Burr-Kirven Named Pac-12 Football Scholar-Athlete of th Year

GeekHawk

Reaction score
With a major in comparative literature (cinema studies), I'm glad for him that he didn't do like one of my nieces did at UW and waste a bunch of his college money on a useless degree like that (hers was Art History). This way he still has some money to go back to college and learn something useful, like my friend who played on the line at WSU and studied sociology. With that degree, he was able to go back to college for 4 more years and get a degree in civil engineering.

My niece ended up working as a barista and sold stuff at Crate & Barrel before becoming a full-time housewife. Who also knows a bunch about art history.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
What does any of this have to do with a kid making good on his scholarship, which is the point of the OP.

Having played D1 sports, I can tell you its very difficult to maintain high academic standards while committing yourself to the rigors of competitive athletics. And i didn't experience anything like Pac 12 football.

Kids deserves credit, as the ones that walk away with degrees all do.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DomeHawk":17xi6ygn said:
What a great season Ben had this year, on and off the field.

So, before all of the "he'll never make it in the pros" recycled crapola, let's acknowledge that this IS what collegiate sports are all about.

https://247sports.com/college/washingto ... 125508572/
I don’t agree with a lot of what you say most of the time, but I agree this kid is a baller that I think has a shot to play at the next level.
Just hope his body can hold up with the velocity of hitting at the NFL level.