would know that 65% is just about the threshold for ANY quarterback AND he didn't have the receivers he had in his previous three years.

    People don't know about his operation either, it was much more invasive that was let on on. In fact, they had to shave his shoulder socket just to get it to work.

    But whatever, your need to denigrate what was a very successful college football career belies any real knowledge of what it takes to be a football player. These are human beings, not robots. Try and hold yourself to the same standard you do them, you will fail every single day.


    Did you really just say his dumb decisions are because he tries to hard? So I guess we should just give him a pass and not expect him to learn and improve his decision making because he tries hard. It's clear you are delusional and have this weird hard on for Jake so I will end this pointless conversation
    Last edited by goseahawks2012 on Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    goseahawks2012
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 70
    Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:54 pm


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:44 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    Don't take things so personal buddy, it's ok to say he was an average QB that won a lot of games, there's nothing wrong with that at all. Nobody hates the guy, he's just like the 20th best quarterback that ever played at UW.


    And yet he has the highest passing efficiency rating of any Husky QB in the last 70 years, lol.


    Where do you rank him in terms of all time husky quarterbacks. Must be number 1 with such a great passing efficiency rating. Watch a game, watch the Pac 12 championship game, watch the WSU game, UW isn't winning because of Jake Browning they won despite him. Even Brownings own mom wouldn't defend him the way you are.


    You don't know what you're talking about, I don't play that game rating the QB's, it's stupid and former Husky QB's would tell you so themselves. There was a time where we had several QB's in the NFL but the only one that was really successful was Warren Moon but he wasn't anything really great at UW (49%), he just had the physical tools to go much further. Another thing those QB's would tell you is that Jake had a great career and the criticism directed at him is just more pathetic fan behavior by people that never did a damn thing in sports but feel free to proclaim themselves experts.


    I look forward to former Husky quarterbacks telling me things, and it's funny how I've never done a damn thing in sports so I can't be critical but you who have also never done a damn thing can pull random numbers out of your ass and your an expert. It's ok for someone to disagree with you, there's people that think Russell Wilson sucks so I can tell you there are a ton of people that think Jake Browning is as middle of the road as they come.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3240
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:44 pm
  • getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    And yet he has the highest passing efficiency rating of any Husky QB in the last 70 years, lol.


    Where do you rank him in terms of all time husky quarterbacks. Must be number 1 with such a great passing efficiency rating. Watch a game, watch the Pac 12 championship game, watch the WSU game, UW isn't winning because of Jake Browning they won despite him. Even Brownings own mom wouldn't defend him the way you are.


    You don't know what you're talking about, I don't play that game rating the QB's, it's stupid and former Husky QB's would tell you so themselves. There was a time where we had several QB's in the NFL but the only one that was really successful was Warren Moon but he wasn't anything really great at UW (49%), he just had the physical tools to go much further. Another thing those QB's would tell you is that Jake had a great career and the criticism directed at him is just more pathetic fan behavior by people that never did a damn thing in sports but feel free to proclaim themselves experts.


    I look forward to former Husky quarterbacks telling me things, and it's funny how I've never done a damn thing in sports so I can't be critical but you who have also never done a damn thing can pull random numbers out of your ass and your an expert. It's ok for someone to disagree with you, there's people that think Russell Wilson sucks so I can tell you there are a ton of people that think Jake Browning is as middle of the road as they come.


    What's funny is that Huge Millen who is a former husky criticized Browning and said he wasn't playing well. He also said that is what frustrates a lot of former husky players that he knows because they have a number defense and a great running game but the QB position is what is holding them back from being a title contender.
    goseahawks2012
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 70
    Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:54 pm


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:36 am
  • goseahawks2012 wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    Where do you rank him in terms of all time husky quarterbacks. Must be number 1 with such a great passing efficiency rating. Watch a game, watch the Pac 12 championship game, watch the WSU game, UW isn't winning because of Jake Browning they won despite him. Even Brownings own mom wouldn't defend him the way you are.


    You don't know what you're talking about, I don't play that game rating the QB's, it's stupid and former Husky QB's would tell you so themselves. There was a time where we had several QB's in the NFL but the only one that was really successful was Warren Moon but he wasn't anything really great at UW (49%), he just had the physical tools to go much further. Another thing those QB's would tell you is that Jake had a great career and the criticism directed at him is just more pathetic fan behavior by people that never did a damn thing in sports but feel free to proclaim themselves experts.


    I look forward to former Husky quarterbacks telling me things, and it's funny how I've never done a damn thing in sports so I can't be critical but you who have also never done a damn thing can pull random numbers out of your ass and your an expert. It's ok for someone to disagree with you, there's people that think Russell Wilson sucks so I can tell you there are a ton of people that think Jake Browning is as middle of the road as they come.


    What's funny is that Huge Millen who is a former husky criticized Browning and said he wasn't playing well. He also said that is what frustrates a lot of former husky players that he knows because they have a number defense and a great running game but the QB position is what is holding them back from being a title contender.


    The great Hugh Millen? Now that's funny. This is the same guy who also said that Russell Wilson will never be anything but a backup in the NFL when he was drafted.

    And you don't seem to know a damn thing about Husky history. Some of the better quarterbacks we have had have had historically great defenses and great running back but their numbers don't compare to Jake's. How is that?

    Or maybe you haven't heard of: Corey Dillon, Napoleon Kaufman, Chris Polk, Greg Lewis, Rashaan Shehee, Louis Rankin, Willie Hurst, just to name a few.

    Too funny.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1427
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:43 am
  • getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    And yet he has the highest passing efficiency rating of any Husky QB in the last 70 years, lol.


    Where do you rank him in terms of all time husky quarterbacks. Must be number 1 with such a great passing efficiency rating. Watch a game, watch the Pac 12 championship game, watch the WSU game, UW isn't winning because of Jake Browning they won despite him. Even Brownings own mom wouldn't defend him the way you are.


    You don't know what you're talking about, I don't play that game rating the QB's, it's stupid and former Husky QB's would tell you so themselves. There was a time where we had several QB's in the NFL but the only one that was really successful was Warren Moon but he wasn't anything really great at UW (49%), he just had the physical tools to go much further. Another thing those QB's would tell you is that Jake had a great career and the criticism directed at him is just more pathetic fan behavior by people that never did a damn thing in sports but feel free to proclaim themselves experts.


    I look forward to former Husky quarterbacks telling me things, and it's funny how I've never done a damn thing in sports so I can't be critical but you who have also never done a damn thing can pull random numbers out of your ass and your an expert. It's ok for someone to disagree with you, there's people that think Russell Wilson sucks so I can tell you there are a ton of people that think Jake Browning is as middle of the road as they come.


    The stats are published stats, not pulled out of anyone's ass. Passing efficiency stats are objective unlike your "opinion" which is completely subjective AND yes you have a right to disagree no matter how completely ridiculous that opinion. And yes again, there are a "ton of people" whose opinion is just as ridiculous as yours is. Congratulations.

    BTW, I have done a "damn" thing.
    Last edited by DomeHawk on Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1427
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:59 am
  • goseahawks2012 wrote:. but the QB position is what is holding them back from being a title contender.


    That's just ridiculous. What is holding UW and about 110 of the country's college team from being title contenders is talent. UW is just climbing out of the depths and is only recently getting good recruiting classes and to date, no top-10 classes.

    When we played Alabama we had the 24th ranked talent composite, Alabama had the #1 ranked talent composite.

    This year we have the 20th ranked talent composite and Ohio St. has the #1 ranked talent composite.

    They simply are able to recruit better, bigger, and faster players than anyone else.

    Until you are able to have consistent top-10 recruiting classes, and probably top-5 classes, you have very little chance at being a title contender and that is proven by statistics.

    The east coast teams will always have an advantage because there's just way more population there. The only team on the west coast that seems to have a real chance is USC with the greater LA area having upwards of 25 million people.

    But go ahead and spin this into some other ridiculous argument, I can't wait.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1427
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:08 am
  • chris98251 wrote:Different types of offenses , not as sophisticated route trees and defenders could mug a guy off the line, completion percentages are going to be much lower. It is like walking through a neighborhood, one is Beverly hills and one is in the seedy side of Oakland, where do you think you stand a higher chance of getting mugged? Different environments for both situations so you can't compare them apples to apples.


    Your reputation for making bad analogies seems to have no bounds, lol.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1427
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:15 am
  • Something that you whack jobs seem to forget, I am not saying that Jake was the greatest UW quarterback but he does have the highest passing efficiency rating of any UW quarterback.

    What I am saying though, is that he had a great college career and that while there is some justifiable criticism, most of the criticism is completely over the top.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1427
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:23 am
  • DomeHawk wrote:Something that you whack jobs seem to forget, I am not saying that Jake was the greatest UW quarterback but he does have the highest passing efficiency rating of any UW quarterback.

    What I am saying though, is that he had a great college career and that while there is some justifiable criticism, most of the criticism is completely over the top.


    He’s another Coach P product. I don’t see him being competitive at the next level.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3086
    Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:26 am


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:27 am
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:Something that you whack jobs seem to forget, I am not saying that Jake was the greatest UW quarterback but he does have the highest passing efficiency rating of any UW quarterback.

    What I am saying though, is that he had a great college career and that while there is some justifiable criticism, most of the criticism is completely over the top.


    He’s another Coach P product. I don’t see him being competitive at the next level.


    It's unlikely but I don't think that takes a thing away from what he's done. As a third-generation Husky I am very appreciate of him and this entire Husky team that has brought our beloved dogs back to relevancy.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1427
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:51 am
  • This thread is already longer than Browning's legacy will be.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 106074
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:08 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:This thread is already longer than Browning's legacy will be.


    Not to lifelong Husky fans. But that was funny.
    justafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1367
    Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:37 am


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:14 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    goseahawks2012 wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    You don't know what you're talking about, I don't play that game rating the QB's, it's stupid and former Husky QB's would tell you so themselves. There was a time where we had several QB's in the NFL but the only one that was really successful was Warren Moon but he wasn't anything really great at UW (49%), he just had the physical tools to go much further. Another thing those QB's would tell you is that Jake had a great career and the criticism directed at him is just more pathetic fan behavior by people that never did a damn thing in sports but feel free to proclaim themselves experts.


    I look forward to former Husky quarterbacks telling me things, and it's funny how I've never done a damn thing in sports so I can't be critical but you who have also never done a damn thing can pull random numbers out of your ass and your an expert. It's ok for someone to disagree with you, there's people that think Russell Wilson sucks so I can tell you there are a ton of people that think Jake Browning is as middle of the road as they come.


    What's funny is that Huge Millen who is a former husky criticized Browning and said he wasn't playing well. He also said that is what frustrates a lot of former husky players that he knows because they have a number defense and a great running game but the QB position is what is holding them back from being a title contender.


    The great Hugh Millen? Now that's funny. This is the same guy who also said that Russell Wilson will never be anything but a backup in the NFL when he was drafted.

    And you don't seem to know a damn thing about Husky history. Some of the better quarterbacks we have had have had historically great defenses and great running back but their numbers don't compare to Jake's. How is that?

    Or maybe you haven't heard of: Corey Dillon, Napoleon Kaufman, Chris Polk, Greg Lewis, Rashaan Shehee, Louis Rankin, Willie Hurst, just to name a few.

    Too funny.



    So your a young buck if thats all the farther you can go back, James always had an attacking defense and a Balanced offense.


    Mark Brunell
    Chris Chandler
    Cary Conklin
    Tom Flick
    Billy Joe Hobert
    Damon Huard
    Brock Huard
    Hugh Millen
    Warren Moon
    Steve Pelluer

    They all went to the NFL and I know I am missing some,but defense and a Running game was always there, we also had some good college WR's and a list of NFL TE's to support it.


    A very close resemblence to what the Seahawks and the Huskies today are doing, from the time Neuheislel took over to Pederson that was not the case consistently.
    Last edited by chris98251 on Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 26905
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:21 pm
  • goseahawks2012 wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    Where do you rank him in terms of all time husky quarterbacks. Must be number 1 with such a great passing efficiency rating. Watch a game, watch the Pac 12 championship game, watch the WSU game, UW isn't winning because of Jake Browning they won despite him. Even Brownings own mom wouldn't defend him the way you are.


    You don't know what you're talking about, I don't play that game rating the QB's, it's stupid and former Husky QB's would tell you so themselves. There was a time where we had several QB's in the NFL but the only one that was really successful was Warren Moon but he wasn't anything really great at UW (49%), he just had the physical tools to go much further. Another thing those QB's would tell you is that Jake had a great career and the criticism directed at him is just more pathetic fan behavior by people that never did a damn thing in sports but feel free to proclaim themselves experts.


    I look forward to former Husky quarterbacks telling me things, and it's funny how I've never done a damn thing in sports so I can't be critical but you who have also never done a damn thing can pull random numbers out of your ass and your an expert. It's ok for someone to disagree with you, there's people that think Russell Wilson sucks so I can tell you there are a ton of people that think Jake Browning is as middle of the road as they come.


    What's funny is that Huge Millen who is a former husky criticized Browning and said he wasn't playing well. He also said that is what frustrates a lot of former husky players that he knows because they have a number defense and a great running game but the QB position is what is holding them back from being a title contender.


    BTW, Hugh Millen had a passing efficiency rating of 106 compared to Jake's 155, completed 55% of his passes compared to Jake's 65%, AND had one of the worst TD to INT ratios of any UW QB at .52, THAT IS OVER SIX TIMES WORSE THAN JAKE"S 3.25 ratio.

    LOL.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1427
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:23 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:This thread is already longer than Browning's legacy will be.


    Lol. yeah, really getting my money's worth huh?
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1427
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:33 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    goseahawks2012 wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    You don't know what you're talking about, I don't play that game rating the QB's, it's stupid and former Husky QB's would tell you so themselves. There was a time where we had several QB's in the NFL but the only one that was really successful was Warren Moon but he wasn't anything really great at UW (49%), he just had the physical tools to go much further. Another thing those QB's would tell you is that Jake had a great career and the criticism directed at him is just more pathetic fan behavior by people that never did a damn thing in sports but feel free to proclaim themselves experts.


    I look forward to former Husky quarterbacks telling me things, and it's funny how I've never done a damn thing in sports so I can't be critical but you who have also never done a damn thing can pull random numbers out of your ass and your an expert. It's ok for someone to disagree with you, there's people that think Russell Wilson sucks so I can tell you there are a ton of people that think Jake Browning is as middle of the road as they come.


    What's funny is that Huge Millen who is a former husky criticized Browning and said he wasn't playing well. He also said that is what frustrates a lot of former husky players that he knows because they have a number defense and a great running game but the QB position is what is holding them back from being a title contender.


    BTW, Hugh Millen had a passing efficiency rating of 106 compared to Jake's 155, completed 55% of his passes compared to Jake's 65%, AND had one of the worst TD to INT ratios of any UW QB at .52, THAT IS OVER SIX TIMES WORSE THAN JAKE"S 3.25 ratio.

    LOL.



    I dont know your age or if you remember Millen that season but any Husky fan and every Sooner fan old enough remembers that Orange Bowl. It was one of the biggest wins in the teams history and should have gave us a National Championship. That was Millens legacy for me. Jake hasnt won a game of that magnitude but to me his legacy will be the teams wins and losses and years from now the wins will be what I remember. Especially against the Ducks and Cougars.
    justafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1367
    Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:37 am


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:38 pm
  • justafan wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    goseahawks2012 wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    I look forward to former Husky quarterbacks telling me things, and it's funny how I've never done a damn thing in sports so I can't be critical but you who have also never done a damn thing can pull random numbers out of your ass and your an expert. It's ok for someone to disagree with you, there's people that think Russell Wilson sucks so I can tell you there are a ton of people that think Jake Browning is as middle of the road as they come.


    What's funny is that Huge Millen who is a former husky criticized Browning and said he wasn't playing well. He also said that is what frustrates a lot of former husky players that he knows because they have a number defense and a great running game but the QB position is what is holding them back from being a title contender.


    BTW, Hugh Millen had a passing efficiency rating of 106 compared to Jake's 155, completed 55% of his passes compared to Jake's 65%, AND had one of the worst TD to INT ratios of any UW QB at .52, THAT IS OVER SIX TIMES WORSE THAN JAKE"S 3.25 ratio.

    LOL.



    I dont know your age or if you remember Millen that season but any Husky fan and every Sooner fan old enough remembers that Orange Bowl. It was one of the biggest wins in the teams history and should have gave us a National Championship. That was Millens legacy for me. Jake hasnt won a game of that magnitude but to me his legacy will be the teams wins and losses and years from now the wins will be what I remember. Especially against the Ducks and Cougars.


    Every Husky fan knows that game, or should.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1427
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:41 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    justafan wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    goseahawks2012 wrote:
    What's funny is that Huge Millen who is a former husky criticized Browning and said he wasn't playing well. He also said that is what frustrates a lot of former husky players that he knows because they have a number defense and a great running game but the QB position is what is holding them back from being a title contender.


    BTW, Hugh Millen had a passing efficiency rating of 106 compared to Jake's 155, completed 55% of his passes compared to Jake's 65%, AND had one of the worst TD to INT ratios of any UW QB at .52, THAT IS OVER SIX TIMES WORSE THAN JAKE"S 3.25 ratio.

    LOL.



    I dont know your age or if you remember Millen that season but any Husky fan and every Sooner fan old enough remembers that Orange Bowl. It was one of the biggest wins in the teams history and should have gave us a National Championship. That was Millens legacy for me. Jake hasnt won a game of that magnitude but to me his legacy will be the teams wins and losses and years from now the wins will be what I remember. Especially against the Ducks and Cougars.


    Every Husky fan knows that game, or should.


    Edit: Paul Sicuro started that game, not Hugh. In fact, Hugh was so ineffective he was replaced mid-season by Sicuro. But Millen did come in, in the 4th qtr and engineer a winning drive. But sorry, one drive doesn't exactly make for a legacy. Hugh wasn't nearly as good a QB as Jake has been.

    http://mailtribune.com/archive/where-ar ... -123705792
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1427
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:45 pm
  • I guess you missed my point.His "greatness" wasnt what I was pointing out or what I will remember him for.It was what the team accomplished is the legacy. For me Jakes will be the same.
    justafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1367
    Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:37 am


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:18 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    goseahawks2012 wrote:. but the QB position is what is holding them back from being a title contender.


    That's just ridiculous. What is holding UW and about 110 of the country's college team from being title contenders is talent. UW is just climbing out of the depths and is only recently getting good recruiting classes and to date, no top-10 classes.

    When we played Alabama we had the 24th ranked talent composite, Alabama had the #1 ranked talent composite.

    This year we have the 20th ranked talent composite and Ohio St. has the #1 ranked talent composite.

    They simply are able to recruit better, bigger, and faster players than anyone else.

    Until you are able to have consistent top-10 recruiting classes, and probably top-5 classes, you have very little chance at being a title contender and that is proven by statistics.

    The east coast teams will always have an advantage because there's just way more population there. The only team on the west coast that seems to have a real chance is USC with the greater LA area having upwards of 25 million people.

    But go ahead and spin this into some other ridiculous argument, I can't wait.


    Did you have a better recruiting class then Cal? How about Oregon? Look at the 3 loses you had this year, all three are close games, all 3 could have easily been won had Browning been better the mediocre in those games. To say you have no chance is stupid you were in the playoffs 3 years ago, with slightly better QB play you could have been in them this year too.
    Last edited by getnasty on Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3240
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:46 pm
  • The next big game Browning wins will be the first. He has a chance in the Rose Bowl, but I expect you will see a lot of him running straight backwards 10-12 yards and either getting sacked or throwing really bad balls. He may even throw another pick trying to throw the ball away out of bounds. Unless Gaskin goes off, the Buckeyes are going to go in dry me thinks.

    Browning is a poor man's Kellen Moore.
    OrangeGravy
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 122
    Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:47 pm


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:30 am
  • Feed the rock to Gaskin. Look at what Purdue did to them. OSU's defense is nothing special at all. I actually really like Washington's chances in this game. Gonna be close, IMO.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4958
    Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:42 am
  • fenderbender123 wrote:Feed the rock to Gaskin. Look at what Purdue did to them. OSU's defense is nothing special at all. I actually really like Washington's chances in this game. Gonna be close, IMO.


    There's no way to predict how kids that age will react in these games, so anything can happen and OSU has been suspect all year with a couple of exceptions. Urban retiring has me leaning towards OSU coming in ready to steamroll. It could have the opposite affect, but I don't think so. The thing about them is they have equal or better athletes at every position. I think their lapses during the season have more to do with motivation than anything else as evidenced by the Michigan thrashing. Haskins can throw some picks to even things up though. If UW can't run for more than 3 yards on 1st down, they are in deep deep doo doo
    OrangeGravy
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 122
    Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:47 pm


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:50 am
  • I don't think it being Urban's last game is going to factor much into it. Urban Meyer is an elite head football coach. There is no way he's been leaving any of his players' emotional fuel untapped. And he's a winner, so there's no way he mails this one in, even if it is his last game.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4958
    Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:28 pm
  • OrangeGravy wrote:The next big game Browning wins will be the first. He has a chance in the Rose Bowl, but I expect you will see a lot of him running straight backwards 10-12 yards and either getting sacked or throwing really bad balls. He may even throw another pick trying to throw the ball away out of bounds. Unless Gaskin goes off, the Buckeyes are going to go in dry me thinks.

    Browning is a poor man's Kellen Moore.


    Orange Gravy? What are you a Beaver? Lol.

    Honestly, I would be embarrassed if I were you. Yes, it's going to be a tough game against Ohio St. but that's not because of Browning, it's because Ohio St. has the #1 ranked talent composite in the country and we have the 20th. In simple terms we are over-matched but we can win this game, their defense is not great.

    Jake Browning is the most efficient passer in Husky history, unlike your opinions, that's a fact

    Someday you will make an intelligent post, I'm not sure I will live that long.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1427
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:32 pm
  • getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    goseahawks2012 wrote:. but the QB position is what is holding them back from being a title contender.


    That's just ridiculous. What is holding UW and about 110 of the country's college team from being title contenders is talent. UW is just climbing out of the depths and is only recently getting good recruiting classes and to date, no top-10 classes.

    When we played Alabama we had the 24th ranked talent composite, Alabama had the #1 ranked talent composite.

    This year we have the 20th ranked talent composite and Ohio St. has the #1 ranked talent composite.

    They simply are able to recruit better, bigger, and faster players than anyone else.

    Until you are able to have consistent top-10 recruiting classes, and probably top-5 classes, you have very little chance at being a title contender and that is proven by statistics.

    The east coast teams will always have an advantage because there's just way more population there. The only team on the west coast that seems to have a real chance is USC with the greater LA area having upwards of 25 million people.

    But go ahead and spin this into some other ridiculous argument, I can't wait.


    Did you have a better recruiting class then Cal? How about Oregon? Look at the 3 loses you had this year, all three are close games, all 3 could have easily been won had Browning been better the mediocre in those games. To say you have no chance is stupid you were in the playoffs 3 years ago, with slightly better QB play you could have been in them this year too.


    Thank you, another ridiculous post, you're very predictable.

    We could have won if EVERY player had a better game but that's football. In every single one of those games Coach Petersen's game time decisions had more to do with the losses than Jake's play.

    Who do you think you are fooling? You're just a troll.
    Last edited by DomeHawk on Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1427
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:34 pm
  • justafan wrote:I guess you missed my point.His "greatness" wasnt what I was pointing out or what I will remember him for.It was what the team accomplished is the legacy. For me Jakes will be the same.


    Lol, you are correct and apologies, the trolls have me defensive.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1427
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:47 pm
  • Haha no worries.
    justafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1367
    Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:37 am


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:01 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:I don't think it being Urban's last game is going to factor much into it. Urban Meyer is an elite head football coach. There is no way he's been leaving any of his players' emotional fuel untapped. And he's a winner, so there's no way he mails this one in, even if it is his last game.


    I think his players are going to give it their absolute all for him.

    As it should be.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1427
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:23 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    OrangeGravy wrote:The next big game Browning wins will be the first. He has a chance in the Rose Bowl, but I expect you will see a lot of him running straight backwards 10-12 yards and either getting sacked or throwing really bad balls. He may even throw another pick trying to throw the ball away out of bounds. Unless Gaskin goes off, the Buckeyes are going to go in dry me thinks.

    Browning is a poor man's Kellen Moore.


    Orange Gravy? What are you a Beaver? Lol.

    Honestly, I would be embarrassed if I were you. Yes, it's going to be a tough game against Ohio St. but that's not because of Browning, it's because Ohio St. has the #1 ranked talent composite in the country and we have the 20th. In simple terms we are over-matched but we can win this game, their defense is not great.

    Jake Browning is the most efficient passer in Husky history, unlike your opinions, that's a fact

    Someday you will make an intelligent post, I'm not sure I will live that long.

    You're trying way too hard
    OrangeGravy
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 122
    Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:47 pm


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:35 am

Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:07 pm

Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:13 pm
  • He is a guy that helped bring some great athletes to this team to help it become better.

    But he was always the big problem with why this team could never really be great. Because he wasn't very good. He was a guy that put in a lot of effort but simply did not have the talent to be a top or even middle tier big conference college QB. Not to mention the quality of Pac-12 QBs vs what he was/is.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3530
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:28 pm
  • Browning fans....

    When the Dawgs win it’s because of Browning, when they lose its everyone else’s but Jake’s fault.
    The Teflon QB.
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Reason: Really?
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24816
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:09 pm
  • Legacy???What...Ha ha ha!
    I'm sorry but the only one I see is that he can't
    perform on the big stage..He just is not good
    enough..I defended him before this year but
    He's done..Bye Bye!
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4436
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:11 pm
  • I think he should petition for a 5th year. That will be his legacy, changing ncaa rules.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24098
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:31 pm
  • His legacy is being the guy that kept teams loaded with NFL talent and exceptional college football players from ever really coming close to their potential.

    He helped this team for 1 year (his freshman year) and then held this team back for 3 more years.

    He would have been the worst QB I have seen wear a Husky uniform since the Keith Gilbertson days but he came after Cyler Miles who WAS the worst. And yet, he will end up breaking all kinds of Husky QB records because his WRs were guys like Ross and Pettis.

    He won't be missed.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3530
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:43 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:I think he should petition for a 5th year. That will be his legacy, changing ncaa rules.

    @&%# that!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24816
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:45 pm
  • Let the Eason/Yankoff era begin! :2thumbs:
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24816
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:12 am

Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:07 am
  • Browning set every passing record the school has. His legacy in many regards is a solid one.

    But bowl game flops will take its toll.

    He wasnt nearly the worst. But he did not take the chances he had to cement himself as the best either

    Maybe his legacy will be that he helped usher in a new era of Husky football
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 14964
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:13 pm

Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:12 pm

Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:52 pm
  • Jake wasn't the best QB to don the purple and gold but this season he didn't have much to work with on the receiving end. Yesterday, there were too many passes dropped by the WRs (ones that hit them right in the hands). Can't Browning on those. He was basically average so his legacy will soon be forgotten.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7455
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:03 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:Jake wasn't the best QB to don the purple and gold but this season he didn't have much to work with on the receiving end. Yesterday, there were too many passes dropped by the WRs (ones that hit them right in the hands). Can't Browning on those. He was basically average so his legacy will soon be forgotten.


    Watching the game from the stands you get to see the passing plays develop. The receivers dropped passes, sometimes Jake was late, and sometimes the O-line didn't protect him. After watching the TV replay last night the announcers remarked that he was throwing too late but they weren't getting open, OSU's DB's were much better than I expected. That was partly due to Hamdan's early game plan that didn't include Hunter Bryant or passes downfield. Their DB's were playing close up on out receivers, they simply didn't respect the downfield pass. Add to that Jake's fear of throwing an INT and it was an anemic attack.

    I think Jake will be remembered well, this was the best period of UDub football in 20 years.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1427
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:13 pm
  • His legacy will be similar to Trent Dilfers legacy with the Hawks.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3240
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:29 pm
  • getnasty wrote:His legacy will be similar to Trent Dilfers legacy with the Hawks.


    Hardly, Dilfer was 35-29 for a 55% winning percentage, Jake was 39-15 for a 72% winning percentage.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1427
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:43 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:His legacy will be similar to Trent Dilfers legacy with the Hawks.


    Hardly, Dilfer was 35-29 for a 55% winning percentage, Jake was 39-15 for a 72% winning percentage.


    Your right so it will be more like Jake Brownings legacy will be similar to Russell Wilson
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3240
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm


Re: The Legacy of Jake Browning
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:48 pm
  • getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:His legacy will be similar to Trent Dilfers legacy with the Hawks.


    Hardly, Dilfer was 35-29 for a 55% winning percentage, Jake was 39-15 for a 72% winning percentage.


    Your right so it will be more like Jake Brownings legacy will be similar to Russell Wilson


    Your words, not mine.

    But you are correct in a sense, they both brought us back from obscurity.

    BTW, it would be "You're right," not "Your right."

    And yes, I am the grammar police, lol.
    Last edited by DomeHawk on Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1427
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


PreviousNext


It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online