Bama vs Georgia

justafan

Reaction score
I think Bama gets in win or lose as long as its a good game

SeatownJay

Reaction score
If Georgia wins tonight then you'll have 60% of the P5 conference champions excluded from the playoffs. That might finally get the P5 presidents to start seriously discussing expanding the playoffs.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
If Georgia wins, I think the SEC gets two teams in, which would likely leave Oklahoma out. No way can you take Bama out after how they have dominated this season. Have to reward Georgia and put them in obviously. Either way it shouldn't alter the Rose Bowl and the Huskies much. Looks like the Big 10 won't be in the playoff. Bring on Ohio State!

HawkGA

Reaction score
A real struggle for Bama, but honestly, I'm not sure they wouldn't be better off losing at this point. If Georgia loses, I think they have a darn good shot at getting the 4th seed after their performance today. That would set up a rematch of this exact game in the semifinals. If Bama loses, I think they still get in but they'd be the 4 seed playing Clemson again.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Given how this game has gone, I think the committee will still keep Georgia at #4 despite the loss.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Empty backfield...should have gone with a bubble screen. :twisted:

getnasty

Reaction score
SeatownJay":eucidbi5 said:
Given how this game has gone, I think the committee will still keep Georgia at #4 despite the loss.

Not sure if they will or not but I agree.

justafan

Reaction score
SeatownJay":x6nrd7xz said:

I think they are worthy of the number 4 but I would hate to see a 2 loss team without a conference tite beat out an OSU with 1 loss and a title. If i was the SEC I wouldnt even have a conference title game. It doesnt help them at all.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I think the rematch angle should factor in too. UGA would be the 4 seed and Bama would be the 1 seed so they would end up playing again in the semifinals.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Georgia choked and lost for the second time..
No way they deserve the fourth spot..The SEC isn't all that despite what
the media keeps wanting you to believe..Expand the playoff if you want
your SEC teams all in there..

justafan

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1dr899pl said:
Georgia choked and lost for the second time..
No way they deserve the fourth spot..The SEC isn't all that despite what
the media keeps wanting you to believe..Expand the playoff if you want
your SEC teams all in there..

I think they are the 2 best teams in the nation.They have proved it all year by their records against the toughest strength of schedule among those that are left. I think last nights game was the national championship game.

SOS
Georgia #1
Ala. # 2
OSU#11
Clem # 14
OK # 16
ND #26
UCF #71

Michigan is the only non SEC team in the top 10 SOS.

Edt, SOS just updated

HawkGA

Reaction score
If Georgia gets in and doesn't play Bama, we'll probably see Georgia versus Bama in the championship game. But if Georgia gets in and gets the 4 seed, we'd see Georgia-Bama in the next game. I don't think that makes a lot of sense. A seeding of:
#1 Bamam
#2 Clemson
#3 UGA
#4 Notre Dame

would probably make for the best playoff. But I doubt that will happen. I think Oklahoma should get the #4 spot.

justafan

Reaction score
HawkGA":3ea5mbsw said:
If Georgia gets in and doesn't play Bama, we'll probably see Georgia versus Bama in the championship game. But if Georgia gets in and gets the 4 seed, we'd see Georgia-Bama in the next game. I don't think that makes a lot of sense. A seeding of:
#1 Bamam
#2 Clemson
#3 UGA
#4 Notre Dame

would probably make for the best playoff. But I doubt that will happen. I think Oklahoma should get the #4 spot.

I agree. Who do you think gets in if UGA doesnt? I think OSU has the better D,QB is equal and runs the ball better than Sooners I believe.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Georgia has two losses. Oklahoma and OSU do not. Would suck if georgia got in.

SOS shouldn't overcome that extra loss. Sometimes teams play tougher opponents earlier in tournaments. Georgia had their chance.

justafan

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1wq9wwsy said:
Georgia has two losses. Oklahoma and OSU do not. Would suck if georgia got in.

SOS shouldn't overcome that extra loss. Sometimes teams play tougher opponents earlier in tournaments. Georgia had their chance.

If UGA gets in it wouldnt be fair to Alabama. They already beat them. I would love to see them play again tho.

HawkGA

Reaction score
justafan":y4kzewf5 said:
HawkGA":y4kzewf5 said:
#1 Bamam
#2 Clemson
#3 UGA
#4 Notre Dame

I agree. Who do you think gets in if UGA doesnt? I think OSU has the better D,QB is equal and runs the ball better than Sooners I believe.

I think Oklahoma. I think Ohio State has just looked bad too much of the season. I think their win yesterday is a bit misleading too. They did a little score padding at the end.

I'm guessing they end up #6 with Georgia #5.

Latest posts