Today's (December 29) Bowl Games

HawkGA

Reaction score
Florida is reminding Michigan why Michigan wouldn't want to play in the SEC.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
The only big games South Carolina winds are against Georgia early in the season.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
They need to stop letting teams other then Alabama, Clemson, Georgia and Ohio state in the playoffs. These games aren’t even competitive.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
So they should stop letting the best teams in? Yep, that sounds like a PAC-12 fan.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
HawkGA":24d9weq7 said:
So they should stop letting the best teams in? Yep, that sounds like a PAC-12 fan.

Think you misread my post, actually I’m saying they SHOULD put the 4 best teams in, not the 4 teams with the best records.Even if they’re all from the sec and have a couple losses. Sure Notre Dame was undefeated, but is there anybody who actually thought they were one of the 4 best teams?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I don't think it would've mattered who they put in against Alabama and Clemson, the Tide and Tigers would've still won handily.

ivotuk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":184igsmi said:
HawkGA":184igsmi said:

Think you misread my post, actually I’m saying they SHOULD put the 4 best teams in, not the 4 teams with the best records.Even if they’re all from the sec and have a couple losses. Sure Notre Dame was undefeated, but is there anybody who actually thought they were one of the 4 best teams?

Weird thing is, I read it the same way as HawkGA read it. Maybe it needs a comma somewhere? Or grammar correcting?

Anybody else read that post as "keeping those 4 teams out?"

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
ivotuk":2ugbmkcp said:
JSeahawks":2ugbmkcp said:
HawkGA":2ugbmkcp said:

Weird thing is, I read it the same way as HawkGA read it. Maybe it needs a comma somewhere? Or grammar correcting?

Somebody get iRo in here for an edit!

I don't know that Notre Dame is one of the 4 best, but I'm not sure who I would replace them with. Georgia is darn good, but 2 losses and having just lost to Alabama on a neutral field, I don't think they should have gotten in. Ohio State? Meh. Maybe. Ultimately, I don't have a problem with Notre Dame getting in because I just don't know a clear cut better alternative.

mrblitz

Reaction score
washington might have been closer to alabama than oklahoma turned out to be. as an aside, that (freshman?) wideout on oklahoma -- rambo? looks like a future pro. just a hunch... oh and about half a dozen players from the alabama defense...

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HawkGA":1gm5dkxb said:
ivotuk":1gm5dkxb said:
JSeahawks":1gm5dkxb said:
HawkGA":1gm5dkxb said:

Somebody get iRo in here for an edit!

I don't know that Notre Dame is one of the 4 best, but I'm not sure who I would replace them with. Georgia is darn good, but 2 losses and having just lost to Alabama on a neutral field, I don't think they should have gotten in. Ohio State? Meh. Maybe. Ultimately, I don't have a problem with Notre Dame getting in because I just don't know a clear cut better alternative.

I read it really fast and glossed over the intent. I just now read it again and it reads only those 4 should be there as they are the best teams. I read it slower and got the true meaning. All the words matter in this instance.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
I can’t see how anyone can say they enjoyed watching those games. NCAAF is the most unbalanced and non competitive league in all of sport I think with the NBA a close second. The model is clearly broken. Not sure how long a league can go on with allowing a handful of schools to choose from the very best players.

This actually reminds me of stacked little league teams that play down a couple levels to warm up for their “real season”. It is pretty much antithetical to the concept of sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Create a real playoff and I’ll watch Bowl Games. Until then, PAC-12 Championship is the last game of the season for this guy.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":240sfmpx said:
I can’t see how anyone can say they enjoyed watching those games. NCAAF is the most unbalanced and non competitive league in all of sport I think with the NBA a close second. The model is clearly broken. Not sure how long a league can go on with allowing a handful of schools to choose from the very best players.

This actually reminds me of stacked little league teams that play down a couple levels to warm up for their “real season”. It is pretty much antithetical to the concept of sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh? Every school gets to go out and recruit the players they choose to recruit. It's up to the coaches to sell these kids on their program. I will agree that schools have different recruiting budgets and maybe the NCAA should put a limit on those budgets to even the playing field a little. I think that for the elite players, their decision comes down to which school will best prepare them to play on Sundays. Right now, it's hard to argue against Alabama and Clemson.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
To prevent these continuously awful semifinal games, they need to expand to 8 teams in the playoff. I stated this premise before, but one of the reasons is teams like ND and OU would be eliminated in the 1st round and quality teams like Georgia and OH St would likely win so you would truly have the best 4 teams and much better matchups in the semis and final.

ND may have been undefeated but their talent level is nowhere near Georgia's. You expand to 8, the best will prevail.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":23ezio16 said:
To prevent these continuously awful semifinal games, they need to expand to 8 teams in the playoff. I stated this premise before, but one of the reasons is teams like ND and OU would be eliminated in the 1st round and quality teams like Georgia and OH St would likely win so you would truly have the best 4 teams and much better matchups in the semis and final.

ND may have been undefeated but their talent level is nowhere near Georgia's. You expand to 8, the best will prevail.

There was an excellent thread someone made with a college football playoff system that made a ton of sense. Basically every D-1 conference champion in a bracket. Seemed legit to me.

justafan

Reaction score
I dont think letting 4 more teams that have a slim chance of beating Alabama or Clemson is going to solve anything.

Every week is a playoff for teams wanting to be Champs. After watching how the season unfolded you knew who the 3 best teams were. After the SEC Championship game you knew who was NO 1. The 4th and 5th best teams were just lambs being led to a slaughter.