UW's Myles Gaskin fulfills fan's 'last wish'

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/KIRO7Seattle/status/1068406286948155392[/tweet]

Trina --- a life-long Husky fan --- has had brain cancer for 12-years and is nearing the end of her battle.

Scott thought there was a chance Gaskin might visit after the Pac 12 championship game. He never imagined Gaskin and UW punter Race Porter – both O’Dea High School graduates -- would take time the night before flying to California.

Scott believes Gaskin knows full well what his visit meant to the entire Christiani family. “Yes I do, because I think he’s an outstanding young man,” he said.

“I think they both saw an opportunity to bless somebody in a time of need, and they both said, ‘I’m going to jump on that opportunity,’ because they’re game changers, on and off the field.”

According to her husband, Trina’s memory is gone but she knew who was by her bedside Wednesday night.

“They made her feel really special, and they made us feel special. This was a time of healing,” he said through tears. “Her last wish was to see Myles Gaskin, but I believe that as much as she wanted that for herself, she wanted it even more for everyone else.”

Gaskin and Porter’s visit “allowed us all to come together around her one last time.”

justafan

Reaction score
He is every thing you want from a man to represent the Huskies.Prayers to the family.

Latest posts