2019 Huskies Football Schedule

SeatownJay

Reaction score
The full schedule with dates was announced today. Interestingly, Washington has a second bye week next year.

Aug. 31: EASTERN WASHINGTON
Sept. 7: CALIFORNIA
Sept. 14: HAWAII
Sept. 21: at BYU
Sept. 28: USC
Oct. 5: at Stanford
Oct. 12: at Arizona
Oct. 19: OREGON (Homecoming)
Oct. 26: bye week
Nov. 2: UTAH
Nov. 8 (Fri.): at Oregon State
Nov. 16: bye week
Nov. 23: at Colorado
Nov. 29 (Fri.): WASHINGTON STATE
Dec. 6: Pac-12 Championship Game

HawkGA

Reaction score
I better not hear any Huskies fans poking fun at other team's schedules.

D

DomeHawk

HawkGA":3uh1kwes said:

Jeez, lol, Alabama bandwagoners working the crowd already?

Chapow

Reaction score
HawkGA":1dnd6txs said:

PAC-12 teams play 9 in conference games a season while SEC teams play 8. SEC teams pad their schedules with 1 more out of conference cupcake than PAC-12 teams do.

Alabama's 2018 out of conference schedule was Louisville, Arkansas State, Louisiana, The Citadel.

Sure looks like there's still room to poke fun at other team's schedules to me as long as they continue scheduling 4 out of conference cupcakes a season. I mean, Alabama is a juggernaut program yet they're scheduling a bunch of teams that Alabama A&M could beat. C'mon.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Louisville sucked this year, true. But they were good last year and if their QB has suck around another season they would have been good this year too. I do wish SEC teams would schedule one more conference game if for no other reason than to shut up the complaints. But one of the things I've liked about the BCS and the new playoff selection system is that it encourages (usually) good out of conference games. UW and Auburn played this year. Bama plays USC in the near future. There were the games a few years ago with Oklahoma and Ohio State. That's all good stuff.

But I'm not really defending the SEC's scheduling so much as saying that it's not like other teams have really good out of conference schedules. Eastern Washington, Hawaii, and BYU isn't exactly lighting it up. What's the matter, was Rutgers busy next season?

D

DomeHawk

HawkGA":3c8zop86 said:
But I'm not really defending the SEC's scheduling so much as saying that it's not like other teams have really good out of conference schedules. Eastern Washington, Hawaii, and BYU isn't exactly lighting it up. What's the matter, was Rutgers busy next season?

Cut the BS Alabama bandwagoner.

2020 and 2021: Michigan back-to-back

2023 and 2024: Ohio St. back-to-back

Chapow

Reaction score
HawkGA":1ul63d1v said:
Louisville sucked this year, true. But they were good last year and if their QB has suck around another season they would have been good this year too. I do wish SEC teams would schedule one more conference game if for no other reason than to shut up the complaints. But one of the things I've liked about the BCS and the new playoff selection system is that it encourages (usually) good out of conference games. UW and Auburn played this year. Bama plays USC in the near future. There were the games a few years ago with Oklahoma and Ohio State. That's all good stuff.

At least BYU has shown time and again that they can be competitive with teams in P5 conferences. This season they beat Arizona and Wisconsin (when Wisconsin was ranked #6) and they played a very close game against #17 Utah but ultimately lost 27-35 just a couple weeks ago. And at least UW is willing to go on the road against out of conference opponents. We started the season on the east coast against Auburn this year and we will play at BYU next year. When was the last time Alabama played a remotely decent out of conference opponent on the road?

Let's look at Alabama's 2019 out of conference schedule.

Duke, New Mexico State, Southern Miss, Western Carolina.

And in typical Bama fashion, all of those games are at home. Jesus, that's pathetic. What's the matter, was Georgia State busy next season?

HawkGA

Reaction score
Duke won 8 games this season (assuming I counted right) and beat teams like Northwestern and Army (more handily than Oklahoma did, btw). Also, that game isn't at home. It's at a, ahem, neutral site in Atlanta. BYU won 7 and their losses included a loss to Northern Illinois.

But again, my point isn't really to rag on the UW schedule in comparison to Alabama's schedule. My point is that UW's schedule isn't some drastically tougher schedule than Alabama's. All the bitching about other teams not playing touch schedules is a tired trope.

Oh, and Alabama's non-conference in 2020 has USC. UW's has Michigan. So I think we can all say that 2020 is trending in the right direction.

Chapow

Reaction score
HawkGA":8111ojso said:
Duke won 8 games this season (assuming I counted right) (You didn't) and beat teams like Northwestern and Army (more handily than Oklahoma did, btw). Also, that game isn't at home. It's at a, ahem, neutral site in Atlanta. BYU won 7 and their losses included a loss to Northern Illinois.

Duke was 7-5 this season and lost to Wake Forest 59-7 in their last game.

Oh, and that whole "neutral site" thing is pretty funny, but nobody's buying it. Technically it's not at home, it's just in their backyard.

But again, my point isn't really to rag on the UW schedule in comparison to Alabama's schedule. My point is that UW's schedule isn't some drastically tougher schedule than Alabama's. All the bitching about other teams not playing touch schedules is a tired trope.

Really? That was your point when you instigated this whole back and forth about schedules with this comment?

If you're tired of "All the bitching about other teams not playing tough schedules" maybe don't make comments implying other teams have weak schedules. Comments like that are almost certainly going to get some push back coming from an Alabama fan, don't you think?

Oh, and Alabama's non-conference in 2020 has USC. UW's has Michigan. So I think we can all say that 2020 is trending in the right direction.

Yes, that is good to see. I don't suppose Alabama is going to actually play in Southern California? ;)

Latest posts