Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

2019 Huskies Football Schedule

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
2019 Huskies Football Schedule
Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:21 pm
  • The full schedule with dates was announced today. Interestingly, Washington has a second bye week next year.

Aug. 31: EASTERN WASHINGTON
    Sept. 7: CALIFORNIA
    Sept. 14: HAWAII
    Sept. 21: at BYU
    Sept. 28: USC
    Oct. 5: at Stanford
    Oct. 12: at Arizona
    Oct. 19: OREGON (Homecoming)
    Oct. 26: bye week
    Nov. 2: UTAH
    Nov. 8 (Fri.): at Oregon State
    Nov. 16: bye week
    Nov. 23: at Colorado
    Nov. 29 (Fri.): WASHINGTON STATE
    Dec. 6: Pac-12 Championship Game
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Re: 2019 Huskies Football Schedule
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:31 pm
  • I believe everybody will now have two byes. 3 if you have Oregon state on your schedule.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:49 pm
  • I better not hear any Huskies fans poking fun at other team's schedules.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:07 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:I better not hear any Huskies fans poking fun at other team's schedules.

Jeez, lol, Alabama bandwagoners working the crowd already?
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:39 pm

Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:44 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:I better not hear any Huskies fans poking fun at other team's schedules.

PAC-12 teams play 9 in conference games a season while SEC teams play 8. SEC teams pad their schedules with 1 more out of conference cupcake than PAC-12 teams do.

Alabama's 2018 out of conference schedule was Louisville, Arkansas State, Louisiana, The Citadel.

Sure looks like there's still room to poke fun at other team's schedules to me as long as they continue scheduling 4 out of conference cupcakes a season. I mean, Alabama is a juggernaut program yet they're scheduling a bunch of teams that Alabama A&M could beat. C'mon.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:08 pm
  • Louisville sucked this year, true. But they were good last year and if their QB has suck around another season they would have been good this year too. I do wish SEC teams would schedule one more conference game if for no other reason than to shut up the complaints. But one of the things I've liked about the BCS and the new playoff selection system is that it encourages (usually) good out of conference games. UW and Auburn played this year. Bama plays USC in the near future. There were the games a few years ago with Oklahoma and Ohio State. That's all good stuff.

But I'm not really defending the SEC's scheduling so much as saying that it's not like other teams have really good out of conference schedules. Eastern Washington, Hawaii, and BYU isn't exactly lighting it up. What's the matter, was Rutgers busy next season?
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:24 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:But I'm not really defending the SEC's scheduling so much as saying that it's not like other teams have really good out of conference schedules. Eastern Washington, Hawaii, and BYU isn't exactly lighting it up. What's the matter, was Rutgers busy next season?

Cut the BS Alabama bandwagoner.

2020 and 2021: Michigan back-to-back

2023 and 2024: Ohio St. back-to-back
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:41 pm
  • Alabama: The Citadel back-to-back-to-back-to-back. Probably. :mrgreen:
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:23 am
  • HawkGA wrote:Louisville sucked this year, true. But they were good last year and if their QB has suck around another season they would have been good this year too. I do wish SEC teams would schedule one more conference game if for no other reason than to shut up the complaints. But one of the things I've liked about the BCS and the new playoff selection system is that it encourages (usually) good out of conference games. UW and Auburn played this year. Bama plays USC in the near future. There were the games a few years ago with Oklahoma and Ohio State. That's all good stuff.

But I'm not really defending the SEC's scheduling so much as saying that it's not like other teams have really good out of conference schedules. Eastern Washington, Hawaii, and BYU isn't exactly lighting it up. What's the matter, was Rutgers busy next season?

At least BYU has shown time and again that they can be competitive with teams in P5 conferences. This season they beat Arizona and Wisconsin (when Wisconsin was ranked #6) and they played a very close game against #17 Utah but ultimately lost 27-35 just a couple weeks ago. And at least UW is willing to go on the road against out of conference opponents. We started the season on the east coast against Auburn this year and we will play at BYU next year. When was the last time Alabama played a remotely decent out of conference opponent on the road?

Let's look at Alabama's 2019 out of conference schedule.

Duke, New Mexico State, Southern Miss, Western Carolina.

And in typical Bama fashion, all of those games are at home. Jesus, that's pathetic. What's the matter, was Georgia State busy next season?
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:47 am
  • Duke won 8 games this season (assuming I counted right) and beat teams like Northwestern and Army (more handily than Oklahoma did, btw). Also, that game isn't at home. It's at a, ahem, neutral site in Atlanta. BYU won 7 and their losses included a loss to Northern Illinois.

But again, my point isn't really to rag on the UW schedule in comparison to Alabama's schedule. My point is that UW's schedule isn't some drastically tougher schedule than Alabama's. All the bitching about other teams not playing touch schedules is a tired trope.

Oh, and Alabama's non-conference in 2020 has USC. UW's has Michigan. So I think we can all say that 2020 is trending in the right direction.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:15 am
  • HawkGA wrote:Duke won 8 games this season (assuming I counted right) (You didn't) and beat teams like Northwestern and Army (more handily than Oklahoma did, btw). Also, that game isn't at home. It's at a, ahem, neutral site in Atlanta. BYU won 7 and their losses included a loss to Northern Illinois.

Duke was 7-5 this season and lost to Wake Forest 59-7 in their last game.

Oh, and that whole "neutral site" thing is pretty funny, but nobody's buying it. Technically it's not at home, it's just in their backyard.

But again, my point isn't really to rag on the UW schedule in comparison to Alabama's schedule. My point is that UW's schedule isn't some drastically tougher schedule than Alabama's. All the bitching about other teams not playing touch schedules is a tired trope.

Really? That was your point when you instigated this whole back and forth about schedules with this comment?

I better not hear any Huskies fans poking fun at other team's schedules.

If you're tired of "All the bitching about other teams not playing tough schedules" maybe don't make comments implying other teams have weak schedules. Comments like that are almost certainly going to get some push back coming from an Alabama fan, don't you think?

Oh, and Alabama's non-conference in 2020 has USC. UW's has Michigan. So I think we can all say that 2020 is trending in the right direction.

Yes, that is good to see. I don't suppose Alabama is going to actually play in Southern California? ;)
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:30 am
  • Chapow wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:I don't suppose Alabama is going to actually play in Southern California? ;) [/color]

Don't be silly. :)
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:17 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information