Alamo Bowl

HawkGA

Reaction score
Cougs up 7-0.

Since we when did a taunting penalty take points off the board? Weak sauce penalty took a pick six off the board for the Cougs.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
HawkGA":6cygt5l5 said:
Cougs up 7-0.

Since we when did a taunting penalty take points off the board? Weak sauce penalty took a pick six off the board for the Cougs.

While I thought him taunting was a bit Busch league, taking a TD off the board doesnt fit the crime at all. AT ALL!!!

minormillikin

Reaction score
Your spelling of Busch really brings me back to my days at WSU.

So many kegs and cases of Busch Light...

City Of Reign

Reaction score
minormillikin":2526d7m8 said:
Your spelling of Busch really brings me back to my days at WSU.

So many kegs and cases of Busch Light...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

JGreen79

Reaction score
HawkGA":46kbgggb said:
Cougs up 7-0.

It's been a rule since 2011

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
IS defenders leading with helmets on nearly every tackle. Coach needs to chill, and perhaps teach proper tackling imo.

Osprey

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":39e42mnh said:
IS defenders leading with helmets on nearly every tackle. Coach needs to chill, and perhaps teach proper tackling imo.
That last targeting was BS. The tackler dips his head, but then pulls it up and makes contact with the facemask not the crown.

*So now they're saying the crown is basically any part of the helmet? WTF
When will they just change the penalty to 'impeding the offense' and call it good? Is today's society really so ADD every game needs an over of 70+?

getnasty

Reaction score
I thought the hit by the corner on the previous play was targeting and didn't think the hit on Minshew was.

getnasty

Reaction score
This wide receiver for Iowa St is looking very intriguing.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I know UW fans think WSU fans are hicks, but holy cow look at those Iowa State fans. That's a down-home, corn-pone group of hillbillies there.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Been super-fun following the Cougars and Mike Leach and Gardner Minshew and Peyton Pelluer this year.

All year, just when it looks like the Cougars are in a pickle, late in the game, and you expect them to "Coug it", Minshew or someone else pulls some remarkable play out of their ass, or they get just the right little break, or the D gets a turnover. Exactly how things went vs. Iowa State.

Peyton Pelluer gets that strip fumble, in the 4th quarter, then Minshew pulls that shovel pass out of his ass on 3rd and 10, leading to Borghi's 10 yard TD run.

The WSU Cougars have been exciting and clutch all year, and many exciting games.
Winning at Stanford, 50-47? Wow. Beating Oregon? Fantastic.

It was just a shame that the Apple Cup was so influenced by the snowy weather. Would have been a much more interesting game, even if the final result wasn't different. Probably would have looked a lot like the Alamo Bowl.

You could tell Iowa State had a superb defense, like the Cal and UW Huskies defenses. Minshew did well not to force throws into 8 man coverage.
Anyway, congratulations to WSU for a superb season!! 11 wins!!

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Great win for the Cougs and a very good and memorable year! 11-2, how about that? Should finish in the top 10.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I really want Hakeem Butler from Iowa St on the Hawks. He is the big outside WR they have always been missing